• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

W.I.T.C.H. Tier 2 Cosmology (2-B/2-A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
W.I.T.C.H. Cosmology Size

Below, I'll be posting evidence that supports my claim that the W.I.T.C.H. verse is At least baseline 2-B (Multiverse level) to baseline 2-A (Multiverse level+) in size. The evidence is gathered from the Graphic Novels that are re-prints of the comics with official english translation.

Important Note: The W.I.T.C.H. verse is known to use the words "world", "dimension", and "realm" when referring to another universe. It also uses "The World" and "The Universe" when referring to all of creation. Since it's possible for them to use the same words in the same sentence, I'll be going into detail regarding which they are using for each meaning if it's not obvious.

Kandrakar, Metamoor and other Universes

In Part 1. The Twelve Portals Volume 1, Chapter 1 Hollyween Page 5 we get a statement regarding Kandrakar itself.

Distant and deep.

This is Kandrakar and elsewhere without time or space.

A vast nothingness. From it's center rises the temple of the congregation.

Note: To start off, the whole "without space and time" is a metamorph because Kandrakar does have time and space but it doesn't have a time as in no one keeps track of days passing and there is nothing but clouds and two buildings the infinite realm so that's why it's a metamorph.

In Part 1. The Twelve Portals Volume 1, Chapter 1 Hollyween Page 50 and 51 we get the history of Kandrakar and Metamoor from Yan Lin who was a former Guardian and thus a credible source of information about such things.

Let me tell you a story, girls! A story as old as time...

...a distant time when everything was young and spirits and creatures lived under the same sky!

There was a single universe, an immense kingdom ruled by nature... a kingdom that lasted eons...

...until spirits and creatures learned evil and all was divided into those wanted peace and those who thrived on others' pain.

To separate the two sides, the Veil was created. Evil and injustice were banished to the dark realm called Metamoor.

Before separating for eternity, the universe gave life to the Fortress of Kandrakar in the very heart of infinity.

There, the mightiest spirits and creatures stand guard...

There, the protectors of the veil reside, and there, if you wish, you may also journey...

Next Page.

It is no coincidence that you are all here. You are the new Guardians of the Veil ~ the most important warriors in a battle that began thousands of years ago!

The Veil?

The world is actually made up of many different worlds, and the veil is the very fabric that divides them...

...a mesh whose fibers have became dangerously fragile!

With the knowledge from Yan Lin, we know that their was only a single universe and after a war, it was divided in two, one being Kandrakar and the other being Metamoor. Before the split, the universe created the Fortress of Kandrakar in the center of infinity which let's use know the universe is infinite and by logic, splitting it in two would make both Kandrakar and Metamoor infinite in size.

Yan Lin also states "the world" is made up of many different "worlds". The word "world" in this case leans towards universe in meaning because we just learned that the Veil separated two universe and it wouldn't make any sense to separate just planets. However, I have more evidence that suggests those "worlds" she is referring to are universes but regardless, just from the information above, W.I.T.C.H. is at least baseline 2-C (Multi-Universe level) in size.

In Part 1 The Twelve Portals Volume 3, Chapter 9 The Four Dragons Page 50, we are told again why the veil was created.

...it was created to defend the rest of the universe from the threat of Metamoor!

The ancient wise men of Kandrakar erected the barrier as we waited for the light of Meridian to rise and illuminate that dark universe!

This again tells use that Metamoor is a universe and before anyone comments about there only be two planets, it's because the verse likes to use planets as representations of universes. I know of other verses that have done this but I'm not going to name them as this is strictly a W.I.T.C.H. topic and it's pretty evident that they mean Metamoor is a universe and not a planet especially when Phobos states he's already taken over other worlds but has yet to pass the barrier that separates Meridian from the rest of the universe. It should be evident when the characters state "the rest of the universe" in these moments, they mean the other universes, otherwise how could Phobos have taken over other planets but not get passed the barrier yet.

