• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same, I already discussed with the verse members and this seems fine to be implemented.
🗿

Anyway, and a lot of courage to post this, I'm Brazilian and at this moment it's 3:07 in the morning, so I can't keep up, but I'm curious to see how it will be when I wake up.

Already discussed in verse thread. Would wait for more opinions though.
Causality manipulation ( Power of God can make the past never exist ) just like Spiritual Divine Sword (Evansmana) can rewrote history, the power of god can make history(past) never exist
Not all gods do this. Just those whose order deals with time. Also if I remember correctly, this has to do with how the past can't be changed and is just type 1 Acausality.
Probability Manipulation ( God can control luck )
Fate Manipulation+ can bless others

lord help me

Plot manipulation is not applicable here. This section of the plot manipulation page is kind of important:

"Note that plot manipulation should not be listed just because a power is compared to a trope or otherwise metafiction is used as a metaphor."

Pretty much everything presented here in regards to the plot existing as a metafictional element is in fact a metaphor. There is nothing to suggest that the events of Maou Gakuin are literally plays being put on by the gods. As the second scan shows, this is more likely in reference to the 'transcendent' fate that gods possess; Their fate is absolute and cannot be overturned, so that fate overturns the fates of those beneath the gods ("If you try to change the past with magic, a supernatural force will work to prevent it. The order of this world, the laws of this world, or providence, they were embodied in Guardian God. The flow of time is unchangeable. God's meta-fate (transcendent fate) is absolute. Because that, fate cannot be overturned"), which is what is likely implied by the stage play metaphor.

Also the 'script of the world' statement is very vague and by itself does not indicate any sort of metafiction that characters can manipulate or be unbound from. It's just as likely to be about any sort of fate or universal system everything is bound to.

TL;DR: Based on the scans provided, this just really good fatehax for the gods, but it sure as hell isn't plothax.

EDIT: After talking with someone on Discord, I have learned that the specific term 'meta-fate' isn't even present in the official translations, so plot manipulation seems even more dubious now.

Plot Manipulation: Neutral

Seems like a Metaphor and Analogy. Waiting for more input.

Acausality: Agree with both types of options, perhaps aca 1 and aca 4 simultaneously is viable for God considering the scan saying god, in general, wouldn't be affected by Evansmana fate manip, and causality manip of rewriting and cutting history. (Eugo and Nousgalia still remember Anos identity despite everyone else other than god don't).

Yeah Casualty manipulation for time God only
Causality Manip: I agree if it's for Eugo only

Fate Manipulation+ can bless others
Was going to agree to Probability Manip, but you are right. Nousgalia uses the word fate than just chance or will to get to Aharthern.
Fate Manip perhaps is more suitable.

Gonna come back to this later, but nothing about the scans for plot hax is remotely enough for solid plot hax as it's just vague wording about the gods controlling the fate of others. Does there exist a literal script that the gods have for their worlds that they rewrite at a whim to change the settings and characters? The entire stage description is nothing but an extravagant way of explaining how the gods are equal to everyone with how they control the world, especially when this line is here

the world seems to be the stage of a theater for the gods

So it's not even literal that they're rewriting plots, just that it's metaphorical, so this is a hard no for me unless you have any literal showings of the script and the stage being a tangible thing they control as opposed to it being flowery language, which btw the Plot hax page specifically said that's not enough for the ability to be there.

Also don't know where type 4 acausality comes from here when the gods don't function on different rules of cause and effect from others here, at best this sounds like type 1 acausality, and that's assuming cutting fates result in paradoxes as opposed to just fate hax.

Where exactly is this causality hax and not just existence erasure? especially when he mentions erasing things prior to saying he'd erase the past? Just sounds more like EE than causality hax.

Don't care about the probability thing.

lord help me

Plot manipulation is not applicable here. This section of the plot manipulation page is kind of important:

"Note that plot manipulation should not be listed just because a power is compared to a trope or otherwise metafiction is used as a metaphor."

Pretty much everything presented here in regards to the plot existing as a metafictional element is in fact a metaphor. There is nothing to suggest that the events of Maou Gakuin are literally plays being put on by the gods. As the second scan shows, this is more likely in reference to the 'transcendent' fate that gods possess; Their fate is absolute and cannot be overturned, so that fate overturns the fates of those beneath the gods ("If you try to change the past with magic, a supernatural force will work to prevent it. The order of this world, the laws of this world, or providence, they were embodied in Guardian God. The flow of time is unchangeable. God's meta-fate (transcendent fate) is absolute. Because that, fate cannot be overturned"), which is what is likely implied by the stage play metaphor.

