• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread Infinite

The other power that could describe these is entirely contextual though.
It may be due to a blessing, it may be due to a biological scanner, it may be due to a prophecy, etc.

I don't think any existing power as written covers all cases, and even weapon control doesn't cover items that aren't weapons.

Calendar Manipulation (technically a subset around time if you think about it) when you basically manipulate/change any day, weeks, months, or even years necessary.

Calendar Manipulation (technically a subset around time if you think about it) when you basically manipulate/change any day, weeks, months, or even years necessary.
I presume to do something? Eh, it doesn't seem common enought like Time Stop to get its own page.

The other power that could describe these is entirely contextual though.
It may be due to a blessing, it may be due to a biological scanner, it may be due to a prophecy, etc.

I don't think any existing power as written covers all cases, and even weapon control doesn't cover items that aren't weapons.
I mean more what's being described is just the weapon possessing Power Bestowal or the ability to Bless other characters. While a trope in of itself, in the end, it would just be a subset of Power Bestowal with a common condition/limitation of essentially being picky in who it grants its power to.

Exclusive Power also doesn't sound bad.
Power makes it sound like it's an ability, not equipment.
Could we also apply this to techniques that only certain people can use? I personally like the general idea btw
Eeeeeh I dunno, I assume often that'd be a skill thing, or something else, can be worded as Resistance to Power Mimicry ig
Sounds like we could honestly factor that under Blessing. The weapon chooses who to grant access to its power or even simply itself as if blessing them. That or we could put it under Power Bestowal. Since it feels like Power Bestowal with conditions for the most part.
Definitely not blessed, and probably not PB either. I know most examples listed have been of the magical variety but there's also stuff like ID-tagged weaponry in Metal Gear Solid, which just scans the soldier's nanomachines and only shoots if they're on the side of the alignment that bought the gun. I really wouldn't consider that power bestowal.

Pretty sure there was a movement power page proposed by @Tllmbrg, not sure if it ever got concluded. That should cover underwater movement too

How about Color Manipulation? It's basically a variant of Light Manipulation, but instead the person who has this ability/power can create, shape, and change other colors into something else, attribute of things that results from the light they reflect, transmit, or emit in so far as this light causes a visual sensation that depends on its wavelengths.

So uh, should I try and make a thread for Exclusive Equipment or whatever it's called

Would a power for weapons that can only be wielded by select individuals be possible? It sounds pretty specific but when you think about it there's dozens of examples (Master Sword, Mjolnir, stuff like that) and nothing we really have covers that.
this whole thing

If you want
I know the Laser Screwdriver from Dr Who fits since its got Isometric controls (ie, no one but the Master can use it)

Is that a knowledge thing? Cause I don't think weapons that are just impossible to use because most lack the skill/knowledge count

Oh, I see. How would this help actually..usually if the items in questions are more special and not the usual forgettable equipments they would usually have some sort of bond with X character and only they can use (Mjolnir can only be used by people who meets some requirements; X could be because of sentience and won't recognize another master - Master from the Isekai novel; or Maybe cause they made the weapon and only they can use it...just some examples). This kind of page sounds more like an indexing one as I don't see its use....but maybe i'm not thinking enough so if you could explain the usefulness of having it made.

The most blatant use of it would be being a sort of unconventional Power Mimicry resistance, and of course use of the thing in question by someone else, which is relevant for thieves and stuff like that.

Oh, I see. How would this help actually..usually if the items in questions are more special and not the usual forgettable equipments they would usually have some sort of bond with X character and only they can use (Mjolnir can only be used by people who meets some requirements; X could be because of sentience and won't recognize another master - Master from the Isekai novel; or Maybe cause they made the weapon and only they can use it...just some examples). This kind of page sounds more like an indexing one as I don't see its use....but maybe i'm not thinking enough so if you could explain the usefulness of having it made.
It's definitely not a power that's gonna change many VS matches but it is a notable one. Plus I can definitely see it being used in some instances, some weapons like the Monado kill those that aren't worthy to use them and generally an enemy being unable to use your weapon is a notable if not super-important factor in a match

It's definitely not a power that's gonna change many VS matches but it is a notable one. Plus I can definitely see it being used in some instances, some weapons like the Monado kill those that aren't worthy to use them and generally an enemy being unable to use your weapon is a notable if not super-important factor in a match
User identity verification?

