• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Waifu's that are overrated and why?

PKalxy0.png
Your anger pleases me.

On the topic of mommies—Lucoa.

I really like Lucoa. I just wish she would wear better clothes; the whole tank-top and jean shorts combo just isn't working for me, personally.

This is actually hard, most "waifu"s I don't like much have people liking and disliking them at reasonable measures.

Some that I do find that have more people liking them than I think they really ought to are:
  • Asuka Langley Soryu (Evangelion): On a purely rational sense, I get why someone'd be interested in her. On a personal and emotional sense, I see her as an abusive, immature person who has serious issues to work on until she's ready for a relationship, and that's both for her and the partner's own good. She's deserves pity and maybe she can get better with help, but way too many people like her as she is with Shinji, which I positively hate.
  • Harley Quinn (DC): I'll note that this is specifically the Suicide Squad film incarnation. In any case, I've seen too many people fall in love with that incarnation of hers and... I'll say that I'm not impressed. There ain't much to the character and what there is, is very trope-filled and almost nonsensical. It sadly made me a bit less sympathetic for the character overall, which is something I disapprove in myself.
  • Mirko (Boku no Hero) didn't impress me either. She's physically attractive. That's it. If that's the focus, fine, but if not, there's not much I can approve of her. She's courageous, heroic and all of that, but really bad at interacting with people.
  • I also don't get people who really get hypnotized by characters whose personality is based around being a maniac murderer, just because they are "quirky" and claiming to be "psychotic", unable to be further from that word than they actually are.
  • Way too many characters of specific books and pieces of media that aren't VS-worthy, but I'll note them here as they are very much relevant on a fictional basis for a certain concept of character. I'll summarize those characters as the people of John Green's books who were the main character's crushes. In this case, this is a very much analysed trope: John Green's whole point on those characters is to show the problems of judging people, of how they are problematic (Not in a bad sense, but as in, they are people much like everyone, prone to failing and to problems just as we do), and often have severe issues that can only be solved by treating them like actual people. That is a point that goes over the head of most people I've seen that were fans of the books. Their whole point was for them not be waifus or anything of the like, which people still approved.

This is actually hard, most "waifu"s I don't like much have people liking and disliking them at reasonable measures.

Some that I do find that have more people liking them than I think they really ought to are:
  • Asuka Langley Soryu (Evangelion): On a purely rational sense, I get why someone'd be interested in her. On a personal and emotional sense, I see her as an abusive, immature person who has serious issues to work on until she's ready for a relationship, and that's both for her and the partner's own good. She's deserves pity and maybe she can get better with help, but way too many people like her as she is with Shinji, which I positively hate.
  • Harley Quinn (DC): I'll note that this is specifically the Suicide Squad film incarnation. In any case, I've seen too many people fall in love with that incarnation of hers and... I'll say that I'm not impressed. There ain't much to the character and what there is, is very trope-filled and almost nonsensical. It sadly made me a bit less sympathetic for the character overall, which is something I disapprove in myself.
  • Mirko (Boku no Hero) didn't impress me either. She's physically attractive. That's it. If that's the focus, fine, but if not, there's not much I can approve of her. She's courageous, heroic and all of that, but really bad at interacting with people.
  • I also don't get people who really get hypnotized by characters whose personality is based around being a maniac murderer, just because they are "quirky" and claiming to be "psychotic", unable to be further from that word than they actually are.
  • Way too many characters of specific books and pieces of media that aren't VS-worthy, but I'll note them here as they are very much relevant on a fictional basis for a certain concept of character. I'll summarize those characters as the people of John Green's books who were the main character's crushes. In this case, this is a very much analysed trope: John Green's whole point on those characters is to show the problems of judging people, of how they are problematic (Not in a bad sense, but as in, they are people much like everyone, prone to failing and to problems just as we do), and often have severe issues that can only be solved by treating them like actual people. That is a point that goes over the head of most people I've seen that were fans of the books. Their whole point was for them not be waifus or anything of the like, which people still approved.
Everytime I see you you always write so much lol.

Another quality essay from you. You never cease to amaze me.

Probably agreeing with you... 🤔

The sweater outfit, the pink dress outfit, and the bunnygirl outfit from the opening are all much better alternatives in my opinion—especially the pink dress one.
It's not like she's showing much besides dem legs. Although I do agree she could probably do well with coverin' up the boing boing's, she does kinda live with a child.

sakura's pretty cool, I just don't like that she hits naruto all the time, or that she isn't really strong even though they always make her out to be strong. But other than that she's pretty cool in part 2, I like how she became a better person not like what she was in part 1.

sakura's pretty cool, I just don't like that she hits naruto all the time, or that she isn't really strong even though they always make her out to be strong. But other than that she's pretty cool in part 2, I like how she became a better person not like what she was in part 1.
Ultra based.

Crazy how it's better than the P3 and P4 casts tho 👀
My main problem is like... they start off with some generally good concepts like Ann and Haru but then they immediately drop their character development for the sake of the story and just forget about ever expanding upon their characters throughout the course of the story aside from some little bits and pieces in their confidants. I just did not care for it.

My main problem is like... they start off with some generally good concepts like Ann and Haru but then they immediately drop their character development for the sake of the story and just forget about ever expanding upon their characters throughout the course of the story aside from some little bits and pieces in their confidants. I just did not care for it.
That's ironically a good point shit T_T

Nah I felt like their characters were more impactful overall, and the cast as a whole just stuck out to me far more than P3 and P4's casts did. They're great both individually and as a group.

Wow... these are the most comments I ever had on a thread. Over 300 comments!

Thank you everyone for commenting on my threads and sharing your opinions!

Back