• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Usopp and Chopper's Missing Keys

Yo everyone, ya boy started One Piece and is 400 chapters in, so I'm making my first ever One Piece CRT, hope I do well now and in possible future CRTs. For a long time I avoided the OP profiles to avoid spoilers, but I decided to check them out recently. And what I noticed was that some characters had keys missing Pre-Alabasta, namely Usopp and Chopper.

Usopp has many feats he can scale off of in the East Blue Saga and Chopper has feats he scales to in the Drum Island Arc.

In Arlong Park, Usopp was able to pummel and knock out Chew with repeated Usopp Hammers. Chew being comparable to Kuroobi and Hatchan, who each fought East Blue Zoro and East Blue Sanji. This is further confirmed when every other fishmen consider these 3 to be the strongest of the Arlong Pirates, and Arlong being in utter disbelief when hearing about their defeat. This should at most scale East Blue Usopp to 8-A, or should upscale from East Blue Nami, who scales to 8-B+. So we can list Usopp 8-B+, at most 8-A or straight up 8-A.

When it comes to Chopper, we already accept in this wiki that Heavy Point scales above Nami and Usopp, which could make him either 8-B+ or 8-A depending on how much credit we give to Usopp. Chopper defeated Chessmarimo, a fusion of Chess and Kuromarino, who can beat up an army of lapahns. These same lapahns can somewhat survive kicks from Sanji, though are somewhat inferior to him. So again, depending on what we decide on, we can list Drum Island Chopper to 8-B+, at most 8-A or straight up 8-A.

If we go with the assumption that neither Chopper or Usopp got stronger before Alabasta arc, then pretty much every character Pre-Alabasta would upscale from them and be upgraded to 7-C.

What are ya'll thoughts on this?

In Arlong Park, Usopp was able to pummel and knock out Chew with repeated Usopp Hammers. Chew being comparable to Kuroobi and Hatchan, who each fought East Blue Zoro and East Blue Sanji.
Usopp scales to chew, yee, but Usopp and Chew have no actual scaling to Kuroobi and Hatchan or Zoro and Sanji, it is true tho that Usopp is stronger than Nami

With my Chew calc, Usopp and Chew are able scale to that directly, giving Usopp an east blue key as well (Just that there are other Calculations that's been worked on that need to be accepted as well, so that it's more accurate with Usopp being << Sanji, Zoro and Luffy )
When it comes to Chopper, we already accept in this wiki that Heavy Point scales above Nami and Usopp, which could make him either 8-B+ or 8-A depending on how much credit we give to Usopp. Chopper defeated Chessmarimo, a fusion of Chess and Kuromarino, who can beat up an army of lapahns. These same lapahns can somewhat survive kicks from Sanji, though are somewhat inferior to him. So again, depending on what we decide on, we can list Drum Island Chopper to 8-B+, at most 8-A or straight up 8-A.
Chopper has feats he scales to in the Drum Island Arc.
For Chopper, the Alabasta Saga already includes Drum Island Arc within it, don't think there are any missing key there unless you want to separate Alabasta Chopper and Drum Island Chopper, which wouldn't make that much sense for him to have grown stronger, as if I remember correctly, he didn't challenge himself or have any difficulty for him to have gotten stronger after his fights in Drum Island, but I could be misremembering

Usopp scales to chew, yee, but Usopp and Chew have no actual scaling to Kuroobi and Hatchan or Zoro and Sanji, it is true tho that Usopp is stronger than Nami
Fair enough
With my Chew calc, Usopp and Chew are able scale to that directly, giving Usopp an east blue key as well (Just that there are other Calculations that's been worked on that need to be accepted as well, so that it's more accurate with Usopp being << Sanji, Zoro and Luffy )
These would definitely upgrade all the characters
For Chopper, the Alabasta Saga already includes Drum Island Arc within it, don't think there are any missing key there unless you want to separate Alabasta Chopper and Drum Island Chopper, which wouldn't make that much sense for him to have grown stronger, as if I remember correctly, he didn't challenge himself or have any difficulty for him to have gotten stronger after his fights in Drum Island, but I could be misremembering
Ah, it’s cuz none of his Drum Island feats were mentioned in his profile, like his battle with Chessmarimo, just that he was scaled above Nami and Usopp. So I assumed it wasn’t included. If Chopper didn’t get stronger between these arcs, then guys like Wapol and Chessmarimo would also be 7-C, which in turn would make East Blue Luffy, Zoro and Sanji 7-C as well since Luffy could bully Wapol zero difficulty.

If Chopper didn’t get stronger between these arcs, then guys like Wapol and Chessmarimo would also be 7-C, which in turn would make East Blue Luffy, Zoro and Sanji 7-C as well since Luffy could bully Wapol zero difficulty.
Wapol probably would be 7-C, I think his profile is outdated or something as he's currently listed as 8-B from Luffy even tho Luffy doesn't have an 8-B rating
And it would not make East Blue Luffy, Zoro and Sanji 7-C as again Drum Island is within Alabasta saga, not East blue saga. Luffy is already 7-C with his alabasta key

Wapol probably would be 7-C, I think his profile is outdated or something as he's currently listed as 8-B from Luffy even tho Luffy doesn't have an 8-B rating
And it would not make East Blue Luffy, Zoro and Sanji 7-C as again Drum Island is within Alabasta saga, not East blue saga. Luffy is already 7-C with his alabasta key
I thought Wapol scaled of his own durability calc, which is how we got 8-B. But yeah, the Usopp calc should upgrade the East Blue characters anyways. So I think only Usopp would get an East Blue key, Chopper would remain as is

Back