• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread Infinite

I think the awkward names
My brother in Christ a solid 50% of our P&A names sound awkward, do you think "Bodily Weaponry", "Beyond-Dimensional Existence", "Free Movement" or "Non-Physical Interaction" are actually good names? They're stupid as ****, you're just more used to them.
that have been suggested (Exclusive Equipment, Item Exclusivity, Chosen Weapon(ry), Loyal Weaponry) and how different they feel (at least to me) from other powers and abilities we have is emblematic of this difference from most other abilities on our site. It's not an ability, it's a condition/use-case for an ability.
A "condition" that in itself has a very noteworthy effect on the characters and is greatly different from just "oh he does ability with a think", as it has its own effect that is consistent among all users of the ability. It's no different from Reality Warping, that also doesn't mean anything without further elaboration

My brother in Christ a solid 50% of our P&A names sound awkward, do you think "Bodily Weaponry", "Beyond-Dimensional Existence", "Free Movement" or "Non-Physical Interaction" are actually good names? They're stupid as ****, you're just more used to them.
They sound cool to me

Responded to the first part off-site since it isn't very relevant to its addition.

A "condition" that in itself has a very noteworthy effect on the characters and is greatly different from just "oh he does ability with a think", as it has its own effect that is consistent among all users of the ability. It's no different from Reality Warping, that also doesn't mean anything without further elaboration

P&A isn't for everything with a noteworthy effect on the characters, it's for every power and ability they have. There are some extremely specific conditions that have a very very noteworthy effect on characters, but they're not really a power in and of themselves.

My issue isn't with whether it does or doesn't have a consistent effect, or whether it does or doesn't require elaboration, my issue's that it doesn't feel like an ability. While we have some other stuff that I'd put under the same camp (the classic trio of Awakened Power, Berserk State, and Rage Power just being slightly different triggers, restrictions, and weaknesses for Statistics Amplification), they're really old, and I would strongly oppose adding that level of redundancy for every other ability we have on the site (and would prefer we merge old pages that run contrary to this).

Last edited:
P&A isn't for everything with a noteworthy effect on the characters, it's for every power and ability they have. There are some extremely specific conditions that have a very very noteworthy effect on characters, but they're not really a power in and of themselves.

My issue isn't with whether it does or doesn't have a consistent effect, or whether it does or doesn't require elaboration, my issue's that it doesn't feel like an ability. While we have some other stuff that I'd put under the same camp (the classic trio of Awakened Power, Berserk State, and Rage Power just being slightly different triggers and restrictions for Statistics Amplification), they're really old, and I would strongly oppose adding that level of redundancy for every other ability we have on the site (and would prefer we merge old pages that run contrary to this).
I mean, those pages all have a similar effect (I don't really have an opinion on whether they should or should be merged), but what would you list this as? It's a pretty unique concept that we have a blindspot for and I think it being so notable.

Plus, I just think it's a very notable concept that right now cannot be always easily expressed in a page and can even have some impact on certain fights.

Also you forgot Empowerment

I mean, those pages all have a similar effect (I don't really have an opinion on whether they should or should be merged), but what would you list this as? It's a pretty unique concept that we have a blindspot for and I think it being so notable.

Plus, I just think it's a very notable concept that right now cannot be always easily expressed in a page and can even have some impact on certain fights.

Like with an ability being passive, or taking a massive amount of time to activate, or having hard-to-obtain prerequisites, I'd just include it in the ability's description, either in the P&A or in NA&T. There's a lotta common things that have an impact on a lot of fights but aren't abilities, so they have to be expressed elsewhere.

But this is a pretty arbitrary line, so if enough people disagree, then whateva

Like with an ability being passive, or taking a massive amount of time to activate, or having hard-to-obtain prerequisites, I'd just include it in the ability's description, either in the P&A or in NA&T. There's a lotta common things that have an impact on a lot of fights but aren't abilities, so they have to be expressed elsewhere.
Yeah but sometimes it's not an ability at all, the weapon just doesn't work. Hell I have an example of a weapon that only one person can use, but if others attempt to it just says "You can't handle that.", which is not helpful at all as a power lol. I would be surprised if that was the only example

I forgot to mention that it could also be explained in standard equipment/optional equipment, next to the entry for the weapon.

I forgot to mention that it could also be explained in standard equipment/optional equipment, next to the entry for the weapon.
eeeh, idk, that's a bit random as a position, like,
  • Golden Gun (Can only be utilized by Emir, as nobody else will be able to "handle it"
doesn't really fit swiftly imo

Last edited:
I know I can and I have but I still don't think it belongs only there, it's a widespread trope that can have easily understandable effects in combat just by existing in someone's P&A.

