• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrade Speed for BoBoiBoy(Key Galaxy Movie)

DenLitz

He/Him
So we already have 2 calculations with different versions but with the same feat.

Animated Version :
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Greatsage13th/Boboiboy_calc_(Light_edition)

Comic Version :
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:DenLitz/BoBoiBoy_dodge_Ray_of_Light_Retak'ka

My opinion on the animated version
1. The scene used is not clearly shown the distance between BoBoiBoy and Laser before BoBoiBoy dodge it.
2. The distance traveled by BoBoiBoy is also not clearly shown, and the calculations only assume how far BoBoiBoy has moved from what I have observed.

My opinion about the comic version (at the same time I recommend it to be used because it looks better and more efficient)
1. The panel I'm using is clearly shown the distance between BoBoiBoy and Laser before BoBoiBoy dodge it.
2. The distance traveled by BoBoiBoy is also clearly shown.

Conclusion
I propose to use calculation on the comic version because as I explained above, the comic version has a nicer panel to calculate, so it will give more accurate results.

probably not. Does the laser that is shot every time have the same output speed as the speed of light?

Correct me if I am mistaken, but I feel like BoBoiBoy Light has shown criteria that makes his attacks not realistic light such as it bent after reflecting off Vargoba's shield (screenshots) and caused explosions, implying that it imparts physical force. BoBoiBoy Solar's attacks also seem to impart physical force, and same goes for Retak'ka.

But if I'm wrong and it fits enough criteria for being realistic light, the upgrade should be applicable.

I'm neutral for now
Still can't believe BBB is FTL

Last edited:
Yeah I'm fine with this. Light's attacks reflect in straight lines like how light is supposed to act.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but I feel like BoBoiBoy Light has shown criteria that makes his attacks not realistic light such as it bent after reflecting off Vargoba's shield (screenshots) and caused explosions, implying that it imparts physical force. BoBoiBoy Solar's attacks also seem to impart physical force, and same goes for Retak'ka.

But if I'm wrong and it fits enough criteria for being realistic light, the upgrade should be applicable.

I'm neutral for now
Still can't believe BBB is FTL
I'm neutral as well but if his elements are suppose to be the actual elements then I guess it's fine, if it also meets several of the requirements.

As for the OP, which ever one gives a clearer interpretation of the feat then we should use that one so long as it's canon.

no. too high just to dodge the laser which every shot is as fast as light
The FTL portion is assuming he side stepped in before the energy beam closed the distance to his original spot. If you use the lasers total length by the time it hits the vehicle the feat would be much worse.

Unless counter evidence exists given everything you provided would prove it isn't comparable enough to light to get a SoL rating.

Unless counter evidence exists given everything you provided would prove it isn't comparable enough to light to get a SoL rating.
The light elemental attacks were already accepted as light speed, otherwise my light edition speed calc would've been rejected last year.

The light elemental attacks were already accepted as light speed, otherwise my light edition speed calc would've been rejected last year.
If current evidence is debunked and not enough criteria is fulfilled, BBB's lightspeed rating will be removed
Stated to be made up of photons.

High into relativistic speeds.

Capable of cooking individuals alive via radiation.

Could reflect off of shiny surfaces.
Source?
Scan?
Proof?
Ok

Last edited:
So we already have 2 calculations with different versions but with the same feat.

Animated Version :
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Greatsage13th/Boboiboy_calc_(Light_edition)

Comic Version :
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:DenLitz/BoBoiBoy_dodge_Ray_of_Light_Retak'ka

My opinion on the animated version
1. The scene used is not clearly shown the distance between BoBoiBoy and Laser before BoBoiBoy dodge it.
2. The distance traveled by BoBoiBoy is also not clearly shown, and the calculations only assume how far BoBoiBoy has moved from what I have observed.

My opinion about the comic version (at the same time I recommend it to be used because it looks better and more efficient)
1. The panel I'm using is clearly shown the distance between BoBoiBoy and Laser before BoBoiBoy dodge it.
2. The distance traveled by BoBoiBoy is also clearly shown.

Conclusion
I propose to use calculation on the comic version because as I explained above, the comic version has a nicer panel to calculate, so it will give more accurate results.
seems fine

The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror.

The light from the beam refracts and further brightens the interior of the station, reflected off of Vargoba's shield in a realistic fashion.

The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources.

It's not stated as such but Boboiboy's elemental light beam has shown to travel at relativistic speeds.

It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.

Got nothing here that states it, but it's not magic. He got it from the sun's light shining on him. which lead to his power watch to adapt and copy the light.

counter arguements:

caused explosions

Gamma Ray Bursts exist, Boboiboy is essentially doing something similar to that on a far smaller scale.

impart physical force

same reasoning as above.

