• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Untouchable Hax Bastards (Alex Mercer vs Obito Uchiha)

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
Alex had no idea how he ended up in this forest since the last thing he could register was Heller consuming him but all he knew was that his Hunter Pulse was telling him that there were lots of people outside of the forest fighting each other for some reason but he wasn't too worried about that. No, what he's more concerned with are the 7 people approaching him at high speeds with 6 of them having really strange Bio-Readings that don't make sense. As he looked up at the Humans, he noticed their strange attire and features, especially the one in the mask who appears to be their leader. Instead of waiting for them to attack, he decided to unleash the Virus now to avoid a pointless confrontation. Unfortunately for Mercer, Obito isn't about to allow any sneak attacks from his strange Red Fog and this is what allows him to notice the Cellular Structure of the surrounding vegetation to change realizing that he shouldn't let this stuff touch him at all and possibly not even this strange man in case he can do that on contact. Moving out of the Fog, he begins his assault as Mercer notices that none of it actually touched him despite being on him and thus prepares himself for an actual confrontation.

TL;DR Obito knows about the Gas Attack and is partially aware of the fact that Mercer can end him by touching him. Alex is now aware of Obito's Intangibility and Time Limit (I have no excuse for how he knows how long it is though) but not how it works and knows that the Edo Tensei's Physiology isn't normal.

Speed Equalized and the fight takes place in the forest that Naruto and Bee encountered Obito in. White Mask Obito is being used as well as the fact that he and his Jinchūriki start at High 7-A but can use all of their Abilities, Transformations and Tiers. This is End-Game P2 Mercer after he consumed the Evolved.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Alex_Mercer : 7

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Obito_Uchiha : 8

Incon:

Last edited:
My fun was effectively murdered on Discord so I'm just gonna say **** it and give both of them Prior Knowledge on everything.

my money is honestly on obito here with his edo tailed beasts he could take alex of gaurd while using the tailed beasts to stop mercer from touching him and teleport him to the kamui realm
of course its not gonna be a 100% chance of victory but more so a 60% cause mercer could still touch him in all of that mess but its more likely that obito would just BFR him
obito 6/10 times
if there are no edo summons then mercer 8/10 he either outlives obito or gets of an absorption while obito tries to BFR mercer

my money is honestly on obito here with his edo tailed beasts he could take alex of gaurd while using the tailed beasts to stop mercer from touching him and teleport him to the kamui realm
of course its not gonna be a 100% chance of victory but more so a 60% cause mercer could still touch him in all of that mess but its more likely that obito would just BFR him
obito 6/10 times
if there are no edo summons then mercer 8/10 he either outlives obito or gets of an absorption while obito tries to BFR mercer
Obito can’t BFR Mercer without touching him if I recall correctly (since Obito only has the short-range Kamui in this key), and doing so would just as likely get Obito absorbed as Mercer would getting BFRed. Obito isn’t stupid enough to take such a risk with prior knowledge under these conditions, especially since Mercer would also know about the Kamui BFR via touch - and with Type 2 Immortality and sheer inhuman physiology that Mercer has, Obito will never take that risk even with Mercer being reduced to splatters of biomass, as Mercer has been shown to operate even with internal organs such as the brain not being intact (along with being capable of absorbing a target via touch even while he’s reduced to just drops of liquid biomass. That absorbed crow can vouch for that). It wouldn’t be a 60/40 in Obito’s favour for the touch-based hax via BFR, it would be 50/50 since Mercer’s own touch can cause touch-based hax via Absorption to occur practically instantaneously.

And with prior knowledge over EVERY one of Obito’s capabilities and limitations (and vice versa), there’s no way Mercer is letting Obito get close, Mercer will spam gasses every time to keep Obito in his intangible state each time.

To be honest, Obito would be a bit more likely to achieve a win condition if he sacrifices his Edo Jinchuuriki to utilise his Rinnegan, but he could also be more simultaneously vulnerable since Obito would be left with no minions to keep Mercer at a distance while he’s in an intangible state in the meantime (thus allowing Mercer to close the distance and keep on spamming gasses without any minions to continuously keep Mercer seperate from Obito), which will force Obito to phase through the ground and keep on moving around continuously to avoid Mercer’s gasses. Obito will never be able to get close to Mercer to perform the Kamui BFR under these conditions.