Excuse me, it was my idea, why should you do it? I'll be the one to make it, thanks. At the absolute least wait for me to wake up before deciding you'll be the one to do it.
Oh sorry for breaking your copyright.
...Indexing doesn't work like that, anyone can contribute to stuff and doesn't "own" a page, it's not like I'm voting in an staff thread without being staff myself and not being asked to, in fact you're more than free to just colaborate or grab the current idea and make it better for the site's purposes and so on.

The problem is not that, it's just likely he was already working on it or maybe had something completely different in mind. You went ahead and made it - and not to sound rude, half assed it too. Plus those examples... Really? I mean not a single mention of Thor - who is literally the most popular user of the said ability.

But anyway, what's done is done.

Oh sorry for breaking your copyright.
...Indexing doesn't work like that, anyone can contribute to stuff and doesn't "own" a page, it's not like I'm voting in an staff thread without being staff myself and not being asked to, in fact you're more than free to just colaborate or grab the current idea and make it better for the site's purposes and so on.
Cool, still my idea, and I'm still gonna be the one making the page, you were way too hasty and did not take my opinion into account since you went ahead and did it before I would even wake up and see the post. Just because I don't "own" it doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with something I had a specific idea for.

Not to mention, I quite frankly don't think your blog is a very good starting point, and it being a blog instead of a sandbox implies you'll be the one doing most of the work (with us only able to make suggestions since we can't edit it directly) which quite frankly nobody asked you to do. Cheers.

The problem is not that, it's just likely he was already working on it or maybe had something completely different in mind. You went ahead and made it - and not to sound rude, half assed it too. Plus those examples... Really? I mean not a single mention of Thor - who is literally the most popular user of the said ability.

But anyway, what's done is done.
Well, he should just clarify so in that case instead of just being rude and claiming ownership of a concept, that'd be like saying that no one can post a more developed thought on the matter just because someone else brought it up first, which is rather restrictive and inappropiate to say the least, especially when it's not disruptive like posting a CRT when someone else was already working on the same thing.

Yeah, I'm not too knowledgeable on examples, and I did even mention it was lacking in that regard.
Cool, still my idea, and I'm still gonna be the one making the page, you were way too hasty and did not take my opinion into account since you went ahead and did it before I would even wake up and see the post. Just because I don't "own" it doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with something I had a specific idea for.

Not to mention, I quite frankly don't think your blog is a very good starting point, and it being a blog instead of a sandbox implies you'll be the one doing most of the work (with us only able to make suggestions since we can't edit it directly) which quite frankly nobody asked you to do. Cheers.
Again, you can't own an idea for the purposes of the wiki, in fact I'm not even using it for whatever I want, I'm just laying an idea from my perspective from where to start explaining the power so it gets a page (you're acting as if I posted it as a regular page), if anything I'm just contributing to it, and once again, you're more than welcome to just grab it and reword it as necessary, it's far from an absolute to begin with.

Well, I've seen this stuff being often done in blog posts, if someone else would like to edit it, they could've just corrected me to just paste it on a sandbox instead, so it's just a mistake on my part if anything on that regard, and the last part is mean and you know it.

Last edited:
Well, he should just clarify so in that case instead of just being rude and claiming ownership of a concept, that'd be like saying that no one can post a more developed thought on the matter just because someone else brought it up first, which is rather restrictive and inappropiate to say the least, especially when it's not disruptive like posting a CRT when someone else was already working on the same thing.
To be quite frank I don't see how you going ahead and making a sandbox for something that I wanted to do without even waiting for me to leave an opinion isn't ten times as rude, so you'll have to forgive me.
Again, you can't own an idea for the purposes of the wiki, in fact I'm not even using it for whatever I want, I'm just laying an idea from my perspective from where to start explaining the power so it gets a page, if anything I'm just contributing to it, and once again, you're more than welcome to just grab it and reword it as necessary.
That's fine, and I refuse to use your perspective as a starting point as I believe mine would make for a better one. Since you can't own the idea, surely you don't mind this.
and the last part is mean and you know it.
It's correct. You were a quite marginal part of the discussion and you waited for nobody's opinion before going ahead. On an objective sense, nobody asked you to make that blog. If that comes off as rude then maybe you should reflect on why it does.

To be quite frank I don't see how you going ahead and making a sandbox for something that I wanted to do without even waiting for me to leave an opinion isn't ten times as rude, so you'll have to forgive me.

That's fine, and I refuse to use your perspective as a starting point as I believe mine would make for a better one. Since you can't own the idea, surely you don't mind this.