Also the 'script of the world' statement is very vague and by itself does not indicate any sort of metafiction that characters can manipulate or be unbound from. It's just as likely to be about any sort of fate or universal system everything is bound to.

TL;DR: Based on the scans provided, this just really good fatehax for the gods, but it sure as hell isn't plothax.

EDIT: After talking with someone on Discord, I have learned that the specific term 'meta-fate' isn't even present in the official translations, so plot manipulation seems even more dubious now.
No Order and fate are different. LMAO it Depends on verse how they display plot manipulation.

Seeing the context behind the whole stageplay stuff and the fact that instead of that being plot manip but instead referring to the god's indifference to the people, this evidence feels quite flimsy, especially as the other evidence provided is instead referring to fate being something absolute rather than literally being a script, so no on the Plot manip, don't really care abt the aca either way
Probability Manipulation ( God can control luck )
This wouldn't actually be probability manip, fate, or anything else of that sort really, just seems like power bestowal here

Gonna come back to this later, but nothing about the scans for plot hax is remotely enough for solid plot hax as it's just vague wording about the gods controlling the fate of others. Does there exist a literal script that the gods have for their worlds that they rewrite at a whim to change the settings and characters? The entire stage description is nothing but an extravagant way of explaining how the gods are equal to everyone with how they control the world, especially when this line is here
"All according to script of the world"

this literally shows there is a plot exist in the verse.
So it's not even literal that they're rewriting plots, just that it's metaphorical, so this is a hard no for me unless you have any literal showings of the script and the stage being a tangible thing they control as opposed to it being flowery language, which btw the Plot hax page specifically said that's not enough for the ability to be there.
You are missing the point that statement was made by Anos after learning that Gods viewing the Mortal world as a play
Also don't know where type 4 acausality comes from here when the gods don't function on different rules of cause and effect from others here, at best this sounds like type 1 acausality, and that's assuming cutting fates result in paradoxes as opposed to just fate hax.
They exist in a different set off rules from Mortals
Where exactly is this causality hax and not just existence erasure? especially when he mentions erasing things prior to saying he'd erase the past? Just sounds more like EE than causality hax.
Past can't be changed no matter what in Maoh Gakuin. Everything is kept as past.
Well I also don't care about that.

No Order and fate are different. LMAO it Depends on verse how they display plot manipulation.
Whatever order is, I have seen no evidence of it being plot manipulation beyond a very flimsy statement of there being a script that the world follows. A single mention of a script, even if taken 100% at face value, is not enough evidence of a metafictional element that dictates reality, let alone characters manipulating it. Even then, it could still just be referring to literally any other system which governs reality, whether that be fate, laws, information, concepts, 'meta-fate', or what have you. You need staggering amounts of evidence for plot manipulation, which I learned the hard way.

Seeing the context behind the whole stageplay stuff and the fact that instead of that being plot manip but instead referring to the god's indifference to the people, this evidence feels quite flimsy, especially as the other evidence provided is instead referring to fate being something absolute rather than literally being a script, so no on the Plot manip, don't really care abt the aca either way
No fate and Order both are different.
He has ruled this world for a long time. He turned the wheels of fate, presided over order, and forced us to struggle and despair. The world's reason was bent on destruction. Not all. But many of them were his handiwork. This battle, the war of 2,000 years ago, and many other conflicts are the result of a cog in the wheel of order.
He manipulated the order which is referring a as a script in the verse. Fate is derived as different.

Whatever order is, I have seen no evidence of it being plot manipulation beyond a very flimsy statement of there being a script that the world follows. A single mention of a script, even if taken 100% at face value, is not enough evidence of a metafictional element that dictates reality, let alone characters manipulating it. Even then, it could still just be referring to literally any other system which governs reality, whether that be fate, laws, information, concepts, 'meta-fate', or what have you. You need staggering amounts of evidence for plot manipulation,
  • EQUES literally calls order as script
  • Gods says Order is like a play & stage to them
  • Anos again compared order as plot
  • Many other examples already posted in the OP
You are saying one statement? Really. This is just Appeal to ignorance nothing less.
which I learned the hard way.
Just so someone disagreed with you doens't mean you have to go around and hate on other series upgrade.