The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror.
It bends in an unrealistic way when it reflects off Vargoba's shield. Light doesn't bend like this
The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources.
Proof? I've never seen anything that explicitly stated that the attacks travel at the speed of light
It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.
The only source you showed for this is a Fandom page, which is absolutely not a reliable source
I don't understand how this is refraction. That's only one instance of reflecting realistically. There are other instances of it reflecting unrealistically
It's not stated as such but Boboiboy's elemental light beam has shown to travel at relativistic speeds.
Relativistic is slower than Speed of Light. The beam takes much longer than light to reach space
Gamma Ray Bursts exist, Boboiboy is essentially doing something similar to that on a far smaller scale.
So? There is no official direct comparison between Gamma Ray Bursts and BBB's attacks. And his attacks are nothing like real life authentic Gamma Ray Bursts

Last edited:
It straight up bends in an unrealistic way when it reflects off Vargoba's shield. Light doesn't bend like this
That's not the one I mentioned in my latest response,

Proof? I've never seen anything that explicitly stated that the attacks travel at the speed of light
I didn't even talk about that in my last response.

The only source you showed for this is a Fandom page, which is absolutely not a reliable source
Again, my last response never mentioned anything about that.

That's only one instance of reflecting realistically
that's the 2nd.

Relativistic is slower than Speed of Light. The beam takes much longer than light to reach space
It took less than 5 seconds for the beam to go as far as the moon, with 15 seconds of negligible time due to the many close ups and unnecessary cuts and edits in between scenes with the actual time actually taking between 4-5 seconds. almost 30% its speed, the true speed of the beam would have been significantly higher if the length of the beam was shown in its entirety.

So? There is no official direct comparison between Gamma Ray Bursts and BBB's attacks
Yes, but that's not the point. it's just to prove that radiation can cause explosions (psuedo-explosions through sheer energy to be exact) and impart physical force in large quantities.

Last edited:
that's the 2nd.
A few instances of it reflecting realistically doesn't change the fact that there are also instances where BBB's attacks reflect unrealistically
It took less than 5 seconds for the beam to go as far as the moon, with 15 seconds of negligible time due to the many close ups and unnecessary cuts and edits in between scenes with the actual time actually taking between 4-5 seconds. almost 30% its speed, the true speed of the beam would have been significantly higher if the beam never went too far off screen.
The moon was never shown in any scene until Retak'ka was sent flying somewhat near it after the beam was gone. Those close ups, cuts and edits may still count for the timeframe of the beam. Even if what you said is true, that still doesn't prove that the beam is as fast as light or BBB's attacks act like realistic light.
Yes, but that's not the point. it's just to prove that radiation can cause explosions (psuedo-explosions through sheer energy to be exact) and impart physical force in large quantities.
Gamma ray bursts aren't a good example since they are still way more powerful than anything BBB is capable of. Wiki criteria states that if it imparts physical force, it's one of them that makes it not realistic light

Last edited:
A few instances of it reflecting realistically doesn't change the fact that there are also instances that it reflected unrealistically

The moon was never shown in any scene until Retak'ka flew past it after the beam was gone. Those close ups, cuts and edits still count for the timeframe for the beam's speed. Even if what you said is true, that still doesn't prove that the beam is as fast as light or BBB's attacks acts like realistic light.

Gamma ray bursts are still way more powerful than anything BBB is capable of, and wiki criteria still states that if it imparts physical force, it's one if them that makes it not realistic light
1.there was only one instance of unrealism, which is the finger fire danmaku. Compared to the other 4 instances of normal reflection. the other 2 being this and this

2.if we don't remove all those cuts, close ups and edits, then we have problems. First problem, The beam is fired twice instead of once due to edits. Second problem, the beam takes pauses in between seconds and becomes faster or slower in close ups and edits. third problem, we'd have to assume the beam never went beyond where Retakka's body was in the entire scene.

3.specifically imparting force through heat and momentum.

Light can also exert force through the photophoretic effect, where preferential absorption of light on one side of an object leads to a temperature difference that causes the object to move

Yes indeed, light can generate a force. I remind you that the full relativistic formula for energy, mass, and momentum is E^2 = (m^2)(c^4) + p^2 . Although photons have no rest-mass, m, they do carry momentum p

1.there was only one instance of unrealism, which is the finger fire danmaku. Compared to the other 4 instances of normal reflection. the other 2 being this and this

2.if we don't remove all those cuts, close ups and edits, then we have problems. First problem, The beam is fired twice instead of once due to edits. Second problem, the beam takes pauses in between seconds and becomes faster or slower in close ups and edits. third problem, we'd have to assume the beam never went beyond where Retakka's body was in the entire scene.

3.specifically imparting force through heat and momentum.

