• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Volvagia Feat Debunking

Volvagia's feat for making Death Mountain erupt is wrong. Allow me to explain.

What even is this scaling bruh

This image was used as justification for the size of Death Mountain's top, and therefore its pyrocastic flow, and therefore the power exerted by Volvagia dying.

Notice anything wrong here? That's right: the perspective is completely incorrect. The feat scales Hyrule Castle's length to the length of Death Mountain's crater, when they're too far apart for this to work. The calc doesn't account for this distance, and therefore is incorrect.

Now, I can only poke holes in it. I can't fix it. I assume that one would be able to get the size of Death Mountain's crater in another game, such as Breath of the Wild, and then calculate it from that, since mountains really don't change that much over short geological timespans.

Thoughts?

I contacted Cal a while ago, who fits into both of those categories. As evidenced in the OP, he's definitely seen this post. He just... hasn't responded.

Okay. Have you asked any others yet? Putting all eggs in one basket is usually unwise.

Back