• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well well well if it's not my n-th Undertale CRT (how is that I am not tired of those yet?).

After tons of minor stats revisions, I decided to actually pull an important CRT for this verse, as it basically reflects on some key elements of this verse...

No I am not talking about insane shit like 2-B Sans/Undyne the Undying, I am talking about other 2 major characters here.

Frisk becomes 2-B in AP (for real)

Yeah... Some people who went to know me kinda are aware of how vocal I was for Frisk's AP not being equal to their Durability. Today I wanted to talk about it, because it's a pretty important discussion regarding also the lore interpretation of the verse, given that some new discoveries and thoughts I had made me take a 180° change on it.

For years a harsh debate in the Undertale fandom emerged ever since the release of the game, that being "Who is Chara talking to at the end of the Genocide Route: Frisk or the Player?".

This question has been a mostly unsolved one in the fandom, both in and outside powerscaling places. The reason is because of the scene being able to be interpreted as Chara talking to either of them, with basically nothing changing in the story.

My idea is that both are involved in Chara's conversation. Why?

We have to realize that the only way the Player is able to interact with the Undertale world is using Frisk, who reflects their desires and behavior, depending on the choices we make them do. The prime example in Undertale is Frisk feeling guilty after punching a dummy in the Pacifist route, but feeling good if they do after killing someone before, while in Deltarune instead is Kris, where, after they take their own SOUL from their body, we can still move the SOUL and not their body, and Noelle mentioning that Kris was behaving weirdly, and having a voice that wasn't theirs during the Snowgrave route.

While Kris' relationship with the Player is clearer than Frisk's, the latter is clearly influenced by the Player and does not really oppose us as much as Kris does, even if though sometimes they do things on their own like attempting to SAVE against Asriel without our input.

Now that my point is taken, this is relevant in understanding why Chara was talking with both of Frisk and us.

As @TheOrangeGuy09 pointed here, Chara does not take control over Frisk for the whole Genocide route, but only in few parts, those being Sans' and Asgore's respective fights, where Chara takes over the FIGHT Button on their own without us doing anything, with the main difference being the damage dealg being made of just "9" digits instead of regular amounts of damage which instead are made of various numbers.

Chara currently is accepted to possess Frisk for the entire Genocide Route. However, this is actually not the case, and they only gain full control after Sans dodges this attack. The reasoning:
(Note: Chara does indeed take some control over Frisk before that, but on a weaker level and not in battles)

So, Chara still keeps their possessing Frisk key (as they do still control their body at times before the Sans battle, as said in their justification for possession), but the reasoning for stats should be the following:
  • Attack Potency: At least City Block level, likely far higher (Took over the body of a LV 19 Frisk, who defeated Undyne the Undying at a lower LV)
  • Speed: At least Massively Hypersonic+ (Managed to kill Sans without giving him a chance to react)
Yeah I changed 'em a bit because the Asgore/Flowey bit are instantly before the 2-B nuke, so I assume Chara was just 2-B at that point.

This would technically change Frisk's AP justification with Great DT with them taking on Undyne the Undying and being able to defeat both her and Sans in their intelligence (though Chara should still have that in their intelligence as they did watch the whole thing after all), and changes Undyne the Undying and Sans' hyperlinks from "Chara" to "Frisk" as well in various pages, but that's a minor thing.

The main thing is that Chara must have talked with also Frisk, due to them being still our vessel, and Chara still taking over them both in Genocide and at the end of Soulless Pacifist routes. It makes literally 0 sense for Chara to just pretend that Frisk does not exist in this whole thing, as they were literally part of it, just like we were.

The final piece of evidence that would cement it is that in the Localization Book, it's stated that Frisk uses the same Determination of the Player.

This page isn't exactly the best evidence, as it was not written from Toby Fox, but from Clyde Madelin, who claimed that he cannot answer questions to the game's lore instead of Toby, and that reading too deep into said book can lead in seeing what you want to see, however this statement is interestingly enough supported from some evidence:
I do think it's clear af that Frisk also shares the Player's DT so they should be 2-B at their peak DT for pretty obvious reason, due to Chara using their DT in order to perform their feat of destroying the game world as said in the Player's page.