Light can also exert force through the photophoretic effect, where preferential absorption of light on one side of an object leads to a temperature difference that causes the object to move

Yes indeed, light can generate a force. I remind you that the full relativistic formula for energy, mass, and momentum is E^2 = (m^2)(c^4) + p^2 . Although photons have no rest-mass, m, they do carry momentum p
There were numerous beams from BoBoiBoy that reflected unrealistically off Vargoba's shield, and they will still count

1. Obviously the edits where Supra fires the beam multiple times is dumb and just for show 2. Ok...? 3. For the most part, even though the beam did go beyond Retak'ka's body, he was still not that far from the end of the beam

There have been several CRTs for attacks to be upgraded to lightspeed or downgraded from lightspeed where users state that the attacks imparting physical force and causing explosions are part of criteria that results in the attacks being rejected from being as fast as light or realistic light. Idk whether what you have brought up here has been said before, but I'm just going off past experience

Last edited:
There were numerous beams from BoBoiBoy that reflected unrealistically off Vargoba's shield, and they will still count

1. Obviously the edits where Supra fires the beam multiple times is dumb and just for show 2. Ok...? 3. For the most part, even though the beam did go beyond Retak'ka's body, he was still not that far from the end of the beam

There have been several CRTs for lightspeed attacks with users stating that the attacks imparting physical force and causing explosions are part of criteria that results in them being rejected as being as fast as light and realistic light
1.Yes, but that only showcased itself once, the other 4 scenes were more realistic.

2.it went pretty far, the beam went off screen very far while an explosion occured where Retakka was while he was far away from the beam's end.

3. physical force from Mass =/= physical force from Momentum or heat. Someone can have the mass capable of shattering diamond with their grip strength but someone could increase the vibrations or the momentum of the molecules in diamond to the point that it breaks off of itself till nothing is left or by producing enough heat to cause the structural integrity of diamond to fail, causing it to fall apart, melt or turn back to carbon. Very different things.

1.Yes, but that only showcased itself once, the other 4 scenes were more realistic.

2.it went pretty far, the beam went off screen very far while an explosion occured where Retakka was while he was far away from the beam's end.

3. physical force from Mass =/= physical force from Momentum or heat. Someone can have the mass capable of shattering diamond with their grip strength but someone with even 99% less mass than the other could shatter diamond by just swinging a hammer or by producing enough heat to cause the structural integrity of diamond to fail, causing it to fall apart, melt or turn back to carbon. Very different things.
One time of it being unrealistic is still one time too many

That’s why I said “for the most part”. And it still doesn’t fully prove that the beam is as fast as light or realistic light

Eh, I’m just basing this off past discussions and CRTs and what current wiki criteria looks like. W/o further context, BBB’s attacks causing explosions and imparting physical force seems to be criteria for it not being realistic light.

Last edited:
One time is still one time too many

That’s why I said “for the most part”. And it still doesn’t fully prove that the beam is as fast as light or realistic light

There’s no explicit evidence that it’s one of the other, I’m just basing this off past CRTs and what current wiki criteria is like. W/o further context, BBB’s attacks causing explosions and imparting physical force seems to be criteria for it not being realistic light
1.its just one scene from one move compared to the other times he used light force which doesn't behave like finger danmaku.

2. there's only 2 types of light to determine, real or magic light, the latter is very unlikely. its close enough to be called that since we didn't see the full frame of the beam that went pass the moon.

3.causing explosions doesn't debunk anything, the wiki acknowledges radiation being able to do that. there a lot of ways of imparting physical forces, irl light could impart physical force despite being massless. it depends on context and in this context, it's via momentum and heat.

1.its just one scene from one move compared to the other times he used light force which doesn't behave like finger danmaku.

2. there's only 2 types of light to determine, real or magic light, the latter is very unlikely. its close enough to be called that since we didn't see the full frame of the beam that went pass the moon.

3.causing explosions doesn't debunk anything, the wiki acknowledges radiation being able to do that. there a lot of ways of imparting physical forces, irl light could impart physical force despite being massless. it depends on context and in this context, it's via momentum and heat.

And it's still basically the same kind of attack as all his others, just that it's shot multiple times

Whether it's magic or not does not discount the fact that if it does not show the real life properties of light, that means it's not realistic light and can't be used as Speed of Light

I am definitely not the best person to make the call on stuff like this, but from what I have seen, it is often stated that causing explosions is criteria for not being realistic light, so idk

Last edited:
And it's still basically the same kind of attack as all his others, just that it's shot multiple times

Whether it's magic or not does not discount the fact that if it does not show the real life properties of light, that means it's not realistic light and can't be used as Speed of Light

I am definitely not the best person to make the call on stuff like this, but from what I have seen, it is constantly stated that causing explosions is not criteria for being realistic light, so idk
let's see what others think first.

Back