It's correct. You were a quite marginal part of the discussion and you waited for nobody's opinion before going ahead. On an objective sense, nobody asked you to make that blog. If that comes off as rude then maybe you should reflect on why it does.
Because I'm not particularly rushing the discussion either, it's no different from me just saying a rough description of the power in here then waited to see how it can be expanded or reworked for our purposes.

Correct, but at the same time I wonder how different your perspective would be.

I watched the entire discussion on the power from the start, and I didn't rush the thing either as I'm just saying my perspective on the matter. If we go with the "nobody asked you to do this", then by that logic absolutely nothing would get done as that's rarely done to begin with, so that's a bad argument to say the least, and further comes as rude for that matter. Perhaps you should keep in mind that as much not everyone thinks like me, not everyone thinks like you either and are allowed to just express their perspective?

Why would it be a limitation when it's usually seen as a boon? Weapons that only work with their owners is only a problem if it is the standard equipment of someone other than the owner.
Well I cannot keep track of evey dialogue But I believe the ability for weapons to stop working on unauthorized users can be seen as an ability, a utility. In fact, lots of real life devices have anti-theft features and we need such features.

Moreover it would be beneficial for the intended weapon user if the opponent cannot steal the weapon the owner is using. And in worse luck cases, if the unauthorized user somehow stole the weapon, some anti-theft features may deter opponents or "intruders" from stealing the said weapons.

I am less interested in personal insults so I will not take part. But how is the organization of the "user identification verification" ability going? Anyone actually checking which wordings get a password requires rewriting?

Correct, but at the same time I wonder how different your perspective would be.
Does that matter? I had an idea in my mind, for quite a lot more time than you. An idea that I am now developing, halting other projects of mine, because you've put me in an annoying spot.
I watched the entire discussion on the power from the start, and I didn't rush the thing either as I'm just saying my perspective on the matter either. If we go with the "nobody asked you to do this", then by that logic absolutely nothing would get done as that's rarely done to begin with, so that's a bad argument to begin with, and further comes as rude for that matter. Perhaps you should keep in mind that as much not everyone thinks like me, not everyone thinks like you either and are allowed to just express their perspective?
Mm, no, you didn't "express your perspective", you decided to forcefully push the discussion forward (maybe I wasn't able to work on this at the moment due to other issues? you couldn't know that! i'm definitely busy with other work, like three-four CRTs nearing completion, so it is a pain in the side), taking the lead without anyone agreeing that you should do that (in fact you didn't wait for anyone's opinion)

To be quite frank I perceive this as very rude and brash, and would expect better of someone that certain members of this wiki hold in high regard. Literally all it would have taken you is to wait a day or so before making it, and it would all have been fine.

For this topic in particular, no, take your time.

Yeah, I wouldn't like to ignore you in the development of this and all, for the rest, there's no real standard on the phases the development of a new power page, so that's quite up in the air for starters, and it's to be expected that this stuff can happen as a result, I apologize if that came as mean.

For this topic in particular, no, take your time.

Yeah, I wouldn't like to ignore you in the development of this and all, for the rest, there's no real standard on the phases the development of a new power page, so that's quite up in the air for starters, and it's to be expected that this stuff can happen as a result, I apologize if that came as mean.
That's fine, I don't mind it in the end. Though I would ask that you all wait a little more as I have a lot of stuff on my platter, even just VSBW-wise

I feel we should add 'Multiple Limbs' as a general Power and Abilities, as well as a category for them in 'Multiple Limb Users'

-There are many pages on here, iconic characters and niche alike, that have more than one set of limbs
-Its a unique power in itself that cant really always be called 'Body Control' since characters can be born with it. Perhaps a Type 1 Type 2 kind of deal for characters born with it naturally and characters who can grow them on whim due to a power if its a problem
-Its worthy enough of having a Death Battle based around the premise, showing theres at least a mainstream understanding of it
-Gives plenty of considerations in vs threads, mainly melee close combat fights, since obviously characters with more than 1 pair of arms would be trickier to block and fight against given the multiple angles they can strike.

Ive compiled a list here of characters i've identified and looked for with the necessary power, obviously not every character eligible but we can take it from here.

