• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Voldemort versus Kiritsugu Emiya

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
As the title says. Voldemort and Kiritsugu.

Speed equalized, standard battle assumptions, etcetera. No prep, only the knowledge that the other is a wizard / magus / whatever term you want to use. Victory by death or incapacitation.

Kiritsugu has Avalon.

Voldemort:

Kiritsugu:

Inconclusive:

Voldy kills Kiri before anything really happens. He is throwing High 8-C stuff while Kiri is only 9-B unless he gets prep which he doesn't have. I'm not sure if Avalon even helps beyond allowing Time Alter spam since AK doesn't cause physical damage to be healed and the physical damage from other spells will paste Kiri too much to even heal.

I think you're overestimating the scale of Voldemort's spells. It's not like Kiritsugu can't dodge.

Doesn't Voldy have AOE? And he spams AK anyway. If Avalon could rez Kiri from that then I'd lean to Kiri but I dunno the mechanics for AK.

He does but it's not exactly his first move (that'd be Avada Kedavra). Avada Kedavra would 100% kill Kerry but it can be dodged. Not that it matters, the starting range means Voldemort can't hit him ASAP.

Voldemort has homing attacks in the form of Fiendfyre spells, which are not only vastly above Kiri's physical paygrade, but are also capable of getting past magical defenses that block other spells. (Which horcruxes have.)

There's also not a whole lot preventing Tom from turning Kiri's guns into snakes or goblets or something, or TKing him to the ground and using the Cruciatus curse on him until he's basically crying. (which he did to Harry)

Kiri's main advantage is his Origin Bullets, which kill Tom about the same his regular bullets would, but also pierce any Shield Charms he can throw up. However, Tom can also conjure silver to block projectiles, and is as likely as not to do that even if he doesn't figure out the nature of the Origin Bullets.

Which he has a chance of being able to do, since (much like Snape) he abuses Legilimency and Kiri doesn't have any telepathic protection.

Magus do have magic resist by virtue of having od but it is nowhere near enough for this fight.

On the Origin Bullets, so long as magic touches them they take effect but Kiri only carries a few around with him and will likely only cripple Voldemort since he doesn't need to commit much to beat someone far weaker than him.

Personally, I'm doubtful that Voldemort - or any wizard from HP - would prioritize dealing with a gun, since they treat them as jokes and harmless toys. Voldemort especially is so unbelievably arrogant.

Kiri should have telepathic protection. A shitty magus like Shirou is noted to be very vulnerable to telepathic attacks from other Servants (such as Caster, as seen in Fate) - Shirou is the exception in this vulnerability, because of his lackluster levels of magical energy giving him awful resistance. Kiritsugu should be fine with this level of mental attack, but it's not gonna be enough to protect him from more destructive spells.

An Origin Bullet will ruin Tom. He'll be paralyzed at the least and probably won't be able to use magic, either.

I'm pretty sure said bullets have to be fired first before their nullification aspects take effect. I don't remember them being able to passively null magic even when they haven't been shot at anyone. (although it doesn't help that nobody ever had the bright idea to use magic on Kiri's guns at any point IIRC, let alone his Contender)

Although, considering the fact that I haven't seen F/Z in a good while, I may be forgetting something.

Oh, yes, they have to be fired. They have no passive effects. I'm talking about Kiritsugu's natural levels of magic resistance, derived from his own supply of magical energy, which all magi have.

An Origin Bullet needs to land to be effective, yes, but a lot of ways to deflect or defend from it won't help.

An Origin Bullet will ruin Tom. He'll be paralyzed at the least and probably won't be able to use magic, either.

Kiri's normal bullets will ruin Tom. They're shown to hurt and kill people much further into 9-B (which HP really shouldn't even be, physically) than Voldemort is by some leaps and bounds.

Wizards don't treat guns as a joke in-verse, either. Ron's father in particular considers them dangerous, and the only person (that I can remember) who ever directly looked at one with no fear was Hagrid, who shows right after that he can bend one like a piece of cardboard.

Certainly true! But an Origin Bullet is the ace in the hole here, and would probably disable this shard of Voldemort's soul thanks to the soul-crippling / magic circuit-frying effects. Could probably even **** over a Horcrux.

So... they start 600 meters at the very least. How does Voldy go against a sniper from around that distance?

Giving this to Kiri. The starting range, Voldy's ego and knowledge that both characters are mages lands this solidly in Kiri's homefield advantage.

If they're at 600m or more, Kiri has to find Tom's location before he can snipe him, and as I've mentioned in a few different threads lately, Central Park is not a great place to see someone from that far away unless you already know where they're standing. Too many trees, benches, shacks, lamps, boathouses, etc. interfering with line-of-sight.

And if Kiri shoots at Tom while the latter is aware, the latter can just teleport. He's quite literally one of the only two characters in his verse who's been shown using Apparition to dodge attacks. (the other being Dumbledore)

I don't have a vote yet, btw. I'm waiting to see what else gets presented before I make a decision.

Kiri can detect magical energy to pick out even a completely normal human who somehow became a Master from a crowd of normal humans.

Oh yeah, him being an idiot definitely helped.

Promestein said:
He does but it's not exactly his first move (that'd be Avada Kedavra). Avada Kedavra would 100% kill Kerry but it can be dodged.
I just noticed this.

Avada Kedavra isn't the only thing he's ever started off with. Yes, he uses it a lot, but he's as likely as not to open with other spells. He only ever consistently starts off with it in the movies, which really dumbed down his fighting style for the sake of flashiness.

Hell, he flat-out Petrificus Totalis'd Neville in the last book, and even in the movies, he ended a fight with Harry before it could begin by just TKing his wand out of his hand. Which he could've and should've done every chance he got, but Harry had to have a chance to win in the final battle because he's t h e c h o s e n o n e

Also, at this range, he's far more likely to Apparate to some sort of high ground or take to the sky in order to see more of his surroundings, which (if I'm remembering properly) is pretty much his go-to thing whenever he can't see anyone he's looking for. That, or he'll try to locate Kiri with his Legilimency, which he did to Harry numerous times just to harrass him and mess with his head. Although, if Kiri does have telepathic protection (that should be added to his page if that's the case), then the latter option might not work so well.

What? Dude.

I meant his option is either what MrKing said.

"He either takes to higher ground near some cover"

OR

"Takes to the sky"

I'm not saying both at the same time.

In the one fight I can remember, Kiri used normal bullets against a mage to lure him into a false sense of security then used Origin Bullets. He'd likely do the same here. Normal bullets to trick Voltamorticia into beliveing he can just block them, then Origin Bullets for the win.

Yeah with the Liquid Mercury guy. Though he preferred to try to take him down by other means first. Though it makes sense considering there's prep time. That said if Voldy apparitions out it won't work too well.

This looks really cool and I'm really depressed I don't remember squat in my reading and watching of both of their... I'll go with series' and call it a day

@King and Anonymous

Bad wording. I meant knowledge. If they know the other is a mage then Kiritsugu would at least know how to react. Of course if he spots that Voldemort keeps teleporting around instead of blocking, then he might not use the Origin Bullet since that's way too risky and likelier to miss.

Kerry uses Time Alter to dodge most spells Voldemort casts and pops a cap in him with the Tompson Contender before he can pull off massive AoEs as Voldemort's consistent first move is Avada Kadevera.

Why wouldn't it hit? Voldemort wouldn't have time to react with Time Alter and Kerry can easily distract him with a volley from his Jericho before repositioning himself and capping the wizard in the head.

Speed amps are allowed in speed equal matches.

Voldemort would have to notice him firing the gun in the first place before he can block it.

Back