However there are some concerns that are worth addressing:
  • "But Frisk still has their SOUL after soulless routes, meaning that Chara took instead the Player's."
This isn't a strong argument, given that's not really clear what Chara meant in giving your SOUL. All they do with it is taking over Frisk at the ending of the Soulless Pacifist, which makes me more think that it's a reference in taking ownership of the SOUL (and thus Frisk's actions) rather than them literally pulling a Flowey and eating the SOUL. As said above, the Player controls their puppet through their SOUL, something that the XBOX version hints even more if you disconnect the controller, mentioning how the body parts aren't connected, a clear reference of Frisk's body being controlled from us.
  • "Frisk literally died from the game's destruction, you can't say that Chara was talking to them."
There's literally no concrete evidence for Frisk dying from Chara's slash. You can equally argue that Frisk survived the destruction of the game too, and still being unable to do anything because of them being literally in a void now.
  • "Frisk couldn't harm Asriel, this is evidence of their DT not amping their AP anyway."
You see, DT matters in increasing stats, but does not tell much about comparing power between DT users on its own. Frisk had obviously more DT than Undyne the Undying, but they were still physically comparable, or Flowey managed to almost one shot Frisk despite having lower DT too.

It just means that Frisk is way weaker than Asriel, and that the latter upscales from them, as Frisk was mostly relying on being resilient against him, thanks to them refusing to die when Asriel kills them (something that he directly mentions, meaning that he's confident in killing us over and over), and Asriel essentially one shotting them with his strongest attack.
  • "Frisk forgets stuff after a TRUE RESET, meaning that they don't share the same DT as the Player."
Frisk is the one using the Player's DT. I can argue that the Player is able to RESET Frisk back to their original state, as at that point they were completely disconnected from us, and there's no evidence for them still using our DT at this point, given the game was already over.

This would also completely remove the Note 2 from the Player's page, as it'd be completely outdated at this point.

BTW, this is also a nice scan to Frisk's Social Influencing. Plus Aura, given that Determination is clearly a supernatural power.

Low 2-C Photoshop Flowey is also real (+ extras)

For years Photoshop Flowey has been in the mud, forced to be in Tier 7 hell (familiar, isn't it?), with an "Unknown" being used to cope about him being that low. Well, those days are finally over, and he'll be back in being the powerful being he truly is.

I plan to make him Low 2-C. But why. The reason is off him having complete control over the timeline and being capable of overwriting it to his likes. Why is that?
I think this is enough evidence for at least a Low 2-C rating, as it's clear as hell that he can completely warp the timeline to his likes, to the point of even erasing Frisk's SAVE File and replacing it with his own ones.

This also means that we get rid of that horrible Low 7-B tier. Yes, it obviously scales to physicals given that the entire thing of DT is amping the physical stats of the user the more DT they have, it happens with Frisk and it happens with Undyne, no reason to assume that Flowey's manipulation and physical strenght are separated when both are reached through his DT boost.

A rebuttal can be Flowey not affecting the timeline due to him not reaching the human world, but the thing is that the Barrier seems to be limiting the influence of meta abilities, given that Frisk could use their DT powers only when inside the Underground, hence why Flowey mentions that he'd need a 7th SOUL to truly achieve his plans, and with the power of 7 SOULs he still needed a considerable effort to destroy the barrier. Plus y'all forget that he still could affect the game itself despite this.

But not just that, we have also this, a revamped Asriel profile!

It has very little differences compared to the current ones, except:
This also upgrades the Human SOULs and the Underground from their "Unknown, at least Low 7-B" to instead just Low 2-C.

Amalgamates' speed

Well... this is relatively minor instead. They're full of DT and fight Frisk moments before they get to Asgore, plus they're 8-B anyways.

I think that an argument for them can be them also scaling from the Hotland/Waterfall monsters in speed, as Frisk at that point was well after it, so a suggestion can be this:
  1. Massively Hypersonic+
  2. At least Subsonic+, possibly Massively Hypersonic+ if option 1 isn't solid enough.
TLDR
  • Frisk's Peak DT becomes 2-B in also AP, plus they get Aura alongside their SI.
  • Chara's possession changes to only when possess Frisk at the end of the route.
  • Photoshop Flowey gets Low 2-C and EE and loses their lower dura when losing control over the SOULs.
  • Amalgamates scale to higher end monsters in speed.