Mezo Shoji
Tomura Shigaraki
Roronoa Zoro
Shiva (Granblue Fantasy) (Record of Ragnarok) (Shin Megami Tensei) (Smite)
General Grievous
Dr. Coyle
Spiral (Marvel Comics)
Four Arms
Four Arms (Reboot)
Spider Monkey
Doctor Strange (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
Number 39: Utopia
Nico Robin
Looma Red Wind
David Warner
Machamp
Ezel
Hoopa
Goro
Kollector
Sheeva
Kintaro
Lord Garmadon
Kevin Levin
Nadakhan
Opal
Smoky Quartz
Sugilite
Sardonyz
Obsidian
Malachite
Alexandrite
Sunstone
The Cluster
Miss Martian (2)
Martian Manhunter
Senjumaru Shutara
Wonderweiss Margela
Nino (Edens Zero)
Nagato (Pain)
Anansi
Star Butterfly
Moon Butterfly
Eclipsa Butterfly
Screaming Mantis
Kali (SMITE)
Nnoitra Gilga
Tien Shinhan
Asura (Asuras Wrath) (Shin Megami Tensei)
Fulgrim
Stitch
Kixx
Mistral
Alice Twilight
Susamaru (Kimetsu no Yaiba)
Grinpatch
Muffet
Kidomaru
Alfaro
Troll Kong
Ai Apaec (Marvel)
Hybrid Reaver
Morborgran
Menthuthuyoupi
Chakravartin
Spider-Man (Fox Kids)
Cocytus
Drole
Calmadios
Ermes Costello
Victor (Naruto)
Bardiel
Hak Foo

Last edited:
"Multiple Limbs" is a rather weird name as beings with a single limb are rather uncommon, and it could quickly be misinterpreted out of the name, perhaps something like "Extra Limbs" would be better.

There's also the issue that this is strictly speaking just a skill thing as multiple characters can have more than average arms (such as squids), yet can't do denotable multi-tasking with them, and so at that point I think it'd be better to just mention in the Intelligence and Notable Attacks/Techniques section TBH, especially with how much mobility that could be granted is too variable to standarize, making this a glorified category if it was made a power page for the most part.

This does bring up the question of what constitutes as "powers" if the standards of said beings are utterly different from ours.

I mean, I get that we mostly use mankind as a baseline, correctly at that, and that extra limbs is a very proeminent characteristic of characters, indeed. It's just that we get in a grey area, as stated by others here, when we get to beings that naturally have more limbs as part of their physiology (spiders in general, for example) or the more complicated scenarios, of beings that can freely create limbs, or that said "limbs" are mere extensions of a fluctuating state of physical matter, like amorphous goos from various RPGs and games, where they can manifest something similar to a pseudopod to move and strike, but it is less like an extra limb but more like how water creates a wave as it moves, with said "limb" immediately receding back into the body.

I also have a question: Is manipulating colours is a power on itself, or does it fit on light/matter manipulation? Just to make the explanation clear, I am not talking about characters that have clear explanations, such as changing the colour of things by, say, explicitly changing the target's material composition or distorting light, just general feats and statements about changing colour. For example, Mr Eaten in Fallen London can quite literally eat colour and leave only the fictional, in-universe colour of gant behind.

I also have a question: Is manipulating colours is a power on itself, or does it fit on light/matter manipulation? Just to make the explanation clear, I am not talking about characters that have clear explanations, such as changing the colour of things by, say, explicitly changing the target's material composition or distorting light, just general feats and statements about changing colour. For example, Mr Eaten in Fallen London can quite literally eat colour and leave only the fictional, in-universe colour of gant behind.
Probably Reality Warping for this specific feat.

I feel we should add 'Multiple Limbs' as a general Power and Abilities, as well as a category for them in 'Multiple Limb Users'
Just seems redundant to me, and sort of complicated actually especially when considering animals.
I don't think it would be productive to spend a long time debating what's considered extra for various species.

It should be obvious from at least one of the pictures on a character's profile how many limbs they have, and if they generate limbs out of nowhere such that it wouldn't be, it would fall under existing powers.

Multiple Arms is fine too ig, Thats really the only intention, but its still a natural ability nonetheless that would shorten the already huge 'body control' or whatever for characters who can grow them. Appendages might also be okay

It wouldnt rly be Body Weaponry either since its not like that accounts for fists. Otherwise everyone has bodily weaponry.

Having extra limbs, or arms ig is still a pretty big component for melee fighters, as well as another category that can help link for vs threads.

Limbs seem to only be a term for Mammals and somewhat birds apparently, but in this context it would obv mean possessing more sets of arms than normal standard (2) for their humanoid anthropomorphic bodies. So i dont think it would count the literal spiders, since those always have 8 legs, unless it was mixed in with a human-like design ig

I mean I can do all the work, Just wanted to run it by and see any suggestions for names, whether it would need its own page etc. No one in that list seems to have an extra pair of legs, and i wouldnt rly count Tails since thats a bit too much of a reach
Just think it would be a neat category in itself.

If we change it to multiple 'Arms' then that would separate it from animals to just regular anthro characters

It wouldnt rly be Body Weaponry either since its not like that accounts for fists. Otherwise everyone has bodily weaponry.
I think you'd find it difficult to argue more arms doesn't make for a more effective body in combat with all other factors equal. It's not a perfect fit but like, close enough imo

Back