After talking with someone on Discord, I have learned that the specific term 'meta-fate' isn't even present in the official translations, so plot manipulation seems even more dubious now.
時ノ流レハ変エラレヌ。神ノ定メタ運命ハ絶対ナリ
You can translate this again and again

lord help me

The theater things is just for the script. Is mean the world (theater) is follow the script (order). Like if you plays in theater you must follow the script. Dont separate them

lord help me

The main issue here stems from the fact you all think the gods are deciding the plot.
They don't decide it, evidenced from the scan where it says "order can't be changed" it's described as a flowing river. You might be able to divert the flow but you can't change the source.

The Plot manipulation is for order not the gods. Order itself is the plot so plot manipulation would only be for the chief god who is the order of the world itself.
The other gods are just the directors of the play. They can influence how the characters act but they cant change the script itself.

While the stuff about the theater might seem metaphorical, the one about the script clearly isn't though.

The scan with the meta-fate stuff shouldn't really have that (honestly don't know where it (meta-fate) came from) and its about how the past can't be changed

Neutral.
Here's more context about the script/plot of the world
門の奥、光輝いていたデルゾゲードとエーベラストアンゼッタの輪郭がみるみる縮小していき、それは人型を象り始める。

「だめ……」

ミーシャの声が響いた。

「戻りなさい……わたしの体でしょっ。言うことを聞きなさいっ……!」

サーシャが叫ぶも、しかし、彼女たちは神の姿へと変わっていく。

創造神ミリティアと破壊神アベルニユーへ。

『すべては世界の筋書き通り。デルゾゲードとエーベラストアンゼッタ。二つの城と融合すれば、それを取り返せると汝らは思ったのかもしれないが、それは私にとっても同じこと』

ゆっくりと二人の指先が動く。

ミーシャとサーシャは必死に抵抗しようとしているが、どうやらあちらの支配の方が幾分強いか。

『世界の歯車は、その神体に埋まっている。破壊神と創造神を奪い返そうとした彼女たちは、逆にその根源を奪われ、再び正しき秩序のしもべと化す』

ゆっくりと二人の指先にて、魔法陣が描かれていく。

<創造の月>と<破滅の太陽>めがけて。
Behind the gate, the shining outline of Delzogade and Eberlestein Anzetta shrinks rapidly, and it begins to resemble a human figure.

No. ......."

Misha's voice rang out.

Go back,......, it's my body. Listen to me ......!

Sasha cries out, but, however, the girls are transformed into their divine forms.

They become Militia, the Creator God, and Averniou, the Destroyer God.

'All according to the world's plot. Delzogade and Aberlast Anzetta. You may have thought that by merging with the two castles, you could take them back, but it is the same for me.

Slowly their fingertips move.

Misha and Sasha are trying desperately to resist, but it seems that their control is somewhat stronger.

The gears of the world are buried in the body of that god. They tried to take back the God of Destruction and the God of Creation, but they were robbed of their roots and turned into servants of the righteous order once again.

Slowly, a magic circle is drawn with their fingertips.

<Aimed at the Moon of Creation and the Sun of Doom.
Basically even Gods like Militia and Aberneyu are giving in since they cannot overcome to the script/plot that Eques planned for the world. Sorry for the bad MTL i'm busy and can't bring accurate translations rn.

Are you read all??? It is same like Spiritual divine sword
I've corrected you already. I proposed Limited acausality type 1 for the whole verse because of this. At best only the god of time would have causality manipulation/resistance to it based. This only has to do with how the past can't be changed.

Current misunderstandings
Those who disagree think that the gods manipulate the script based on how the OP worded the post.

What this revision actually affects;
  • Order itself in general(not any specific order) Becomes plot as well.​
  • The Chief God (who is the will of the world, the embodiment of the world's order is the only one who would get plot manipulation​
  • As described, the God's are merely the directors or observers of a play. They don't get plot manipulation (evidenced by the fact it's said "order is like a flowing river. You may divert the flow at the middle but you can't affect the source. Neither is it a gentle stream that can be stopped/ damned". In other words, order can't be changed. The gods may influence how the world moves but it's all still in the direction dictated by the script.​
  • The gods embody and are bound to order so all they get is unconventional resistance to plot manipulation along with the world's denizens.​
This is to avoid any misunderstandings that'll greatly cause issues in this CRT

Furthermore, I would like to draw our esteemed participants attention to this.
Plot Manipulation (Ugo displays a level of transcendence against Sinbad and Aladdin's Multiverse, viewing the whole thing as fiction. To put it in his words in comparison to him Sinbad is merely "a protagonist of the story" (due to higher gods influence) and he is "the author" (of that story). He even goes as far as to call himself "omnipotent" in comparison to Aladdin's World. There's also scenes where Aladdin himself who was in the Sacred Palace viewed the lower worlds by reading them in stories.)
This statement is even more metaphorical than what is used here. He's merely describing the difference between him and those below him. There is not one iteration of a script or plot in the story either, just normal fate manipulation.

