• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolboy6

He/Him
But we’re gonna talk about them anyway here.

Isabela and Pepa should 9-B physically scaling to Bruno.

“But Coolboy6, that’s not how powerscaling works. They never fought each other”

May I remind you that Bruno is unathletic physically and that there are notable feats that the rest of the Madrigals and the rest of the humans have. And unathletic humans should be comparable in general

Camilo survives getting struck by a small natural lighting bolt

“wouldn’t that make him 8-C?”
No, it is extremely small compared to a regular natural lightning bolt from a cloud.

Mirabel kicks a wooden plank off the walls (0:21)

“Couldn’t that have been kicked off easily by any average person?”
There’s know way of knowing how weak that plank has been so I don’t think so.

(Dunno about this one tbh) Mirabel causes a small chunk of a cliff to fall off by stomping on it (0:25)

“wasn’t that chunk kinda falling off already?”
It doesn’t really look that way but that feat seemed a way too effortlessly tbh so idk tbh.

Mirabel survives getting sandblasted out of Bruno’s vault (1:41)

Mariano survives a plant attack that breaks through Casita’s foundation (0:54)

“wasn’t Mariano injured from that?”
Yes, but it was only a broken nose. An attack like that would be extremely fatal to an average human, and this dude survives that attack twice (0:49) which is rather impressive if you ask me. “Isn’t that a broadway force feat?” A lot of environmental destruction that goes on in that song actually happened seeing as later in the movie, Mariano has two bandages on his nose.

Some characters in this scene have survived small falls including Mirabel at (1:18) where she survives a 2 story fall from the roof of Casita (not too impressive considering what she survived and feats she’s done along with many others but still usable

This is all I could find for AP/Dura.

As for speed, the characters In this scene ahave dodged falling debris from Casita falling apart with a notable one being Felix saving Antonio at (0:38) which could give some peak human reactions or some

That’s all I can find and I missed anything, let me know.

I agree with this, just want to talk about some things.
As for speed, the characters In this scene ahave dodged falling debris from Casita falling apart with a notable one being Felix saving Antonio at (0:38) which could give some peak human reactions or some

I actually calced Camilo's feat here and just never posted it or anything because it wasn't to meaningful, but it was still average human. I don't know about the other stuff in that clip.

I calced Felix's feats because you mentioned it. I don't know how to calc reactions and that would have to be someone else, but in terms of the movement feats.

The bookshelf falls at 8.665 m/s - Athletic Human, Felix moving Antonio is 5.417 m/s - Average Human, and the ladder falls at 17.618 m/s - Superhuman (I used this so I could see the actual decimals of a second).

Also, just for reference, a woman falling off two stories should be 5.158 kilojoules/Street level, so nice supporting feat.

Absolutely 100% disagree with the 9-B scaling.

May I remind you that Bruno is unathletic physically and that there are notable feats that the rest of the Madrigals and the rest of the humans have. And unathletic humans should be comparable in general

That's not how powerscaling works. Provide me with evidence and don't just demand I go along with your head canon.

Let's go through what's been presented so far.

“wouldn’t that make him 8-C?”
No, it is extremely small compared to a regular natural lightning bolt from a cloud.

So, not a 9-B feat and unconnected to Bruno.

Mirabel kicks a wooden plank off the walls (0:21)
“Couldn’t that have been kicked off easily by any average person?”

How is this a 9-B feat? Either way, it is unconnected to Bruno.

(Dunno about this one tbh) Mirabel causes a small chunk of a cliff to fall off by stomping on it (0:25)
“wasn’t that chunk kinda falling off already?”
It doesn’t really look that way but that feat seemed a way too effortlessly tbh so idk tbh.

The implication there to me was that the ground was already fragile; not that Mirabel stomped the ground with wall-shattering power.

What AP is that?

No, it didn't. The ground was already cracking thanks to the House cracking, and the flower just emerged through the crack.

I see no good reason to just throw a reasonable demand for evidence out of the window, shrug my shoulders and say "Sure, everyone is 9-B now."

No, it didn't. The ground was already cracking thanks to the House cracking, and the flower just emerged through the crack.
There was dust coming through implying that it broke through the floor and there was a sound implying that as well. And I hate the fact that you’re acting like Bruno oneshots everyone he meets in this verse. Because he doesn’t and it doesn’t make sense.

