• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vice President of the literature club vs Paranormal Investigator (Sayori vs Randolph Carter)

I'm gonna vote for Randolph, I just don't see how he loses if we are going off average american male height and weight. He also has intelligence advantage

i said both are bloodlusted.

but i agree with rez azontar, and berns points.

the fact she knows the layout and she can use the wide variety of school weapons plus the balls things give her the win.

yeah but given that hes pretty smart I would think he would know how to disarm someone like Sayori, and like I said in Sayori's intelligence section it says she's kind of clumsy
Depend of how his inteligence works, if it is only due math stuff, no reason to assume, inteligence is too versatile.

How would most of the things in the school be ineffective weapons? Sayori knows the layout of the school best, how will Carter stop her from arming herself?
i explained how something like a fire extinguisher is very limiting and how someone would be able to deal with that. you have to wield it in the most inefficient way just to strike with it, allowing someone to easily dodge it, block it up high before it is fully swung, or even grab it. its a blunt weapon after all. those arent huge game changers. the only things that would be a big deal is knives from the cafeteria and a fire axe. but she'd have to escape Carter in the first place, and then hope he doesnt also get something to defend himself with. and shed be hard pressed to chase him if shes armed with an axe. perhaps a knife, but she has too many obstacles to overcome to win the majority. i dont think the fight would carry on or result in running through every single floor of the school building before its over to where stamina becomes an issue for either, especially when they are pumped by adrenaline, which boost stamina.

and females have 37 TO 68% of of an average male's strength. it varies. someone as small and as young as her is clearly not going to be 68%. and even that is a significant gap.

@Bernkastelll Sayori is in her peak, since, she is like, adult, but still young, she must have stamina advantages as well, and her school has things like Knives due Yuri, and I am not being biased, I was likely in carter side before sayori got weapons and the fight placing in her school
if you think Sayori wins via map knowledge cool. thats the only realistic argument and thats fine. i disagree since she has too many issues to overcome, but your viewpoint in that regard is fine and understandable. but this "overwanking genders" and the physical gap between them being small is blatantly wrong if they are normal humans.

yeah but given that hes pretty smart I would think he would know how to disarm someone like Sayori, and like I said in Sayori's intelligence section it says she's kind of clumsy
Carter is smart in terms of sorcery, not in terms of combat.

i explained how something like a fire extinguisher is very limiting and how someone would be able to deal with that. you have to wield it in the most inefficient way just to strike with it, allowing someone to easily dodge it, block it up high before it is fully swung, or even grab it. its a blunt weapon after all. those arent huge game changers. the only things that would be a big deal is knives from the cafeteria and a fire axe. but she'd have to escape Carter in the first place, and then hope he doesnt also get something to defend himself with. and shed be hard pressed to chase him if shes armed with an axe. perhaps a knife, but she has too many obstacles to overcome to win the majority. i dont think the fight would carry on or result in running through every single floor of the school building before its over to where stamina becomes an issue for either, especially when they are pumped by adrenaline, which boost stamina.

and females have 37 TO 68% of of an average male's strength. it varies. someone as small and as young as her is clearly not going to be 68%. and even that is a significant gap.
A fire-extinguisher could be used to immobilize Carter via Sayori using the foam to blind him, if Sayori gets a knife or axe while bloodlusted she's going to turn Carter into sashimi. Sayori has knowledge of the school therefore she knows the layout, which will allow her to exploit the weapons and the layout. Carter has no knowledge and no weapons.

Can Carter actually use his knowledge of magic in combat between normal humans?
I guess i'm kind of assuming it would help so idk if its applicable, but i also seriously doubt she would use the fire extinguisher that way tbh I think she would go for the axe and I still believe that Randolph would win but maybe im just overestimating a 56 year old man

A fire-extinguisher could be used to immobilize Carter via Sayori using the foam to blind him, if Sayori gets a knife or axe while bloodlusted she's going to turn Carter into sashimi. Sayori has knowledge of the school therefore she knows the layout, which will allow her to exploit the weapons and the layout. Carter has no knowledge and no weapons.
you could cover your eyes. of course you still wouldnt be able to see until you're out of that small area, but all hed have to do is retreat out of the smokey area before she strikes, consider the range of that thing is essentially point blank in terms of striking distance and would be slow to swing. he could also just tackle her if she actually stops running and tries to face him before she can even do anything. her getting a knife or an axe is the only huge problem. but again, the axe would slow her down when chasing Carter until he finds something to at least defend with. a knife wouldnt have that problem though, so thats her biggest wincon. but I think there is too many scenarios where shed die before that for her to win the majority out of 10 in my opinion.

Well, I vote for Sayori.

Rez votes for Sayori.

I assume Bern votes for Sayori. So yeah, still 3 votes for her.

This stuff about a 50 yo male being below an average human in strength is pretty BS, especially if you had actually read the CM stories. In one of them, Carter and his friend manage to pry open and move a large granite slab that covered a tomb. . . I would like to see 2 average teenage girls do the same feat.

The dude is pretty fit and apparently likes a round of two of grave robbing/digging, he's not your 50yo grandpa that eats McD and sits all day in front of the TV watching Fox News.

This stuff about a 50 yo male being below an average human in strength is pretty BS, especially if you had actually read the CM stories. In one of them, Carter and his friend manage to pry open and move a large granite slab that covered a tomb. . . I would like to see 2 average teenage girls do the same feat.

it's still gonna hurt when you get kicked in the balls, getting fire extinguisher foam in your eyes, getting stabbed by kitchen knives from the cafeteria, or stab them pencils right in ye eyes.

How does this really help him? He's still old so his stamina is lesser than Sayori's, and she also has more weapon options, so she still wins.

it's still gonna hurt when you get kicked in the balls, getting fire extinguisher foam in your eyes, getting stabbed by kitchen knives from the cafeteria, or stab them pencils right in ye eyes.
You are assuming a bloodlusted Carter won't fight back. I could literally say the exact same thing you said there to Sayori.

sayori knows the full layout of the school. she can easily just hide and stab and hide and stab. just keep wounding him till he dies of bloodless or weaken him to the point where he can't do anything.

Because he can overpower her?
Sayori has access to a plethora of weapons that make it so that won't matter.

If she's bloodlusted, she can throw things such as knives that she will have access to from the school kitchen, or she can use a fire axe to cut his ass (All public schools have a fire axe, looked it up.)

She can hide in classrooms or closets to get the jump on him also.

Back