Last edited:
Remove type 4 acc. It is type 1 with unconventional resistance to fate manipulation

Current misunderstandings
Those who disagree think that the gods manipulate the script based on how the OP worded the post.

What this revision actually affects;
  • Order itself in general(not any specific order) Becomes plot as well.​
  • The Chief God (who is the will of the world, the embodiment of the world's order is the only one who would get plot manipulation​
  • As described, the God's are merely the directors or observers of a play. They don't get plot manipulation (evidenced by the fact it's said "order is like a flowing river. You may divert the flow at the middle but you can't affect the source. Neither is it a gentle stream that can be stopped/ damned". In other words, order can't be changed. The gods may influence how the world moves but it's all still in the direction dictated by the script.​
  • The gods embody and are bound to order so all they get is unconventional resistance to plot manipulation along with the world's denizens.​
This is to avoid any misunderstandings that'll greatly cause issues in this CRT
On what basis is Order plot though? You have a scan saying it's a script, which can mean any number of things, not necessarily limited to plot. There's also the play scan, which could work, but you would need to prove that this is literally how the world functions and isn't metaphorical, which I have not seen proof of. You're just taking one very specific interpretation out of many and not explaining why that interpretation is the correct one.

Just so someone disagreed with you doens't mean you have to go around and hate on other series upgrade.
Not my intent. Just saying that even something as explicit as a character changing the genre their verse is isn't good enough for plothax, so you need some really strong evidence. Getting plothax isn't as easy as "look these guys mentioned a script and a play so it's meta, therefore plothax".

Neutral.

Basically even Gods like Militia and Aberneyu are giving in since they cannot overcome to the script/plot that Eques planned for the world. Sorry for the bad MTL i'm busy and can't bring accurate translations rn.
@Fixxed you should add this to your scan, try to get accurate translations if you can.

Not my intent. Just saying that even something as explicit as a character changing the genre their verse is isn't good enough for plothax, so you need some really strong evidence. Getting plothax isn't as easy as "look these guys mentioned a script and a play so it's meta, therefore plothax".
Not being rude but it is kinda disrespectful ignoring this post which literally explains otherwise to what you said

Smh I wouldnt comment but it was stronger than myself.

"Metafate" has nothing to do with plothax. You are taking the word far too literally here. We dont give plothax for people who manipulate the metaphysical, for example. It has meta in the word as you can see.

Besides...

Fan translations:

“Altering the flow of time is the absolute territory of the gods.”

“You cannot simply overturn fate.”

Official translations

“The flow of time is inalterable. The fate determined by the gods is absolute—that is why fate cannot be overturned."

Deepl:

The flow of time is unchangeable. God's predestined destiny is absolute.

So yeah...no mention of "meta-fate". Not only the official translations would have precedence anyway, but literally the other options also don't have it. Just further proof that it is actually not related to plothax.

Not being rude but it is kinda disrespectful ignoring this post which literally explains otherwise to what you said

I have already addressed this. What reason do I have to believe that these scans are being 100% literal and are in fact referring to a metafictional plot? To say that something is a script or play does not inherently translate to plot manipulation, and can be interpreted as many things, so what is the evidence of plot being the correct assumption?

I have already addressed this. What reason do I have to believe that these scans are being 100% literal and are in fact referring to a metafictional plot? To say that something is a script or play does not inherently translate to plot manipulation, and can be interpreted as many things, so what is the evidence of plot being the correct assumption?
Neutral.

Question, for you what is this?

Just for the "meta-fate", you could translate this again and again
神ノ定メタ運命ハ絶対ナリ

This word "メタ" have no meaning or anything else except "meta". I've translate and search the meaning of this word again and again but it remain same

Smh I wouldnt comment but it was stronger than myself.

"Metafate" has nothing to do with plothax. You are taking the word far too literally here. We dont give plothax for people who manipulate the metaphysical, for example. It has meta in the word as you can see.

Besides...

Fan translations:

Official translations

Deepl:

So yeah...no mention of "meta-fate". Not only the official translations would have precedence anyway, but literally the other options also don't have it. Just further proof that it is actually not related to plothax.
I've already told him multiple times to remove it. I also have that scan and mine definitely doesn't say "meta-fate". It shouldn't even be here as it has to do with their acausality type 1 and unconventional resistance to fate manipulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back