• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battles wiki 10 year anniversary celebration thread

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Exactly 10 years ago on this day, the VS Battles Wiki was created. Although the first page that was created was just the wiki's home page, the first verse page was JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and the first character page was Son Goku.

10 years later, we have come a long way with a total of almost 26,000 pages, and up to 1788 active editors, 580,000 visitors, and 8,246,000 page views per month.

The inherent nature of the wiki, that allows for discussions regarding a wide variety of topics, may be a significant contributing factor towards its exponential growth, both in terms of popularity, size, and overall quality, but more than anything, it is all the productive members of our community as a whole over the years that are responsible for its success. Without the wonderful people here that have kept the wiki running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, it would likely not have been the most popular of its kind in the entire world.

I want to thank and congratulate all the members who are active, or were active at some point, for making this journey full of many memories continue for 10 years. It has been hard at times, but we have persevered and managed to handle it. And I am positive that we will keep going, growing, and reach even greater heights.

The statistical popularity of the wiki has increased by at least 65 times since I first came here over 6 years and 7 months ago, and if we eventually manage to make it more mobile- and Google search-friendly, it should likely rise much further still.

In any case, HAPPY 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

Please help us to celebrate below.

VS Battles wiki celebration image 2.jpg

Last edited:
latest

I haven’t been here for even a year. But I have seen that this place is like a little world. It has its own celebrities, hero’s, villains, dramas, conflicts and memes. Here’s to many more years. Hopefully we will all live to see it. Thank you to everyone, especially to Ant. despite it being unnecessary, it’s always nice to see that my blogs exist. Take a break dude. You deserve it.

Congratulations on the 10-year anniversary everyone.

I sincerely love the wiki and the nature of it that allows people with so many diverse interests from all over the world to meet each other and talk about what they like, which also helps others to get into verses they wouldn't know anything about. I absolutely love the friendly people I have met here and I am thankful to have made so many great friends in my last 3 years, since I joined the wiki. It's nice to look back and see how far we've come. But we are not about to stop here and we'll keep shooting for greater heights.

Here's to another decade ovo

fyAE.gif

And to think I’ve only been here for a few months, If not less.
Cheers to Vsbattles wiki! May it prosper, and may we be there to witness.

Happy Birthday VSB, didn't know Jojo's was the oldest verse page. damn.

EDIT: "Best there ever was, best there ever will be."

Theres still a lot of people who hold that Goku sentiment to this very day. Time flies.

You know as someone who has a controversial past and all, after being let back in and settled things out with and forgiving people I use to consider bad or annoying (and of course being let in Vs Central), I've gotten more along with the community here more then ever and I am happy for this wiki's existence. Albeit this wiki clearly isn't perfect and there are still annoying things with it here and there, but regardless I am enjoying my time here.

Happy 10th anniversary Vs Battles Wiki. Please survive the last few months of this shitty year 2020.

Last edited:
I cannot change the forum logo on my own, but the wiki logo has been updated.

I remember randomly stumbling into the site in 2016/17 and going "Oh neat", then I started lurking various threads until I joined in late 2019.

So congratulations to the Staff (Past, Present, and Former) for all their hard work in the old site and for all their work on this new site. And good luck with any future endeavors.

Seeing how much it evolved is so cool tbh.
I remember how people were like "Dude, you use VSBW? It's just all wrong" when I started debatting; but now I feel like contributing to it and making it grows is what really make VS debatting what it is. Comparison are a thing, but discovering and analyzing verses sounds like the best part of it imo.

Happy birthday VS battles wiki.

I have never congratulated a website for its birthday before so this is a little bit weird but happy birthday VS Battles.

Happy birthday, even tho I've been here for only a year it already changed me a **** ton (I hope for the better)

Happy 10th anniversary, Vs Battles Wiki! Let's hope for many more years to come.

Back