• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Verses and company pages standards

Bobsican

He/Him
As this issue is wide enought for its own thread, here we have this in the Editing Rules:

"Do not create verse pages for companies. We have made exceptions for Disney and Nintendo, due to their extremely iconic statures, and occasional interaction between their properties, as well as for Dreamworks, and similar prominent animated movie imprints, with characters that have no other verse page of their own, where they can be listed, but a "verse" is generally defined as a shared continuity."

And here we are with the clear issue that we are blatantly ignoring this with over half of the Companies pages being around arguably breaking it.

Should this rule be edited or be applied?

My main issue with IDW is that the verse page holds no "characters" actually owned by them, just nicknamed IDW because they are the ones publishing it.

We may as well create a verse page for Toei Animation.

See the problem? Correct me if I'm wrong.

My main issue is that IDW is breaking the thing of the series sharing a continuity, unless it could be argued to get an exception, especially considering the respective series featured on that verse page already have verses of their own.

They can get their own separate verse pages if anything, but I still think that there's something off here.

Yeah I think the IDW pages should just be on verses of their own since there's no continuity.

Apex PredatorX said:
There are many original characters in IDW llike Hell Gate Guardia.

Also going by that logic we should erase Image comics and Dark Horse comics for the same reason too.
I honestly wouldn't mind.

Verse pages should stick to a single franchise, potentially dividing into other verse pages if there are multiple canons to leave at a side, as it's the case with Sonic having the game and Archie verse pages as of now.

Image Comics, Dark Horse Comics and IDW aren't prominent as Disney or Nintendo nor feature multiple interactions between their own works, so they actually should be deleted and divided into as many verses as needed.

Apex PredatorX said:
There are many original characters in IDW llike Hell Gate Guardia.

Also going by that logic we should erase Image comics and Dark Horse comics for the same reason too.
That one even links to the Godzilla verse page, it can stay there without needing a page for the publisher.

I mean the companies stuff can be removed from them, but verses like Dark Horse were already divided, yet there is no incovenient with them existing.

Image Comics might be able to stay due to the common crossovers between the works, but I'm not 100% sure, if that were to be deleted we should get some experts on the publisher to weigh in.

Apex PredatorX said:
I mean the companies stuff can be removed from them, but verses like Dark Horse were already divided, yet there is no incovenient with them existing.
I mean, that same reason was why Composite Human was kept for a long while, it's a blatantly fallacious reason, rules are rules, after all.

IDW and Dark Horse should be deleted, there's no reason for them to exists other than tradition, and that didn't save Composite Human. Image is its own can of worms.

I'll have you guys know that Marvel, DC, Disney and LEGO do share the same canon somewhat, and have a shit ton of interlinking amongst their properties, they're here to stay.

Eh, neutral on the matter for Image. There has been cases of canon crossovers in Image Comics history, and having 20 different verses for minor comics titles seems pointless.

I don't read Dark Horse much, but I reckon similiar suit follows as Image

IDW is more clear-cut, it should go. Nothing there remotely implies they should be together, especially when half of its licensed properties have pages of their own.

Zark2099 said:
I don't read Dark Horse much, but I reckon similiar suit follows as Image
I haven't read it, but from a quick glance at the verse page this seems wrong. The only links on the page are links to other verse pages that fall under the "Dark Horse Comics" publishing label, and the summary reads like it mostly publishes compartmentalized series for licensed properties.

I agree that IDW should be split up between the individual franchises/properties/continuities.

Okay, it seems Dark Horse Comics and IDW Publishing have been agreed on being removed, the content should get some respective verse pages for the individual series first, however.

While we are at it, Valiant Comics and likely Amalgam Comics should be nuked too.

Valiant and Amalgam have shared continuities, so they can stay i.m.h.o.

Yeah, Valiant is it own verse, divided by ages due the reboots (Valiant Comics, Acclaim Comics and currently Valiant Entertainment), only that when Acclaim age finished, characters like Solar, Magnus and Turok were licensed, and appears in Dark Horse and Golden Key comics.

Bobsican said:
Okay, it seems Dark Horse Comics and IDW Publishing have been agreed on being removed, the content should get some respective verse pages for the individual series first, however.

While we are at it, Valiant Comics and likely Amalgam Comics should be nuked too.
Dark Horse is already moved, so it can be deleted without much issue. IDW stuff should be moved.

Nuking Valiant and Amalgam is the same as nuking DC, those have actual continuity between all their titles.

Okay, then those are fine.

Anything else left to do? If not, this thread can be closed.

Well, the individual fictions/franchises/verses for IDW and Dark Horse all need to be migrated to their own verse pages first, after which we should delete the first two.

IDW Publishing's page needs to be restructured so it can be safely deleted.

Back