Although it’s nice to know that outliving is a win condition that’s used for rarer cases such as this, since Obito has little options to retaliate if Mercer intends to stall until Obito withers away with age. XD

Anyways, under these conditions, as long as Mercer keeps on using Hunting (or Viral Sonar) to track down Obito’s corporeal form, he could keep on pestering Obito into becoming intangible to move around each time so that Obito doesn’t use the time needed to achieve his own win conditions outside of Kamui (which takes some preparation time if I recall correctly, and it’s not easy to do those if something deadly keeps on pestering you with lethal attacks that you have to avoid to escape death via Intangibility), so I personally think Mercer will win via outliving as long as Mercer keeps on being stubborn and persistent (which he definitely will because of… Prior Knowlege).

Last edited:
I’ve watched some of the scenes of Obito using Kamui, and he does indeed not need to touch his targets to BFR them with Kamui, since he did it to at least 2 different targets in different times (the rest he touches them for some reason).

However, that won’t matter because every scene Obito BFRs with Kamui that I’m aware of, he only does so when he’s near his target (2-3 meters away from him) since he lacks the long-range Kamui that Kakashi has, and so BFR wouldn’t happen under the conditions of this matchup because Mercer will be constantly spreading infected gasses everywhere as Mercer will be aware with prior knowledge that not allowing Obito to get close is one of the only chances he gets to winning. And if I recall correctly, Obito can’t use his Kamui Teleportation/BFR or use any Jutsu effectively while his Intangibility is active, so unless Obito wants to get infected, he will never get the opportunity to achieve BFR as a win condition with Kamui.

Mercer can still outlive Obito under these conditions.

Obito will not try to attempt kamui or anything close range if he knows that mercer can end him with a touch. How far can mercer spread these gasses? Since obito's range is thousands of kilometers with range attacks (you can look on his profile). Also he can go into the kamui dimension then return to the real world but out of range for mercer, So if he does attack with one of his ranged attacks mercer wont see it coming. Obito can also use the chains to restrict mercer and then attack from long range, How about the black receivers? It immobilizes the target. Also obito can use the deva path so obito can use shinra tensei if mercer does get close. Also I know alex mercer has mind manipulation resistance but is it as potent as obito's genjutsu which is one of the best in the verse as it was able to trap a perfect jinchuriki even though bee states that being a perfect jinchuriki gives you resistance to genjutsu.

Mercer is capable of spreading gasses that has infected everyone in Penn Station, so somewhere around a few hundred meters or so at least. However, Mercer can potentially unleash a Tendril Barrage Devastators that can reach throughout an entire city based on the biomass Heller gained from absorbing him, so he has Tens of Kilometres of range with tendrils if needed.

Admittedly, Obito does outrange him with his longest ranged attacks, but Obito’s range varies several dozen meters to thousand kilometres based on his profile, which implies that only some of Obito’s attacks are thousands of kilometres and not all of them.

Obito can use Kamui to teleport, yes, but that doesn’t help much to prevent him being outlived. Obito has little options of permanently taking down Mercer outside of Kamui BFR at a ranged distance (as Mercer will keep regenerating from basically every attacks). If Obito decides to play the range game, then Mercer will just continue to infect his environments and then eventually have the Evolved as a part of his army upon infecting random humans in the environment that he can send against Obito as distractions. The Evolved can’t really do much on their own since basically they lack the hax needed (unlike Mercer himself) to overcome the AP difference Obito has, but them bleeding on Obito could cause him to get infected via their blood entering his pre-existent injuries or his mouth through the holes in his mask (e.g. accidentally ingesting the blood) and possessing similar regenerative abilities to Mercer will also mean that Obito would have to resort to using one of his incapacitation methods to take them down permanently (and waste time while doing so), so Obito will definitely be either trying to avoid them (but can leave himself vulnerable to being distracted by them later) or be forced to divert his attention to them while Mercer does his own thing. If Obito decides to play the long game, then Mercer will also eventually be able to play the long game by using the Evolved to distract Obito and then Shapeshift into some random human he absorbed and have Obito basically be looking at a needle in the haystack trying to find Mercer as well (and since Mercer should logically not have chakra, tracking him down through sensing chakra signatures isn’t exactly plausible), until Obito eventually withers away from old age.

Alex Mercer does not have chakra (and so does not have any chakra points such as tenketsu), so the Black Receivers will not be effective against him. Even assuming Alex Mercer has chakra (which he did not as he is neither human or a living being, he is a virus. He also lacks a soul based on his profile, and Chakra is about the combination of physical and spiritual energies, so Alex shouldn’t have chakra since he lacks the latter component and also does not use any type of energy within his body to fuel his abilities anyways) or that it somehow works anyways, Mercer can either possibly absorb the Black Rods due to them being physical (and thus can be physically interacted with) or he can turn his entire body into Tendrils and slime his way out of the Black Rods with his Shapeshifting (and considering that Mercer has control over his entire body at the genetic/molecular level, it should not be implausible for him to do).