There was dust coming through implying that it broke through the floor and there was a sound implying that as well. And I hate the fact that you’re acting like Bruno oneshots everyone he meets in this verse. Because he doesn’t and it doesn’t make sense.
Going to get a bit meta here but Encanto isn't a verse built on fighting, combat, powerscaling, etc. It doesn't matter if Bruno has a one-time feat of breaking through a wall, leading the logical conclusion that he's stronger than a normal human somehow, because that's not going to be relevant to the plot of the movie.

Therefore nothing is broken by someone like Isabella being 10-B while Bruno is 9-B.

Also, he wouldn't one-shot everyone because Luisa exists.

Going to get a bit meta here but Encanto isn't a verse built on fighting, combat, powerscaling, etc. It doesn't matter if Bruno has a one-time feat of breaking through a wall, leading the logical conclusion that he's stronger than a normal human somehow, because that's not going to be relevant to the plot of the movie.

Therefore nothing is broken by someone like Isabella being 10-B while Bruno is 9-B.

Also, he wouldn't one-shot everyone because Luisa exists.
Even if we don’t use Bruno as an example, there’s still some decent Street to Wall levels of feats that could be used. So I say it’s consistent throughout anyone in the verse and I don’t see why you think otherwise.

These aren’t arbitrary. If you actually looked, there are either 9-C or 9-B. Look closer this time.
Then scale the characters to their feats which are apparently 9-C or 9-B instead of scaling them to Bruno.

Except we can know because the whole area inside the walls is rickety and falling apart, there's even a pit inside it.

Not that this would matter, considering clearing a step from a rickety, rundown staircase could be as simple as dislodging an old nail from it, this wouldn't take 9-B, let alone 9-C to do.

It also just wouldn't work like that but I digress.

This isn't a feat, you'd sooner get something worthwhile by saying someone survived not drowning.

Damage covered the rest, but this is another example of powerscaling rotting the brain.

Unquantifiable. It's both electricity, so survivable by normal humans just as full blown bolts are, and it's too small to tell how much energy it held anyways.

It's old wood and Casita is falling apart. I would maybe argue 10-A because most people would get some bruising from running into stuff like that. That's pretty tentative, though.

It's presented as the environment being dangerous, not her having super strength.

Again, maybe 10-A for not being hurt much at all, but it's hardly peak human performance.
It's mostly just cartoons not showing bruising.

Casita was cracked already.

Some characters in this scene have survived small falls including Mirabel at (1:18) where she survives a 2 story fall from the roof of Casita
Again, 10-A dura.

So, disagree.

Unquantifiable. It's both electricity, so survivable by normal humans just as full blown bolts are, and it's too small to tell how much energy it held anyways.
Ok, do a calc for that. It’s literally a small cloud to ground bolt
It's old wood and Casita is falling apart. I would maybe argue 10-A because most people would get some bruising from running into stuff like that. That's pretty tentative, though.
Again, no way of knowing that. Casita wasn’t falling apart as badly as before.
It's presented as the environment being dangerous, not her having super strength.

Again, maybe 10-A for not being hurt much at all, but it's hardly peak human performance.
It's mostly just cartoons not showing bruising.
It moved a vault door quicker than normal. I hope you actually looked
Casita was cracked already.
Did you not see it breaking through the ground mate. If you actually looked, that shit happened TWICE.
Again, 10-A dura.
If you looked in this thread, someone here did a calc and got 9-C results. Not on a blog post tho
So, disagree.
So, disagree with your disagreement.

Um, I don't need to provide you proof for stuff, you need to prove stuff in the upgrade.

Yes. It is. That doesn't help me, since getting the volume of the bolt is Night impossible.

And again, lightning isn't applicable to tier for tanking it. People have survived full blown bolts, and they weren't 8-C.
Again, no way of knowing that. Casita wasn’t falling apart as badly as before.
Look at the surroundings. It's decadent all over.

Also, the chase starts with us getting a shot of the house cracking. Thematically, the idea is that the part of the house where Bruno lives is falling apart while in the outside they are putting up a front, the house being a metaphor for family and all that.
It moved a vault door quicker than normal. I hope you actually looked
...Yeah? So what? Water would move a vault door quicker then normal. Anything pushing against it would.

Unless you're claiming that the sand was pushing so hard that a normal person would be crushed, that's not a feat.

