• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Verses than fell from grace

I have quite a few.

Johnny Test: For anyone that knows me well on this wiki, you'd know that I'm a fan of Johnny Test. Seasons 1-4 of the show is unironically one of my favorite shows to watch. But when Seasons 5 and 6 hit, the show took a turn for the worse. Even though there were a few good episodes sprinkled throughout each season, the show became so annoying to watch. At least they improved on Seasons 5 and 6 with Johnny Test Netflix Revival. Highly recommend it. But yeah, avoid Seasons 5 and 6 of Johnny Test as much as possible.

Fairly OddParents: I enjoyed the first 6 or 7 seasons of the show, before it went downhill. While Season 8 isn't particularly bad, it was way too short, and besides maybe 1 or 2 episodes, everything about that season was forgettable. Plus, the 1 or 2 episodes I remember for being bad, so that doesn't make it any better. Seasons 9 and 10 is where we get to the truly awfulness that wss Modern FOP. Characters were flanderized to oblivion, the new characters that were added (Chloe and Sparky) were so bad, and even the animation took a turn for the worse. Seasons 9 and 10 of FOP is without a doubt, one of the worst Nick shows ever.

Spongebob Squarepants: Seasons 1-4 of Spongebob were amazing. So many funny moments and memes spawned from these seasons. Everything went downhill when Season 5 hit. I don't outright hate this season, but it was definitely going down the wrong road in terms of quality. Seasons 6-9a is where we get to the bad. This was when Nick stopped caring about quality, and was just focused on milking Spongebob episodes, or trying to find the next Spongebob. A lot of episodes from these seasons had so much gross out. Some of the faces the characters made were genuinely disgusting to look at sometimes. The episodes also got very dark and edgy. Episodes like "One Coarse Meal" are one of many examples of this. But after season 9a, the show slowly started to improve in quality. And while I don't think the more recent seasons of Spongebob hold up against Seasons 1-4, they are at least watchable. But still, this show fell from grace.

Teen Titans Go!: People might be surprised by this, but I was actually a fan of Season 1 of this show. They actually ignored the rabid haters, and produced some genuinely funny and good episodes. But after that, man does this show go downhill. The moment TTG started making fun of and insulting their audience, was when I kinda got turned off from the show and stopped watching it. It was kinda funny at first, because that was when the haters were at their most toxic, but they continued making episodes insulting the audience when everyone had moved on. It's just beating a dead horse at this point. It doesn't help that CN airs TTG literally all day. TTG puts Johnny Test to shame with how much it airs. We seriously need a show that CN can actually manage properly that can overtake TTG. I don't care if it's episodic or serialized. I've had enough of TTG.

Powerpuff Girls: Johnny Test and PPG are kinda similar in terms of quality in my opinion. The first 4 seasons are one of my favorite shows of all time, but seasons 5 and 6 was when the shows went downhill. The first 4 seasons of PPG were fast paced, smart, and surprisingly dark. An amazing show overall. When Season 5 hit, that's when the show took a turn for the worse. A lot of episodes from both seasons 5 and 6 were sooooo slow. The comedic timing in these seasons were so bad, and they just drag on. They were also some stupid, and even outright annoying episodes, such as the episode when the girls get sunburnt, or that episode when the whole cast was just crying. They were a few good episodes sprinkled throughout both seasons, but I seriously do not recommend seasons 5 and 6 of PPG. The movie of this cartoon, while even though it kinda ruined CN's reputation for movies, I thought it was a decent-solid movie. But of course, good things don't last forever, and CN thought it was a good idea to reboot this show. And my god, is it bad. Stay away from it.

Sorry for making a long essay about cartoons. For anyone that did read everything, I hope you enjoyed!

Just my opinion, but the first arc really isn't that good, nor is it that much better than later arcs.

Especially for you to say it was a quicker and steeper drop-off than GOT and AOT.

And I say that as someone who watched all of GOT, read the AOT manga in-full, and read almost 20 volumes of the Shield hero LN. Hell, I'd say 3 of the top 5 best arcs have yet to happen in the anime. Arguably 4 (Most of the three heroes' church arc was pretty mediocre until the very end with the sentencing of witch and trash, which was pretty god-tier ngl)

Edit:

Just noticed you didn't mention GOT, but my point still stands kek.

Last edited:
I disagree with MCU, not so much that I think it's good or amazing but it doesn't really have any tangible failure that could make one confidently say it fell from grace. Are many people just jaded or tired of it? Of course, but that doesn't necessarily mean a fall from grace.

Hell, What-If is doing great, and yes that counts for MCU, and the other spin-offs are doing decently well.
Agreed.
MCU may have stagnated due to overusing the same film formula over and over again, but they didn't necessarily shit the bed unlike other entries in this thread.
They're mostly samey and there are people who think they suck for various reasons, but not really something to be classified as a fall from grace.

Back