As for the various chakra chains, it will be similar case with the Black Receivers, which is Mercer either absorbs them or uses his Shapeshifting to shapeshift his entire body into a pile of tendrils (which he does basically every time he tries to shapeshift into something) to slime his way out of the chains restraining him.

Obito could use the Rinnegan’s Shinra Tensei from the Deva Path to push Mercer back, but again, that’s only delaying the inevitable in one way or another, and that will only tire Obito out if he slams it too often as Rinnegan abilities take a humongous amounts of Chakra to use (to the point that even someone like Nagato, a descendant from the Uzumaki clan, can’t spam them willy nilly), so Obito will only be shooting himself in the foot if he wastes a lot of chakra to push Mercer back via Deva Path too much - and Obito would need to sacrifice his Edo Jinchuuriki to utilise his Rinnegan abilities as well as it also takes a monstrous amounts of Chakra for Obito to keep the Edo Jinchuuriki under his control I recall correctly, so he’s not going to be able to pop out his Rinnegan abilities until he sacrifices his Edo Jinchuuriki.

Alex Mercer has Mind Resistance that allows him to resist mindhax that affected millions of people (Elizabeth Greene’s Mind Manipulation over her infected). If I’ve recalled correctly, the best mind hax that isn’t Infinite Tsukuyomi in Naruto has only around several hundreds of minds being affected or, at the absolute best, a few thousands. Even with Infinite Tsukuyomi, we don’t know the world population of Naruto (doesn’t help that the population amount was never mentioned), so several thousands is the best I could glimpse until shown otherwise (though not like that matters since Infinite Tsukuyomi is not relevant in this matchup).

Unless the Naruto universe has mindhax that can affect millions of people, it wouldn’t matter what Mindhax or mindhax resistance some of the Naruto characters scales up to (as the potency of Mind Manipulation and resistance to it is completely determined on the sheer volumes of minds affected in this site), Mercer will just resist every Genjutsu or mindhax sent his way base on the sheer numbers of the mindhax he resisted alone, so it is very unlikely Obito will get anywhere with Genjutsu.

Last edited:
Tens of kilometers is alright but like I said obito's range is in the thousands range of kilometers.

Yeah only a few of obito's attacks are that huge ranged but he has high 7-A AP and with the shurikens 6-C, I know alex mercer has some pretty potent regen but I'm assuming the gap between High 7-A to Low 7-C is enough to bypass that, If not then hopefully 6-C.

It is written in the wiki rules that outside sources are not allowed, Therefore merce wouldn't have any humans to infect.

Can I see mercer shapeshifting into something smaller to get out of a restrain? I'm not denying it but I've never played prototype and in his profile all I could see for his shapeshifting is transforming to other people.

Yeah the rinnegan takes a toll on him but I wasn't proposing deva path as him spamming stuff, I'm saying if mercer gets too close and he has nothing he can use he can use the deva path for a short amount of time. Also sacrificing the junchiriki's?I dont see how they need to be sacrificed as they can just shoot out bijuu damas that when it explodes, is larger than a mountain so unless mercer can travel that amount of distance in a short time I dont see how he's avoiding bijuu damas especially from every one of them. also all the bijuus are 6-C.

Oof, Yeah I did not know alex mercer's mind resistance is that high, in that case he resists obito's genjutsu then.

Also I think you're kinda underestimating how skilled obito is, I dont know how skilled mercer is but obito is able to fight three people who are very skilled on their own and be able to switch through being intangible and tangible in a short amount of time, He fought might guy, kakashi and naruto all at the same time, Might guy being mr taijutsu god, Naruto who's skilled by himself and kakashi who's not only skilled but also has his own kamui and he was able to not get hit by them by being intangible while also being able to attack at the same time.

Also does mercer spam those gasses you were talking about earlier? Cause the OP only said that mercer knew about obito being intangible and its time limit, mercer doesn't know obito can BFR him if he's close enough, If mercer doesn't avoid H2H combat then I dont see how obito can't kamui him (if he doesn't spam those gasses you were talking about earlier)

I mean, I did admit that Obito outranges with his longest-ranged attacks, but that doesn’t prevent the factor of Mercer wining via outliving Obito.