Did you not see it breaking through the ground mate. If you actually looked, that shit happened TWICE.
No?
The crack was there already before she even reacted to it. (The cracks spread a bit more before she reacts, but it's hard to time it on phone).
jgXcH66.jpeg

Then, out of an already present crack, a plant grows due to her shock.
ybVhpIN.jpeg

If you looked in this thread, someone here did a calc and got 9-C results. Not on a blog post tho
None of them straight fall. Mirabel gets a slide down, and the others have their falls slowed by Casita.

That the house felt the need to break their falls is also telling about them being able to just take such falls.

Um, I don't need to provide you proof for stuff, you need to prove stuff in the upgrade.
I never a said that anywhere…
Yes. It is. That doesn't help me, since getting the volume of the bolt is Night impossible.

And again, lightning isn't applicable to tier for tanking it. People have survived full blown bolts, and they weren't 8-C.
You could divide the size and energy of the bolt somehow to the pixelscaled size of that smaller bolt.
Look at the surroundings. It's decadent all over.

Also, the chase starts with us getting a shot of the house cracking. Thematically, the idea is that the part of the house where Bruno lives is falling apart while in the outside they are putting up a front, the house being a metaphor for family and all that.
The house was still somewhat intact though
...Yeah? So what? Water would move a vault door quicker then normal. Anything pushing against it would.

Unless you're claiming that the sand was pushing so hard that a normal person would be crushed, that's not a feat.
Don’t you realize how heavy those things are?
No?
The crack was there already before she even reacted to it. (The cracks spread a bit more before she reacts, but it's hard to time it on phone).
jgXcH66.jpeg

Then, out of an already present crack, a plant grows due to her shock.
ybVhpIN.jpeg
You can see smoke coming out of there and a sound proving that it broke through the floor. And in the second scene during the song if you actually bothered looking, something similar happens outside which proves that the plant DID break through the ground.

I still don’t get why Bruno should be massively stronger than the rest of the Madrigals besides Luisa. They shouldn’t be THAT far behind and I know you all have told me otherwise, but I just don’t see it.

I never a said that anywhere…
I mean, you kinda did right here just telling him to calc stuff for you.
Overall Coolboy, I agree with some of the stuff on here and other things I don't, but bottom-line, 2 staff members and a retired one presented pretty valid evidence as to why you're wrong. Once again, I'm not trying to instigate, but I'm just saying that it might be a good idea to stop.

Recapping:

Unless there's a direct feat to scale others to Bruno, Bruno is assumed to be far higher. As much as I want to believe everyone else should be 9-B, the server has rules that have been reiterated multiple times. (At best, Camilo might scale from being able to turn into Bruno, but even that is somewhat of a stretch, and he's only turned into Bruno in-song.)

The lightning is unquantifiable, and if not, it still wouldn't really make too much of a difference. (At best, Camilo might get a resistance to electricity, but even that doesn't look like he took it too well anyways, so probably not.)

Kicking a plank off of a wall shouldn't be powerful enough to make a difference, and even then, if I understand Encanto lore correctly, the house has been there since a 20-30's Abuela so, it's definitely been there for a while. Granted it's preserved by magic, but I don't think that would really give Mirabel or any people in the house anything significant.

As you said yourself, the ground feat seemed very effortless and more like fragile ground.

With the sand feat, probably the most you could give her is that initial fall, and believe me, I've seen people irl recover from far worse without a scratch.

Even if the plant feat gets accepted, I don't think the KE of a plant is enough to put these people higher than they are right now. Not to mention, assuming it did, you'd need something saying that they scale to Mariano, which would be far more difficult and "out there" than trying to scale to Bruno.

I mentioned the speed feats here, don't know how they would scale to reactions since idk how to calc that, but here you go.
I actually calced Camilo's feat here and just never posted it or anything because it wasn't to meaningful, but it was still average human. I don't know about the other stuff in that clip.

I calced Felix's feats because you mentioned it. I don't know how to calc reactions and that would have to be someone else, but in terms of the movement feats.

The bookshelf falls at 8.665 m/s - Athletic Human, Felix moving Antonio is 5.417 m/s - Average Human, and the ladder falls at 17.618 m/s - Superhuman (I used this so I could see the actual decimals of a second).

Do you want the thread closed?
I guess the only thing that was accepted is the whole thing with speed

Also, just for reference, a woman falling off two stories should be 5.158 kilojoules/Street level, so nice supporting feat.
That would be nice to get input on this.

@Damage3245 @Abstractions

Ricsi seems to make sense to me. Thank you for helping out.

So what should we do here exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back