In Part 1 The Twelve Portals Volume 3, Chapter 11 The Crown of Light Page 129, it states that Kandrakar was created to watch over other worlds and dimensions.

Kandrakar

Long Ago, this place was created to watch over other worlds and dimensions...

It's unknown if the word "worlds" means universe in this sentence because the word dimensions is also used and both have been used to describe universes in W.I.T.C.H. but regardless this supporting evidence that others realms exist.

In Part 1 The Twelve Portals Volume 3, Chapter 12 So Be It Forever Page 246 to 247, we see the Oracle drop the Veil that separates Metamoor from the rest of the world.

What's he doing?

He's about to bring down the veil that separates Meridian from the rest of the known worlds.

Next Page

That which was born to be united, return to being a part of the whole! By my command, may the Veil cease to exist!

A universe away, on Metamoor, no one notices...

No barries! No limits! This is a free world over which Kandrakar rules.

As we can see, when the Oracle drops the Veil, it uses planets as a representation of the other universes. It even states on the second page "a universe away, on Metamoor, no one notices..." if it was just a single planet, everyone would have noticed all the other planets randomly appearing but they didn't. Even on Phobos' info sheet, it states he wants to absorb Elyon's power and destroy the Veil and "return" to conquering other worlds and dimensions. As you can see, it says return to which means he's already started, which is supported by his claim of already conquering other worlds but he's yet break through the Veil. This is because Metamoor is an actual universe and not just a single planet blocked off from the rest, the planets shown in the image of the Oracle bringing down the veil are just the representation of other dimensions. Finally Meridian is a planet that's covered by an entire city. and isn't a yellow planet shown in the Oracle dropping the Veil image so it's clear it's just a representation of the universe.

In Part 2 Nerissa's Revenge Volume 3, Chapter 22 The Broken Heart Page 124, we learn from the Oracle that Kandrakar is the gateway to 1000 universes.

Kandrakar is the doorway to a thousand universes.

This let's use known the verse is baseline 2-B/Multiverse level at minimum.

In Part 2 Nerissa's Revenge Volume 3, Chapter 23 Good-Bye! Page 147 to 148, the Guardians travel from Kandrakar to Meridian/Metamoor and are stated to pass Universes, Realities, Places, and Dimensions

The Guardians and their friends slowly vanish in a flash of blinding light...

...A ray that leaves the fortress at the center of infinity to one of the thousands of worlds protected by Kandrakar.

Next Page

The light travels distant universes and realities, bypassing unimaginable places and dimensions...

This is undeniable proof that there is more than just a single universe. We know Meridian is in it's own universe known as Metamoor and yet it states they passed by distant universes before reaching it.

In Part 4 Trial of the Oracle Volume 3, Chapter 67 The Strength of Courage Page 81, Phobos states his homeland (Meridian) is but a tiny dot in the infinite worlds.

After all, my homeland is but a small dot in the infinite worlds under Kandrakar's control.

This supports infinite universes because Phobos was referring to his homeland Meridian which is a planet and that it's a dot "in" the infinite worlds. He didn't say it was one of the infinite worlds which would have suggested a planet. He states it's a dot in the infinite worlds which means the planet Meridian is in one of infinite universes.

In Part 6 Ragorlang Volume 2, Chapter 69 Beyond Boarders Page 68 and 69, we learn that the universe is infinite and likely filled with infinite universes.

Do not forget you are the Guardians of the balance of the whole universe...

...and that you cannot just tend to your own garden

So here is a map of the worlds awaiting you.

It's moving!

Of course! It expands in every direction responding to your gaze. It is infinite... like the universe.

I bet after this infinite quest will need a rest!

And here is the list of the places you need to visit. The portal will guide you on your journey.

Next Page

Um... guys. I guess we can take our pick.

How 'bout we start from the bottom?

The Zanda universe! Let's tick the box...

So here we are told the universe is infinite and that the Guardians half to visit all the universes on that list. The planets we see are just representing of the universes as Hay Lin stated they were going to the Zanda universe first. So when the Oracle ment the universe was infinite, he ment all of creation and the universes within.