As for overcoming Regeneration, Obito (or any of the other Naruto characters) will need to explicitly show feats of being able to atomise characters with superhuman durability via sheer AP for him to AP atomise Mercer, and I don’t recall that happening in the Naruto universe from what I can recall. Mercer has Mid-High Regeneration, and the CRT that upgraded Mercer’s regeneration includes Vapourisation, so Mercer should be able to regenerate from vapourisation. There was already a matchup that pitted Mercer against a 5-A character, and it actually ended up being arguable due to lack of explicit feats of atomising superhuman characters with sheer AP, so unless the Naruto universe was shown to be able to reduce a superhuman character to atoms through sheer AP like the Dragon Ball characters (e.g. Buu dying to the Spirit Bomb because the sheer AP atomised him), Mercer’s regeneration can’t be overcome that easily with AP.

As for outside influence, Standard Battle Assumptions says this:

Outside Influence: None. No characters of either verse, aside from those participating in the battle, may influence the outcome of the battle in any way. That means they may not join the fight, grant buffs, create shields, provide information etc. Exceptions are things like blessings, calling upon some higher entities power for a spell, summoning familiars to battle for them, having another character as equipment or more generally spoken the things which are listed on the profile as part of a characters own powers and abilities”.

Characters can have exceptions of using outside influence as long as it’s explicitly listed in their profiles as part of their abilities. Alex Mercer summoning and creating Blacklight beings are listed as part of his own Powers and Abilities in his profile, and we have matchups such as The Thing (John Carpenter) using humans in the environment every time as well since using humans such an essential part of their abilities. In Mercer’s case, he has summoning and creating creatures listed in his profile, so he should be allowed to use humans in the background (as they help facilitate his summoning/creation of creatures) via being an exception to outside influence rules.

As for Shapeshifting into something smaller, it’s more of the fact that he shapeshifts into a pile of tendrils every time he shapeshifts into anything, and all biomasses Mercer possesses also includes blood and water from his victims bodies (and his tendrils appear to look slimy as a result). It’s like how enough lubricant or sliminess can allow you to slip out of a constraint like a ring on your finger, or the handcuffs when the hands are smaller than the wrist (or just simply positioned right). Mercer’s Shapeshifting isn’t just limited to Shapeshifting to other people, his Shapeshifting is also literally what almost his entire power set his derived from (his arms Shapeshifting into various offensive weapons, his arms into Shields, his entire body to form armour, his tendrils, him using Devastators, etc.). This link here explains that Mercer can manipulate his entire body (and in Prototype 2, he was shown to be able to manipulate all traces of the targets that is infected by the Blacklight Virus, thus also manipulate all traces of himself by extension as he is the Blacklight Virus itself) at the genetic/molecular level, and it should not be implausible for him to do such, especially when Mercer has prior knowledge that allows him to use his Shapeshifting to escape restraint when he knows being restrained for too long could lead to his defeat. Prior knowledge can change a lot of things.

Fair point for only using Deva Path to push Mercer back for a small time if Obito has no other options, but like you said it takes a toll on him, so all he can do is delay the inevitable using it. While it’s possible for Obito to keep up not being absorbed or infected for his entire lifetime, he still has a lifespan (unlike Mercer) and can still die of old age, which allows Mercer to win that way. As for sacrificing his Edo Jinchuuriki, that’s so he can use his Rinnegan abilities, and I recall that using both Edo Jinchuuriki and Rinnegan is too costly when combined, so using Deva Path and such that you’ve mentioned wouldn’t seem plausible as long as Obito still has Edo Jinchuuriki draining away his chakra to command them.

Yeah, the Prototype mindhax thing and the resistances to it has surprisingly high numbers with surprisingly decent applications of Mind Manipulation. XD

My intention isn’t to underestimate Obito’s skills, so it’s my mistake if I accidentally give off such vibes. Obito does have the skills to fight multiple powerful targets with various abilities, yes, but I’m not speaking of Mercer joining the fight in the long game I’ve mentioned, I’ve mentioned that Mercer will send the Evolved after Obito as distractions and then disguise as some other random human since prior knowledge allows Mercer to know that he can outlive Obito when it comes down to it. Basically, think of it as by the time Obito deals with the Evolved: “I am finally done with those monstrosities with strange fleshy abilities… Wait, where did that man in the hood go?”.

