• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Removal Requests 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because speed is unequal. And sans is not fast enough to react to or dodge a gun

Baseless. No actual evidence points to him reacting in such a way

But he opens with attacks that require movement. And since homer is faster by a good amount. No reason he couldn't react to them

So your argument is that dodging a gun isn't good enough to dodge a gun?

Right.

Regardless, the matches should all be removed and redone, except maybe the TMQ match.

Dodging a fake gun which was agreed not to be shooting real bullets and thus has no qualified speed is not as good as dodging a gun tha faster than homer

His points on Sans are still wrong and shouldn't be removed from their pages.

Nobody said he won via a blitz. So that's invalid. His speed being faster was apart of his reasons he won. But was not said he blitzed.

Sans doesn't open with with thought based bone attack, nore is that a stand alone reason to make the match invalid due to homer being much faster. Aka. Dodging is a good possibility.

And his teleportation argument was made void as Sans doesn't teleport to dodge. Not even facing a gun.

So none of these points work as reason to remove it.

I see your points. Looking back, I think the match should still be removed as it looks a One-Shot for Homer Simpso as he scaled to 8-C+ which starts at 4.914*10^9 J while Sans's Attack Potency is around 101,339,049+ Joules so Homer is around 48.5 stronger.

Also, a small note, the vaporizing car calculation on Homer's page suggested that he and those who scaled to him would be High 8-C, not 8-C+ so he could end up stronger in the future.

Homer does one shot. And so does like a good 80 percent of Sans fights leaves him one shot. His soul hacks are what let's him battle people beyond his tier as Bypassing durability. Giving him a way to win that he would realistically use. That's how Sans has defeated people way beyond his tier. And has fought with people behind his tier that one shot him. If Sans being one shot is an issue despite his hacks giving his win conditions against people outside his tier. Then Most all of his fights need to be removed.

It's pushed back from High 8-C as Skinner was a small distance from the explosion. And without a calc, it's backwards scale to 8-C+ due to being unsure how much his distance from the explosion would effect it.

All of your points that you used for keeping it were directly countered above.

His soul hax did suffer that major downgrade because it is no longer quick as it was in the past.

I think most of Sans's fights like this one were removed, to be honest. I did removed this type of matches before from the versus thread removal request.

Ok, on the High 8-C.

I see. Well. I'm willing to back down on it being removed if the same rule follows for his other fights if that's the case on his soul hacks. Though that feels like a CTR thing to discuss on which threads should be removed or stay.

After thinking about it, This match between MCU Thanos and the Shadow Queen is a stomp.

Thanos can't harm the Shadow Queen due to her being Non-Corporeal, which makes 99% of his in character moves useless, his only moves that would work he almost never uses, and combined with the shadow queen's horrible advantage in AP and Dura, it is a massive stomp for the Shadow Queen

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
After thinking about it, This match between MCU Thanos and the Shadow Queen is a stomp.

Thanos can't harm the Shadow Queen due to her being Non-Corporeal, which makes 99% of his in character moves useless, his only moves that would work he almost never uses, and combined with the shadow queen's advantage in AP and Dura, it is a massive stomp for the Shadow Queen
You didn't need to bring that here as it wasn't finished or added

Homer vs Mario should also be removed for reasons i explained above, but in case anyone needs a refresher:

Mario does not have any way to get past homer's regen (you could argue he could KO homer but he isn't strong enough to do that due to being baseline as he has no calc) and doesn't have any useful abilities that'll protect him from getting pelted by pistols, shotguns and uzis (since both were fully equipped, but Mario has absolutely nothing), and if they were to get up close Homer could just choke him out with his superior lifting strength, and its very in-character for him to do that considering how he's done it to Bart (as everybody knows) and even other characters such as Abe and Marge

The Calaca said:
7-5 is definitely an inconclusive.
I've been told that isn't how it works. Grace doesn't start if there isn't a 3 vote difference. And it doesn't end as inconclusive if it hits 7 votes and 24 hours passes without a 3 vote difference. It means grace shouldn't start

• For a verdict, there must be at least seven votes in favor of one character/team, with a minimum difference of three votes. Some examples:
    • A final vote tally of 6-0 will be considered invalid.
    • A final vote tally of 7-0 will be considered valid.
    • A final vote tally of 7-4 will be considered valid.
    • A final vote tally of 7-5 will be considered invalid.
  • If both sides have equivalent posts with constructive arguments, the thread shall be deemed inconclusive. When the thread reaches a valid vote count, a grace period of 24 will be acknowledged, starting when the final vote that resulted in valid vote count was posted. After this time period the match can be added, with proper format, to the respective characters' pages, or, for Tier 2 characters or otherwise locked profiles, requested in the Versus Addition Request Thread.

That's a big contradiction. If what we need is a difference of 3 votes to add as a win/loss, call it invalid makes no sense.

This is what I was told

"...No? When there's less then a 3 vote difference, then the debate continues until a 3 vote difference is reached.

It's only when a debate goes on for a long time with supporters from either side not being able to definitively conclude the debate that it is deemed Inconclusive without the 3 vote limit."

Yeah it just stops being in grace if it goes to 7-5

Let me see if I get it:

• If Grace starts with a difference lesser than 3 votes it can't be added as inconclusive because the difference isn't enough (aka equivalent posts).
  • But we can add it as inconclusive if the supposed Grace period finishes with both sides having equivalent votes after some time.
I see zero differences between both situations, yet we accept the latter and not the former.

That's the way I have seen people doing it for years.

If we add as incon matchups where both sides present arguments equally then I don't see what's the difference with that but voting.

@Calaca Incon option isn't any different than who wins so it should be still under the 3 difference rule imo.

Except that some matchups never reach the 3 votes difference or just die in oblivion. Such cases are labeled as incons or should be as both sides have equally constructive arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back