• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Updating Wikia Content (also known as U.W.C)

Just tried the two for a short bit. Looking at it, SeaGreen seems to be the clostest if not the right kind of shading we can have for links.

Just note that because it affects all links in general, everyones username links sans mines and the others of staff like Dragon and Prom will have theirs be of the same color as do those on all of everyones character pages.

Alrighty~

So since that is taken cared of or at least getting there, I do have something that I would like to know where anyone can help on which is this:

-Front Page:

• Gallery slideshow
  • Featured Characters (technically of another thread and in progress albeit slowly, but considering it's also front page related, it can at least be mentioned here again to remind everyone)
  • Wikia rules if there's any that's needed to be updated in any way whether it's in general or interaction with others and so on.
Basically, the front page is a start that I wish to know as to what we can do to improve it's contents of this Wikia.

Not surprised that something like this died out.....

Well then, bumping this for some kind of...notifying to others.

All in all, again, one of the things we gotta handle is the front page somewhat. Things like the rules section to images on both that of the slideshow and Feat. characters are in need of some major updates. Although the last one is supposed to have been completed if not nearly so but just hasn't been added in just yet (I'm not even going to bother ask this again if no one has any idea as to how far that's been completed or if it has died out as well), the slideshow is something we can possibly do as it doesn't have a lot much other than maybe doing something like adding new pics or adding a new slot in for another category (ex. on Vehicles). Rules are likely to be the hardest to deal with as it all depends on how we manage them on top of what may needs to be edited and what can be left as is.

So again, can I ask anyone here for those that have either commented here or may see this by chance or otherwise as to what can be done for the front page? Because there are also a lot of other things I may feel we should try to get into as well as making less threads for Wikia improvements, hence why I made this to serve also as a general Wikia content update gatherer.

Yeah, the Featured Characters stuff has died off...let me revive that.

Anyway, I don't have much of an opinion on the Front page. Adding new pics may work as it could "breath new life" for the front page. I think the rules should be on the front page. How we handle them? I have no clue.

@Dragon: Yeah the Feat. characters and slideshow is something we can do, definitely easy for the former if we can finally get that out of the way and the latter is too on it's own since we're dealing with less pics but its issue being more as to WHAT KIND of pic to use instead.

Rules, it all depends. It was brought up briefly here and there are times but since I have yet to truly look at it (then again, I always skip TF out of there so the next times I will have to seriously look into it later when I get the chance), there wasn't much to get into it here still.

Ah this seems pretty ded....again.

I think anymore of inactivity like this and I'm likely to just considering doing any sort of changes to the Wikia overtime on what I can do later or just talk it out with the staff here later on. So much for trying to go for the "get everyone's input" route...

@Perp: yes and that's exactly what makes me so utterly disappointed at everyone including myself. The fact that I thought there would be people here who could have tried to help me about or at least give me some good suggestions and yet nothing has come up as well as for me expecting anything good of here...makes me really feel dejected of this whole thing I made.

I am in fact considering just doing this on my own. People are still allowed to maybe question or just ask why this or that was put on or taken off of here, I'll just be like "if any of y'all had simply tried to give a little suggestion to me..."

All honesty, I am pretty salty about this and though I cannot say if most didn't care about this or any other reason, not one saying anything much since I first made this feels like I just wasted my own time as do a little of the others. Double that for even having highlighted this in the first time...

Well, I mean, this just means we think this place is good as is and we shouldn't change it.

CrossverseCrisis said:
I am in fact considering just doing this on my own

I not sure about that, but you still need to help as doing by yourself is not make you feel better.

Instead you will feel lonely and depressed.

I may a lone wolf IRL, but here we are still a community.

You forget that other people has their life and work to do. It is not like they help you all the time.

As for my suggestion, try to do a pre-writing first, then do a draft.

Then think on what you want to explain clearly.

DMUA said:
Well, I mean, this just means we think this place is good as is and we shouldn't change it.

Sometimes change is good, sometimes not.

If you get used to the change, then it should be fine.

Honestly what you and I say here will more akin to opinions.

My blunt and frank attitude as it is (while a bit out of control), I can handle a fight if needed.

Not even sure why you even you say of "handling" a fight but whatever. @Ender

If anyone had truly said something like, I wouldn't feel nor said what I said just now... @DMUA

CrossverseCrisis said:
Not even sure why you even you say of "handling" a fight but whatever. @Ender

If anyone had truly said something like, I wouldn't feel nor said what I said just now... @DMUA

That depends.