I mean, Obito has shown he can fight multiple opponents at once, but has he shown that he can fight multiple opponents at once AND look at targets at a great distance (possibly kilometres away) at the same time?
With how Obito can’t use his other Kamui abilities or use any of his Jutsus properly (thus likely being unable to use his Mangekyou Sharingan’s long distance visual prowess) while his Intangibility is active, it’s not unlikely for Obito to get his attention diverted away from Mercer by the Evolved enough to use his Shapeshifting to hide away, especially since Mercer is skilled enough to evade an entire military organisation with massive support from the Government such as Blackwatch (the U.S military are basically forced to obey them, along with Blackwatch being such an influential organisation that they have the authority to track people down via cameras, phones, and such) actively chasing him down with his Shapeshifting, and Blackwatch knows about his Shapeshifting beforehand. It’s why a skill called “Patsy” exists within Prototype, where Blackwatch has such prior knowledge of Mercer’s Shapeshifting that they will open fire on anyone who is accused of being him (which Mercer uses their paranoia to their advantage). If Mercer is skilled enough to use his Shapeshifting to escape being hunted down in near plain sight, and deceive entire groups of said people with prior knowledge over his Shapeshifting actively hunting him down through his disguise and the memories/skills of his targets that he has absorbed, it shouldn’t be impossible for him to do so while Obito is being distracted fighting and dealing with multiple Evolved at the same time.

As for Mercer spamming gasses, he uses gasses to infect anyone or anything that isn’t already infected, and literally has a goal of infecting all of Humanity in Prototype 2, so there’s no reasons to suggests he won’t spam them when he’s also given prior knowledge over Obito (and the knowledge he gains suggests that he can’t let Obito get close without risking getting BFRed, which is where his gasses comes in to help prevent such).
For prior knowledge, the OP also replied later stating that both Mercer and Obito has prior knowledge over each other’s everything, which means Mercer will know about Obito’s Kamui BFR as well.

Last edited:
Alright, 5-A AP won't cut, AP isn't viable here here then.

I could've swore that there was one matchup where the argument of mercer absorbing random citizens was brought up and it was deemed not viable due to rules, also absorption is there for his key for absorbing his actual opponent not random civilians. Also what the "except for things in the character's profile" thing is just for summoning, Mercer doesn't summon the humans. nor are they there cause of his own powers. I can ask it in the Q and A board.

Alright he can break out of being restrained fair enough.

It takes a toll on him yes, but he can still use it multiple times, its not like he uses it a few dozens of times and he's done for. His stamina is listed as very high.
Also I guess its too late to ask at this point but can mercer absorb anything? Like anything? Cause obito is way above mercer in stats. Also will it take a long time? If so then obito can possibly bfr before his absorption finishes.

Also yeah, If obito uses the tailed beasts to attack mercer with bijuu damas and he just survive he'll stop using them most likely. Which means he can use his other stuff freely.

I'm sorry if I also sounded like I was trying to say you're underestimating him, My bad I should've worded it way better, What I meant was that it wasn't being talked about.

Again I think the evolved and the humans aren't part of battles, But if we dont come to a conclusion I can Q and A it if ya want.

I didn't see the OP saying they have knowledge on anything can you link the comment (sorry if this sounds rude), Also In the scenario the OP wrote out mercer might not even attempt to release the gas, Once he gets the idea that obito isn't a regular human and has supernatural capabilities he might just go for CQC or absorbing, And obito should be able to repel the gas with his gubai (which is like a giant fan) unless the gas infects people in contact and not through inhaling the gas

Obito can also levitate, and can create iillusionary clones, Which could keep mercer busy so he can kamui him

Alright, 5-A AP won't cut, AP isn't viable here here then.

I could've swore that there was one matchup where the argument of mercer absorbing random citizens was brought up and it was deemed not viable due to rules, also absorption is there for his key for absorbing his actual opponent not random civilians. Also what the "except for things in the character's profile" thing is just for summoning, Mercer doesn't summon the humans. nor are they there cause of his own powers. I can ask it in the Q and A board.

Alright he can break out of being restrained fair enough.

It takes a toll on him yes, but he can still use it multiple times, its not like he uses it a few dozens of times and he's done for. His stamina is listed as very high.
Also I guess its too late to ask at this point but can mercer absorb anything? Like anything? Cause obito is way above mercer in stats. Also will it take a long time? If so then obito can possibly bfr before his absorption finishes.

Also yeah, If obito uses the tailed beasts to attack mercer with bijuu damas and he just survive he'll stop using them most likely. Which means he can use his other stuff freely.

I'm sorry if I also sounded like I was trying to say you're underestimating him, My bad I should've worded it way better, What I meant was that it wasn't being talked about.

Again I think the evolved and the humans aren't part of battles, But if we dont come to a conclusion I can Q and A it if ya want.

