• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

We may need a standard portable infobox for our profile pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what Zark means. In this case, I would say that we just get rid of our old system of using a specific quote per image, and possibly use Sera's suggestion of having a quotes section further down the page.

It's not like the quotes are massively important for indexing purposes anyway, and having the images in a standard location in the infobox would be better.

@Agnaa

Are you willing to start a continuation thread in the staff forum?

I love that Damage completely refuses to see any flaw in his own system and now is getting rid of quotes completely.

Quotes gallery is a pointless and add to that, ugly idea that doesn't even work, we've literally seen two examples of it that looks horrendous and unneeded.

My version clearly works for all and yet you'd rather push it aside for whatever reason.

Not getting rid of quotes completely; just not having multiple quotes displayed at the top of the page.

And I think the two examples you were referring to are image galleries that have quotes on them, not a quotes gallery which would just be the quotes by themselves.

Mhmm? Still doesn't explain a single fault with my idea, and quotes aren't important enough to warrant entire sections dedicated to them. This is VS Battles Wiki, not Personally Noting Wiki, we won't get a quotes gallery no matter what because it's entirely pointless.

I agree that the quotes are often very useful for defining the personalities of the characters in different incarnations, and definitely don't want us to get rid of them. It is best if we wait to see if NoGround can come up with a workable solution for this.

Also, we still need a continuation thread for this discussion.

Yeah I'm setting up a meeting with other Staff and have to gather notes to summarize this thread and bring up everyone's points for a discussion to clarify what will and will not work to boost SEO, as well as how this Wiki, which is very dependent on some outdated features, will be effected by the UCP, which will be a fresh start that upgrades MediaWiki to 1.33. Whether or not this discussion continues in this thread, or another, I will be setting up a blog post and continuing there. Since Fandom full-time are off on the weekend, this meeting will not happen until at least Tuesday.

Then this thread should be closed and the new thread be made on the Tuesday, since I don't frankly think anything else is there to discuss until then

Maybe NoGround can link to the new thread here after he creates it in the staff forum?

Also, I have been made aware that some of our members, including staff, have started to apply the new infobox.

Please quickly reverse all such edits, as we have not even reached a proper conclusion regarding what we should do yet.

Well, as I mentioned in the other highlighted thread, we preferably need to start applying this revision a few months after the move to a new forum, as our available timespan is too limited currently, and the Fandom wikis' operating system will be upgraded in conjunction, so we do not know enough about compatibility issues yet.

Thank you for helping out. We appreciate it.

Sorry for the absence! Any updates and can someone inform me on the current situation, please?

We will postpone this revision for several months until after we have acclimatised to the new forum, and everything relating to it has been finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back