Quite a few characters and mechs (and even quite a lot of modern devices IRL including the smartphones we are using) have such ability.

Not many would try to steal/take the weapon of the opponents.
Irrelevant, that's matchup dependent. Plus like, we don't make profiles for matches.
User identity verification?

Quite a few characters and mechs (and even quite a lot of modern devices IRL including the smartphones we are using) have such ability.
Yeah, that is a way for it to possibly happen.

The criteria for something being a new power page is that no other page properly covers it and that it's common enought to have, correct?
If so, I'd say such power would be fine given there's a whole trope on that and you're more than welcome to just check the examples section to see how common it is.
A quick read on the trope does make me notice a concern, and it's on whether we'd include stuff like Pokémon trainers out of their Pokémon being capable to elect who they listen to.

Last edited:
The criteria for something being a new power page is that no other page properly covers it and that it's common enought to have, correct?
If so, I'd say such power would be fine given there's a whole trope on that and you're more than welcome to just check the examples section to see how common it is.
A quick read on the trope does make me notice a concern, and it's on whether we'd include stuff like Pokémon trainers out of their Pokémon being capable to elect who they listen to.
Pokemon aren't really weapons, they're allies, doesn't count.

Bump.
Can somebody start a draft over this new power page?
Edit: Went ahead and did it, now give comments on it, probably more examples and of course an image that shows someone being unable to use a weapon that didn't "choose" them.

Last edited:
Edit: Went ahead and did it, now give comments on it, probably more examples and of course an image that shows someone being unable to use a weapon that didn't "choose" them.
Excuse me, it was my idea, why should you do it? I'll be the one to make it, thanks. At the absolute least wait for me to wake up before deciding you'll be the one to do it.

Last edited:
Would a power for weapons that can only be wielded by select individuals be possible? It sounds pretty specific but when you think about it there's dozens of examples (Master Sword, Mjolnir, stuff like that) and nothing we really have covers that.
Sounds like more of a limitation to be noted on the weapon's page, rather than a power to give to the weapon (or even worse, to its wielder).

Sounds like more of a limitation to be noted on the weapon's page, rather than a power to give to the weapon (or even worse, to its wielder).
Supernaturally (or otherwise) preventing someone from using you is a power, that should be very obvious. I don't see how it being a limitation makes it not a power.

Why would it be a limitation when it's usually seen as a boon? Weapons that only work with their owners is only a problem if it is the standard equipment of someone other than the owner.

Furthermore, impairments can still be counted in P&A. If someone's power drains their own lifespan, that is still minor Life Manipulation.

Wouldn't the power just be the mechanism to prevent people from wielding it? Extraordinarily large weight, death manip, mind manip (if wielding it makes you a significantly worse fighter), etc.

I'm thinking more like a weapon is powerless unless it's in some guy's hand. Or it will automatically teleport back to the guy.

Think Mjolnir rules.

Wouldn't the power just be the mechanism to prevent people from wielding it? Extraordinarily large weight, death manip, mind manip (if wielding it makes you a significantly worse fighter), etc.
The mechanism is a thing, the unique method is another and can itself be helpful to the wielder in a fight or elsewhere. I see no issue here.

This situation is case by case, some case it is weapon power which should be used for weapon that have it own page, some it is character powers, also in some case weapon have it own consciousness, mind which make them capable of choosing their wielder which is not a power at all.

It's just a unique trigger for an ability (if wielder is not the chosen one, activate this method of impairment). I don't think adding such triggers is particularly useful; we don't need power pages for "Spoken Ability", "Thought-Based Ability", "Passive Ability" etc.

I think the awkward names that have been suggested (Exclusive Equipment, Item Exclusivity, Chosen Weapon(ry), Loyal Weaponry) and how different they feel (at least to me) from other powers and abilities we have is emblematic of this difference from most other abilities on our site. It's not an ability, it's a condition/use-case for an ability.

Back