I didn't see the OP saying they have knowledge on anything can you link the comment (sorry if this sounds rude), Also In the scenario the OP wrote out mercer might not even attempt to release the gas, Once he gets the idea that obito isn't a regular human and has supernatural capabilities he might just go for CQC or absorbing, And obito should be able to repel the gas with his gubai (which is like a giant fan) unless the gas infects people in contact and not through inhaling the gas

Obito can also levitate, and can create iillusionary clones, Which could keep mercer busy so he can kamui him
I think that matchup where Mercer using humans being invalidated was a long time ago, so who knows how much things have changed since then, and I don’t think it was pointed out that summoning/creating creatures are a part of a character’s abilities like Mercer’s is. Either way, if The Thing (John Carpenter) can use humans in the background, then I don’t see why Mercer can’t when it’s a essential part of his abilities that he is known for.

Obito’s stamina is listed as “vey high”, but it has not mentioned how often he can use his attacks or how long he can last. And yes, he can use it multiple times, but he can’t use it forever, which is the point. Sooner or later, Obito spamming his Rinnegan abilities too much will catch up to him, and it doesn’t help that Obito doesn’t have Uzumaki chakra reserves like Nagato does.

Yes, Mercer can absorb both organic and inorganic matter. He can absorb organic matter such as the biomass of living beings (like humans and animals), and he can absorb inorganic matter such as military clothing, the metals in military clothing, electronic devices such as radio (and being able to replicate and use them with his Shapeshifting), and even being able to mimic the properties of inorganic materials he has absorbed, which is shown when James Heller was able to shapeshift into a person with a hazmat suit to avoid getting damaged (which implies that the protective properties against hazardous effects such as a Hazmat Suit’s is replicated) by Bloodtox (which causes necrosis on Infected beings such as Mercer, although Mercer has already adapted to it long ago), which Mercer scales to due to being the one that gave Heller all his powers in the first place. When Mercer absorbs inorganic matter, they are immediately converted to biomass that seeps into his body for his absorption.
However, when absorbing inorganic matter, Mercer does not benefit from absorbing them, as he doesn’t gain memories from them or get stronger or anything. Logically, that type of Absorption bypasses conventional durability/defences, and Mercer doesn’t need to weaken his targets to absorb them like the common misinterpretation suggests as he has shown in a couple of instances where he can absorb targets without needing to weaken them (or beat them down) just by touching them.

As for how long the absorption takes, it’s basically near instantaneous. In the Prototype 1 comics, Mercer was shown to absorb a person within the timeframe of 2 comic pages (in one comic page, the person’s biomass was ripped over to Mercer mid-process being shown and in the other page after that, Mercer has already became the Janitor). I think it’s basically a similar timeframe for how fast Kamui BFR occurs, so if Obito tries to BFR Mercer at the same time Mercer initiates his Absorption, Obito will either be already absorbed while Mercer is BFRed to the Kamui dimension or Obito will be left with most of his biomass (his face, and likely mani of his vital organs) missing and would probably end up dying anyways. If you scroll down to the janitor part of the Prototype 1 comic section (Issue 5 of Prototype 1 comics), you can see for yourself for how quick the absorption process is.

I personally think Evolved and humans in the background should be a part of the battle as it’s literally essential part of Mercer’s abilities (just like how Obito is allowed to use his Edo Jinchuuriki in this battle, because it’s listed in his profile), but sure, you can ask in the Q&A board if you want to. Just make sure to specify in your question that a character has summoning/creating creatures listed in their profile, and that using humans in the background is essential for the summoning/creating creatures to work effectively.

You can see the link to the OP’s reply here, on the third reply, and they said that both of the characters has prior knowledge over everything.

Obito could possibly levitate with the clones and use illusionary clones, but that wouldn’t help prevent the factor of Mercer outliving him nor would it help Obito get close. Obito’s illusionary clones wouldn’t be able to get close Mercer as they are still physical, so Mercer’s gasses will be able to infect them and then cause them to dissipate. And the Genjutsu from the illusionary clones won’t work as Mercer also resists Genjutsu. Also, if Obito levitates directly above Mercer, he could risk getting himself infected as gasses by nature moves upwards (which is why you see smoke hovering upwards to the sky), so I doubt he would remain upwards in the air for too long.