Last edited:
The final piece of evidence that would cement it is that in the Localization Book, it's stated that Frisk uses the same Determination of the Player.

This page isn't exactly the best evidence, as it was not written from Toby Fox, but from Clyde Madelin, who claimed that he cannot answer questions to the game's lore instead of Toby, and that reading too deep into said book can lead in seeing what you want to see, however this statement is interestingly enough supported from some evidence:
Ngl, the statement is probably the main thing that made me agree and accept the other arguments since the previous thread
Low 2-C Photoshop Flowey is also real (+ extras)

For years Photoshop Flowey has been in the mud, forced to be in Tier 7 hell (familiar, isn't it?), with an "Unknown" being used to cope about him being that low. Well, those days are finally over, and he'll be back in being the powerful being he truly is.

I plan to make him Low 2-C. But why. The reason is off him having complete control over the timeline and being capable of overwriting it to his likes. Why is that?
I think this is enough evidence for at least a Low 2-C rating, as it's clear as hell that he can completely warp the timeline to his likes, to the point of even erasing Frisk's SAVE File and replacing it with his own ones.
Agreed.
This also upgrades the Human SOULs and the Underground from their "Unknown, at least Low 7-B" to instead just Low 2-C.
Also, shouldn't it be Varies instead of Unknown?
Amalgamates' speed

Well... this is relatively minor instead. They're full of DT and fight Frisk moments before they get to Asgore, plus they're 8-B anyways.

I think that an argument for them can be them also scaling from the Hotland/Waterfall monsters in speed, as Frisk at that point was well after it, so a suggestion can be this:
  1. Unknown, likely Massively Hypersonic+
  2. Unknown, likely Subsonic+, possibly Massively Hypersonic+ if option 1 isn't solid enough.
TLDR
  • Frisk's Peak DT becomes 2-B in also AP.
  • Chara's possession changes to only when possess Frisk at the end of the route.
  • Photoshop Flowey gets Low 2-C and EE and loses their lower dura when losing control over the SOULs.
  • Amalgamates scale to higher end monsters in speed.
I prefer the first option because they are full of DT unlike the others, agreed

Last edited:
Although I was initially against Frisk = Player in DT idea, I guess it makes sense now. I still feel a bit reluctant about it, but can’t go against facts and I don’t really have anti-proofs. And yeah, I still believe that Frisk holding back in TP idea, but it’s not like it matters much here or in general.

Thanks for giving me props in Chara possession part, and I, obviously, agree with it.

Regarding Photoshop Flowey, I’m fine with it, but if Frisk can be a stonewall, why can’t Flowey be glass canon? Also, you yourself gave an example in another thread, that being a Reaper Bird (Reaper Bird has literally 9 ATK and 9999 DEF, showing that DT doesn't amp all stats equally.)
Also, if Photoshop Flowey took over the entire game, why would he be Low 2-C, and not 2-B? Just curious, not feeling particularly strong about it. Additionally, would that make Immense DT Frisk Low 2-C too? They clearly scale from Photoshop Flowey.

Photoshop Flowey losing weakness on durability part is also straightforward, I agree.

Asriel’s profile revamp is also good.

Amalgametes not being MHS+ always seemed weird to me, as Frisk met them after Hotland, so I’m fine with first option, but why can’t they be just plain MHS+?

Mostly neutral, but since I'm here & this thread is proposing a revision to the profile anyway, I'm also proposing a small revision:

~ The Voice in the Vessel Creation System if the player entity chooses to name itself and it's Vessel the same thing.

The profile's Deltarune tabber contextualization description for the quote is using the wrong form for "it". Arguably counterintuitively within the English language, if "it" is being used as a possessive, "its" is used, whereas "it's" -Which said quote currently uses- is a contraction of "it is".

Regarding Photoshop Flowey, I’m fine with it, but if Frisk can be a stonewall, why can’t Flowey be glass canon? Also, you yourself gave an example in another thread, that being a Reaper Bird (Reaper Bird has literally 9 ATK and 9999 DEF, showing that DT doesn't amp all stats equally.)
Because Flowey has the full power of the 6 Human SOULs and has control over it, why wouldn't he be equally amped like his other forms?