Separate Space - Time Continuum

As I've already proven above, the universe was split into different universes by the veil. These universes have separate space and have evidence of having separate time as well.

In Part 1 The Twelve Portals Volume 1, Chapter 2 The Twelve Portals Page 84 Yan Lin explains that that there are twelve portals/breaches in the veil that the creatures of Metamoor use to get to their world.

It's a map of the Twelve Portals, little one! That's how many breaches there are in the veil...

What's written on it?

...Twelve passages that the creatures of Metamoor will attempt to use to enter our world.

This proves that Metamoor is in a different universe than Earth since they need portals to get into their world.

In Part 1 The Twelve Portals Volume 1 Chapter 4 The Power of Fire Page 236 to 237, we learn Meridian/Metamoor has a different time flow than our world.

You must make a choice. Even time has it's own rules here!

Next Page

What do you mean?

In the cage that is Meridian, time passes much more slowly!

How long is one Earth day in prison time?

One, perhaps even two weeks!

This proves they have their own time flow.

In Part 1 The Twelve Portals Volume 2, Chapter 5 The Last Tear Page 48, we learn that one of the court painter of Meridian (A planet in Metamoor) used one of the twelve portals to reach Earth and even traveled through time.

I decided to leave the city, crossing one of the portals and going far into another dimension... ...in another time!

Using a spell, I arrived in the past, in a period where artists like me were appreciated!

You traveled in time?

I reached Europe in the seventeenth century where I found true happiness

So we have more confirmation that Meridian (A planet in Metamoor) and Earth (A planet in the normal universe) are in completely separate dimensions.

In Part 3 A Crisis on Both Worlds Volume 1, Chapter 27 The Departure Page 148, it states Kandrakar is is far away from space and time.

In a place far away from space and time, stands the congregation's fortress...

The congregation fortress is inside Kandrakar which supports it being in a separate space and time than the other universes.

In Part 3 A Crisis on Both Worlds, Chapter 27 The Departure Page 166 to 167 Ari asks the Banshee to gather information on the Gaurdians who are currently on Earth.

Tell me what the five guardians of Kandrakar are doing.

Ah, you need me to travel beyond time and space.

There is no time to lose. I'm sure the Oracle will send them back to my kingdom.

And you want to be prepared. Are you afraid of them?

Should I be, with your power at my disposal?

You decide. See what I can do by simply eating a flower...

Now look into the abyss of my eyes, but mind you don't get lost, my lord.

Next Page

...because these eyes will take you far away far... far away...

As you can see, the Banshee used her powers to see what the Gaurdians were doing back on Earth and directly stated that Ari needed her to go beyond time and space which is more evidence that supports the universes all being in separate space and time.

Infinite Size Universes

In Part 2 Nerrisa's Revenge Volume 1, Chapter 16 The Mark of Nerissa Page 211 to 212, we learn that each member of the Fortress of Kandrakar has an room known as the Memory Vault which is infinite in size.

Don't be afraid. Welcome to my memory vault!

Next Page

Each member of the congregation has one. An endless life... made of infinite memories!

While there are a finite number of members in the congregation, they each have a memory vault which is suppose to house all their memories throughout their endless life span which means their memory vaults would need to be infinite in size.

In Part 3 A Crisis on Both Worlds Volume 1, Chapter 27 The Departure Page 166, the Guardians go to a different universe to a small planet that the Oracle states is one of infinite realities he can see.

It is a small planet... one of the infinite realities I can see.

This time, the Oracle is actually referring to planets and "infinite realities" in this context means infinite planets. It is true that only one of the thousand universes needs to be infinite, not all of them, for this statement to work. However it would seem odd if only one of the 1000 universes are infinite. Regardless, I have more evidence.

In Part 4 Trial of the Oracle Volume 3, Chapter 46 The Strength of Courage Page 121 to 122, Phobos jumps off the fortress of congregation and states he'll fall through nothingness for all eternity. Irma than confirmed this on the next page.