In Prototype, the Redlight Virus is capable of infecting entire buildings, and the Blacklight Virus is an off-shoot of the Redlight Virus that is created to be superior (so Mercer’s Blacklight Virus scales to Elizabeth Greene’s feat of infecting entire buildings) and by the second game, Mercer is able to infect all molecules of the target and control all traces of them at the molecular level like what he did to Whitelight (which is a inorganic liquid chemical designed to cure Blacklight Virus if I recall correctly. Obviously, it failed as a cure as Mercer infected it anyways), so it’s not implausible for the gasses to infect the illusionary clones since they appear to be physical as well (and clones in the Naruto universe can be physically interacted with if I recall correctly). With the illusionary clones not even working, Obito can’t get close to use Kamui BFR, and it’s not like Obito would want to risk that anyways since there will still be gasses around that Mercer will be spamming.

The OP mentioned that both characters have prior knowledge over everything, and with prior knowledge, Mercer will know gasses would work on Obito as long as Obito doesn’t avoid it with his Intangibility, so there’s no way that Mercer wouldn’t be using it if he knows that it’s one of the only ways for Mercer to keep Obito from getting close enough for the Kamui BFR. Mercer getting the idea that Obito is superhuman and has supernatural capabilities doesn’t mean Obito won’t get sick by the gasses, and gasses would work on getting Obito infected as Blacklight infects all traces of the target at the molecular level, especially since Mercer knows it would work via prior knowledge.

While it’s true the fight takes place in the process, nothing says that the characters can’t move to other areas, especially since we know what the location is (which take place in the Naruto world). It’s the location the two characters start off at, but they doesn’t mean they can’t move elsewhere. If Obito can Kamui teleport elsewhere, there’s nothing saying that Mercer can’t move elsewhere either.

This is what SBA says:

Location: Central Park, New York City. The location can be left during the course of battle. If extreme advantages are generated via this location to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread.”.

So yeah, any of the characters of the matchup can leave the location during the course of the battle once the fight starts.

Last edited:
Yeah fair enough I dont really look at how old threads are when I read them.

Yeah I wasn't saying obito can use it forever, I'm saying he can use it as a get out of jail kinda card, And it wasn't really a main point it was just a supporting point on why mercer would have a hard time absorbing obito along with skill and kamui.

When I meant anything I meant people like obito who's above mercer in stats. Also can you send clips of him absorbing people stronger than him without weakening them cause thats a pretty popular point people bring up.

Yeah Imma just Q and A it.

I actually don't rememebr what got obito illusionary clones but I dont think it is physical since it is illusionary, And illusionary means it is an illusion and I dont think its from the sharingan either cause if it is it'd be mentioned in the sharingan portion.

I dont see summoning on mercer's profile, And it being on his profile needs context, If his absorption is in his profile that doesn't mean he'll have people to absorb it with, He has it in his profile cause it can be used on the opponent themselves directly not using it on civilians which is outside source.

Oof, Yeah I missed that comment.

Obito's illusionary clones are different from naruto's kage bunshin jutsu since naruto's kage bunshin isn't listed as illusionary.

I for one think that that's a false equivalence. Obito teleports to the kamui through his own ability, He uses his own energy, His own chakra and he can use it due to his own eyes, Alex mercer doesn't create the people he'll absorb, Neither are they there cause of him, they are there just cause they are there.

Yes, Obito can escape with his intangibility, which can allow him to avoid many of Mercer’s attacks, but he himself can’t do anything while his intangible and he only has a 5 minutes duration that he shouldn’t let reach without risking himself losing access to his intangibility for a while. Most of my main point is about Mercer outliving him, so absorption or infection being evaded by Obito via intangibility, while would make it difficult for Mercer, it doesn’t stop Mercer from just waiting for Obito to die out of old age while hidden elsewhere and winning that way.

In the janitor scene of Prototype 1 comics, we see Mercer absorbing that janitor via touch without needing to weaken that janitor (or beat him down) or anything. In the end of Prototype 2, we literally see Mercer absorbing 8 Evolved (who are powerful Infected beings in the Prototype series) simultaneously, and he does not need to weaken them or beat them down or anything. Mercer’s absorption isn’t based on stats, and the Infected beings that needs to be beaten down in the game are beings that can resist Mercer’s absorption such as Leader Hunters, whom can resist Mercer’s absorption and requires having both its backs broken to become vulnerable to being absorbed. In the Prototype 1 comics (which takes place before the end of Prototype 1) and Prototype 2, we see Mercer absorbing his victims without needing to weaken them or anything simply by just touching them first. Unless Mercer is dealing with characters that has resistance to Absorption like those infected beings I’ve mentioned, Mercer doesn’t need to weaken them to absorb them, so it’s not the case of stats being why Mercer needs to weaken targets for absorption, it’s the case that they have resistance to Absorption is why he does so.