Another suggestion to build up and improve the wiki content page while remove parts that is just unneeded or just common sense to know it.

I don't even care anymore, man. I may just leave things as is and let someone else do this kind of work.

I would still do this HAD anyone give me a response. If it was something like I wanted, that works perfectly. if someone like DM or anyone said the above of "oh we're fine as is so you don't have to change whatever", that's fine cuz i'm reasonable enough to go along if evweryones alright with stuff. But having NO RESPONSE for weeks if next to a month close is something I cannot take.

Perhaps maybe people have other interests and/or are busy IRL and elsewhere, absolutely understandable. But even having no answer or response to stuff to me like this just doesn't sit well with me right (hell, that's one amongst many reasons I left VSBW and shit, but that's a story I'd rather not get into due to how it's now not worth getting into with them).

Anyways, I'm done here. Seems like no one has anything to do with here at all and if that's what people want, I can't change that then.

@Ender, Such effectively in place with the existence of this bugger as a thread.

@Cross, Though with what minutely was spit in this session of Wikia Managment, it'd be of the most glimmering of options to keep the trail going even if public turnout was of a less than anticipated measure in comparison to the topic at hand. Claim every mile that was stepped and to elsewhere with the ones that never were because it can leave a bitter taste if the end of a mind if all that is on it how much of a loss it was to do so.

'ell, a Brain Trust of Admins whenever possible is called of being "Yo'ed" to aid if all else is a tad on the shy side of the street to respond. To take pause and spit back and what barely even spat back is going to leave the ordeal seeming more loss than what it masks itself it be regarding it all. Response came of later notice due to issues of more digital effect.

@AKU: Okay then, you take care of this issue for me. The thing that PISSES. ME. OFF. SO. MUCH. IS. LACK. OF. RESPONSES.

That's why I, in some peoples eyes, "immaturely" close this was that and the fact that I have ZERO ******* IDEA as to what people want. What people may like to have and see. And what I can possibly do if they were to be brought up!

IDEK WTAF do I have to do in order to get some kind of ******* improvement around here anymore. Like what is it that people want here, THIS!!?!?!? If so, someone should have said it and I'd be absolutely cool with it. And that's a fact also becuz of someone saying something even if there was no change were to come up IF ONLY for of some time until something else gets brought up.

I get ABSOLUTELY ******* NOTHING for a time when I was calm and trying to get something from here. No response means I get less and less reasonable to deal with and more just frustrated. And that's how everyone sees me, just because THEY don't say ANYTHING sooner or something around that. Any kind of response works, no response doesn't.

Not to mention, I don't want to be like VSBW where some threads die out there and even get forgotten. This, I try not to for here but ends up getting there unless I say something or someone miraculously comes up to here or any other. Granted, that's pretty hypocritical when it comes to Vs debates here but then again, that's just it and more of here on me pointing to important revisions. But then, it just goes quiet for a time when I would liked to have it done sooner so we don't end up having to do it in like months or even a year later than what it would have been fine to deal with.

IDEK why i'm bothering here anyways other than to respond to this. I'm leaving rn for today and unfollowing this. If all of you want to do this at your pace, fine. That's alright with me. DK how you're going to plan shit out and manage shit with stuff like this. I'm officially over it rn with how I get from here and of everyone.

Bump

Ok. So, I feel like it should be noted in the rules somewhere about some of the banned powers discussed in the past (such as "absolute powers", mentioned in some thread somewhere, for example). It might be a good idea to get a ban list together if possible.

I'll pick up this thread. Any suggestions for theme and changes to the main page can be discussed here.

It may be best to remove the Featured User category, or at least change it, since Cross isn't a bureaucrat anymore and has left the site.

Promestein said:
I'll pick up this thread. Any suggestions for theme and changes to the main page can be discussed here.
Are you considering the suggestion I made right above this?

Yes, I am. It would be a good idea.

Promestein said:
It may be best to remove the Featured User category, or at least change it, since Cross isn't a bureaucrat anymore and has left the site.
Sorry I didn't see that earlier, late reply

Didn't see much point to it, since the staff page lists the Bureaucrats anyway, although it could be turned into something like what we were doing with the Featured Articles, though.

As much as the links are better now, I think it'd be better to make them a lighter shade of green.

If the Admins are okay with it, I'll experiment with link colours in personal CSS and post my findings here, or on your walls.

Promestein said:

Basically this since it is unneeded at this point.

We do still need a list or two to see on what we can improve on.

Back