• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vaporization for Regs Incinerator (Made in Abyss) (IE Trying to get someone to comment on a Verse No-One cares About)

So on my calc for Regs incinerator blast there is an ongoing discussion on whether it is vaporization or not. So here I will put all my reasoning why I believe it to be vaporization instead of pulverization in the hopes that I can get a general consensus and apply the changes to the calc.

1. The Environmental Evidence: According to the current calculation page Vaporisation: Applied when the matter that was destroyed was vaporised during the attack. Much like for Pulverization, we usually use this value when we see no remains of the matter that was destroyed in the attack, but in addition there has to be a considerable amount of visible vapor and/or character statements that imply vaporization, usually the latter. The value is 25700 (J/cc).
Here it states that there needs to be vapor for it to count as vaporization; Here are reg's blasts that show exactly that

2.The Statements; Throughout the story we get many statements that outright disprove simply pulverizing matter. I one of the pictures shown above there is a statement that it Melted through fossilized trees which also left vapor behind; Fossilized trees being mostly made of quartz have a far higher melting point than the pulverization. The incinerator has been stated to be able to Vaporize water

Which requires 2575 J/cm^3 which once again is far higher than pulverization. We also have many statement's of it "Burning the Air" and "Burning away everything" which definitely help further validate vaporization.

Those are my main reasons for using vaporization. There are a few more statements but for now I think this is all I need.
So does this qualify for vaporization ?

Back