Yeah, you can go ahead and Q&A it if you want to.

Summoning and creating Blacklight Infected is already listed in Mercer’s profile, you can see it in the “Can summon and create Blacklight beings” bit, with a hyperlink on the “summon” word. It does need some context, yeah, so Mercer’s profile will need to be worked on later in that regard, but summoning and creating is definitely listed in Mercer’s profile and so Mercer should still be allowed to summon and create Blacklight beings with it (which will involve humans while doing so). As for Absorption being outside source: I mean, The Thing (John Carpenter) has matchups that do that all the time, and those are valid enough to be added to the character’s profile, and at least Mercer has summoning/creating beings listed in his profile (unlike The Thing).

In the Naruto universe, illusionary clones needs to jump on targets to put Genjutsu on them though, and that implies they can physically be interacted with. I’m not sure which illusionary clowns you’re referring to, but the one I’m looking at is the one that’s about users creating clones that looks for targets and then the clones jump on targets to put them in Genjutsu once the target is found.

Well, yes, but the Edo Jinchuuriki isn’t his either (they’re not his eyes, his chakra or a part of his body or equipment), they’re just simply beings he has summoned and commanded prior, but he still can use them in this key as they’re listed in his profile. Mercer has summoning and creating beings listed in his profile as well, it just that the mechanics requires humans in the environment for it to be effective.

Last edited:
yeah I shoulda clarified, I was also using that argument to get my point out that obito should have no trouble dodging mercer.

I dont think the janitor example was pretty good tbh since its a fodder dude compared to obito but the other two are valid that mercer's absorption will work but again kamui.

Also idk I'm still kind of iffy to me that mercer can absorb people that he didnt summon or something

I think were referring to a different type of clones. Also they are listed as illusionary and I really hate to be that guy but we have to use on whats listed on the profile, And we need to make a crt to change it, But I for one think that doesn't matter, I've changed my mind that mercer does win most of the time, But Idk if this is a stomp or not, Technically obito can bfr him but its unlikely due to its short range and if mercer does get the humans to absorb then it basically becomes a non factor. I'm gonna be voting mercer. Idk if this should be considered a stomp though as obito has one wincon and that one wincon is extremely unlikely

That’s a fair point, since it shouldn’t be difficult for Obito to dodge Mercer’s attacks as long as spams Intangibility often (which he has shown many times to do), it’s just being outlived is a major problem for Obito, but evading shouldn’t be too much of an issue with how skilled Obito is at using his intangibility.

The Janitor is a good example to demonstrate that being a non-infected target doesn’t prevent Mercer from absorbing said target via touch, but Mercer has demonstrated he can absorb multiple targets at once and against beings with similar abilities to his to boot, so it’s nice that you can see that absorbing the Evolved feats are valid.

I mean, we know for sure Mercer hasn’t summoned or created that Janitor or anything, yet Mercer still absorbed that Janitor via touch (which already proves the point that Mercer can absorb targets that are not infected with Blacklight via touch, and he can similarly absorb infected targets via touch as well since he absorbed the Evolved, and the Evolved is stronger than Leader Hunters in the Prototype series’ scaling chain), so it should still be logical for Mercer to absorb other characters he touches as long as such characters don’t have resistance to Absorption on Mercer’s calibre and can physically be interacted with.

That’s strange, literally the only pages I can find about illusionary clones is this page and that page, so that’s weird. But if Obito’s illusionary clones are similar to the Mist Servant Technique that I’ve read about in that they are all completely illusions and can’t do any actual physical harm, then I don’t think that will matter since Mercer will have prior knowledge about Obito’s capabilities of creating illusionary clones and would know that those clowns are illusionary based on seeing his gasses not affecting those clones, which will have him continue to look for the true Obito (while ignoring the illusionary clones) and spam gasses in the meanwhile or just hide away in the environment with his Shapeshifting (since Blacklight characters such as Mercer can shapeshift to other individuals they have absorbed in the past, he doesn’t necessarily need to absorb humans in the background even if Mercer somehow can’t be exempt outside influence). However, it’s nice to know that you will be voting in Mercer’s favour.
I’m not sure if it’s a stomp myself, so I’ll leave that to the Naruto experts to discuss for what Obito can do and whether or not they determine it’s a stomp or not a stomp.

Last edited:
Mercer FRA,

Also, lets ******* go Alex Mercer got upgraded again
And is probably going to be downgraded again because someone is gonna bitch

Last edited:
Back