• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Welcome to the new forum!

I received a message from our system administrator regarding if the XenForo 2.2 system update yesterday was responsible for that our alerts list page no longer makes a distinction between viewed and unviewed notifications:

"Correct.

Unfortunately, those paid addons are not ready yet for XF 2.2. We have to wait a bit. I will try and run another fix after a few hours when the traffic is low.

By the way, there are some good improvements and features added to XF 2.2. You can find it here - https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-2-2-0-add-ons-released.185814/

Some of them having video instruction. I suggest you have a look and make sure you know about them.

These are actually good ones."

First off congratulations to @Ant and the other staff members for seeing this through.

With that out of the way I'm off to play & discover now
Thank you.

Do we necessarily need Fanfiction accounts now that we have a private messaging service on here?

Well, I definitely don't want you to get rid of the fanfiction.net accounts. They are good to keep, just in case we should need them, but it seems more convenient to usually use the PM function here, yes.

We have disallowed placing images into signatures and only allow brief texts with up to 200 characters and a single link, in order to avoid annoying the people who view them and to not distract from ongoing discussions.

Yes, we had the option to either set up an external forum, or be virtually unable to communicate with each other at all, so the wiki would quickly die.

We choose the considerably less bad option, but realise that it is less convenient to not have everything in the same place, and that it takes time to get used to everything new here.

The upside is that this is a genuinely higher quality forum than our old one. It doesn't suddenly delete texts that you spent over 30 minutes to write, and it has private PMs, for example.

Last edited:
I should have written "over 30 minutes", but it turned more striking the way it came out wrong.

I will definitely miss the convenience of being on the same site, without being able to see current discussions for pages I frequent it feels like it will be easier to miss threads related to verses or specific pages I follow.

However, that does feel like the only negative, everything else about the forum will take getting used to but seems like a plus...Can't tell you how many times I dropped my train of thought because the old forum ate a message I took too long to write

@GreyFang82

Yes, that is correct. Please read the entirety of this thread to get a lot of potential questions answered.

So are we allowed to post on the threads in the wiki or do we need to wait for that to be done migrating?

As I mentioned in the migration threads, the only discussions within the wiki itself that we are supposed to still respond to are the current migration thread, the discussions backup threads, the rule-violations reports thread, and the message walls.

Sultan, our system administrator.

You shouldn't bother him with PMs though. I can talk with him if necessary.

It worked to give me a notification. Thank you for helping out.

Maybe it's the wrong thread, but this question doesn't deserve its own topic
How do I send a PM to a user?

Thank you, but I think I'm missing something, because I don't see where I have to type the username and the message title. I tried to change the settings of the filters, but still nothing, and I don't think I need to use the search bar. Here's what I see.

I think that it is because you did not have a preexisting account when you first logged in here. Once your account is over 1 month old with over 200 edits, you can start conversations with others. Or at least I think that was the limit that we set up to avoid troll spam.

Didn't really see a place for this, but I'm back?/on the site again, and I couldn't find a good place to reintroduce myself, so maybe there should be a sticked thread for that.
Just to help the staff/mitigate impersonation.
So wonder women 1984 come out, so I returned. Not alot in that movie.

There were some problems with the automatic conversion of usernames with numbers in the beginning.

I will try to update your username to remove "fandom_" from it.

There was an error message, but it seems to have worked anyway.

Back