I'll fall through nothingness for all eternity...

Next Page

Tell me he didn't really do that.

What? Jump into the infinite void, thus condemning himself to float in nothingness for centuries?

This confirmed that Kandrakar is infinite in size like other universes as well.

In Part 5 The Book of the Elements Volume 1, Chapter 49 Between Dream and Reality Page 9, we learn from Eric that the universe which Earth resides in is infinite.

Endless...

Like the universe!

Myriad galaxies made up of billions of stars, planets, nebulae, and black holes...

Did you know that black holes are like gaping voids in space and absorb gas from stars around them?

Um...no! I admit there's a...black hole in my brain!

And that there are huge galaxies that contain up to a thousand billion stars?

We just know a fraction of the infinite space around us... the exploration will go on forever.

This is even more evidence that the universes in W.I.T.C.H. are infinite.

In Part 6 Ragorlang Volume 2, Chapter 69 Beyond Boarders Page 68 and 69, we learn that the universe is infinite and likely filled with infinite universes.

Do not forget you are the Guardians of the balance of the whole universe...

...and that you cannot just tend to your own garden

So here is a map of the worlds awaiting you.

It's moving!

Of course! It expands in every direction responding to your gaze. It is infinite... like the universe.

I bet after this infinite quest will need a rest!

And here is the list of the places you need to visit. The portal will guide you on your journey.

Next Page

Um... guys. I guess we can take our pick.

How 'bout we start from the bottom?

The Zanda universe! Let's tick the box...

I posted this again because it's proof of infinite size universes as well.

Infinite Timelines

In Part 5 The Book of Elements, Chapter 50 It's Magical Anyway Page 73, the Oracle states there are infinite variations depending on the choices they make.

We are here to consult it and ask it to show us the past and future.

Like in a movie?

More or less. You should know that time has infinite variations, depending on the choices we make...

...and we're gonna see all of 'em?

Oh, no! I do not think I have enough popcorn!

I hope seeing just on possible past will suffice to make you understand Wll...

...and that just one possible future will be enough to vanquish Corneila and Taranee's doubts!

Since every universe has it's own space and time, it would mean each universe has infinite variations which would support 2-A if I'm right. If not, this can be ignored.

Conclusion

With all the evidence I've provided above, W.i.t.c.h. at it's absolute minimum is a baseline 2-B/Multiverse in size (1001 universes) with each universe having it's own space-time and being Infinite in size as well as their being infinite variations for the timeline.

We even have evidence that suggests baseline 2-A/Multiverse level+ in size (infinite universes) with each universe having it's own space-time and being Infinite in size as well as their being infinite variations for the timeline.

Options

1. 2-A (The verse has statements of a having infinite universes that each have their own space and time, are infinite in size, and have infinite variations depending on the choices people make)

Agree: (11) DaReaperMan, Shizuka, Bernkastelll, The 2nd Existential Seed, Anonymousblank, Mister6ame6, Celestial Pegasus, Zencha9, Qawsedf234 (Doesn't think the universes are infinite in size but thinks the verse is still 2-A), KingTempest, TheRicardoSama

Or

2. At least 2-B (The verse has at least 1000 universes including Kandrakar which is infinite in size, each have their own space and time, are infinite in size, and have infinite variations depending on the choices people make), likely 2-A (The verse likely contains infinite universes)

I prefer Option 1 but that's not up to me, I'll make a list of whoever agrees with either option so we can keep track.

I hope this was informative and helps anyone trying to understand the universe of W.I.T.C.H., if anyone has any questions just ask away.

Last edited:
Only ever watched the show but this seems pretty blatant to me. Option 1 imo.
Speaking of, off topic but I really need to analyze the show and make profiles for them. I remember Lilian Hale goes from side character in the Comics o the Heart of Earth in the Show, and It surprised the crap out of me tbh, since I read the comic series first before knowing of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back