Frisk harming Photoshop Flowey is not a proof, as it just means that Undertale does not treat Low 2-C as infinitely above High 7-C (not to mention that the damage they deal to him is minimal anyway).
Also, if Photoshop Flowey took over the entire game, why would he be Low 2-C, and not 2-B? Just curious, not feeling particularly strong about it.
Because he definitely didn't take over other timelines, and him affecting the game mostly just him warping its display rather than him pulling a Chara and straight up destroy it in its entirely. I'd rather go by low ends when we deal with stuff this meta.
Amalgametes not being MHS+ always seemed weird to me, as Frisk met them after Hotland, so I’m fine with first option, but why can’t they be just plain MHS+?
Meh... true. Changing it.

The profile's Deltarune tabber contextualization description for the quote is using the wrong form for "it". Arguably counterintuitively within the English language, if "it" is being used as a possessive, "its" is used, whereas "it's" -Which said quote currently uses- is a contraction of "it is".
Blame @Roachman40 for ******* up grammar lmfao (had to correct a lot of his edits). Is not even worth a CRT tbh, but thanks anyway.

Because Flowey has the full power of the 6 Human SOULs and has control over it, why wouldn't he be equally amped like his other forms?
Fine then, makes sense
Frisk harming Photoshop Flowey is not a proof, as it just means that Undertale does not treat Low 2-C as infinitely above High 7-C (not to mention that the damage they deal to him is minimal anyway).
That’s a lame excuse tbh. They also tank a lot of Photoshop Flowey’s attacks. And dealing cheap damage to Tier 2 = Tier 2 regardless (although it would be “at most”).
Because he definitely didn't take over other timelines, and him affecting the game mostly just him warping its display rather than him pulling a Chara and straight up destroy it in its entirely. I'd rather go by low ends when we deal with stuff this meta.
Game contains those timelines though, and warping is significantly affecting so should scale, but I’m fine with going to low end for the sake of scaling. Although, maybe something like possibly 2-B can work?
Meh... true. Changing it.
👍

That’s a lame excuse tbh.
I mean Photoshop Flowey has not infinite stats.
And dealing cheap damage to Tier 2 = Tier 2 regardless (although it would be “at most”).
Definitely not here, as Frisk gets effortessly one shotted over and over the second Flowey gets serious. Plus Dragon Ball does already treat 2-C as not being infinitely above Tier 4/3, so Undertale mostly likely works the same.
Game contains those timelines though, and warping is significantly affecting so should scale, but I’m fine with going to low end for the sake of scaling. Although, maybe something like possibly 2-B can work?
Meh, 2-B Photoshop Flowey would suck as he'd be still comparable to Asriel, making his whole reason for getting the 7th SOUL useless as ****.

I mean Photoshop Flowey has not infinite stats.
Sure, but Photoshop Flowey still has LV 9999, which is still a lot in HP-DEF.
Definitely not here, as Frisk gets effortessly one shotted over and over the second Flowey gets serious.
It’s via combination of multiple attacks though, a single one does not one-shot you in any case. Also they still take his attacks here, but idk if in this scene it is Immense DT or Peak DT (if the latter, it makes Photoshop Flowey 2-B… heh)
Meh, 2-B Photoshop Flowey would suck as he'd be still comparable to Asriel, making his whole reason for getting the 7th SOUL useless as ****.
Destroying 2-B structure with mere presence while directly saying that you do not care about destroying it anymore is far above than warping it when you want. Also, with 7th soul Asriel can destroy the barrier unlike Photoshop Flowey. And I’m pretty sure that Asriel should become (at least 2-B, likely far higher) due to upscaling from 2-B Frisk.
But again, not feeling particularly strong about it.

It’s via combination of multiple attacks though
A single beam did it.
Also they still take his attacks here, but idk if in this scene it is Immense DT or Peak DT (if the latter, it makes Photoshop Flowey 2-B… heh)
In the same scene Flowey's attacks get blocked from Sans, come on. He was holding back massively here.
Destroying 2-B structure with mere presence while directly saying that you do not care about destroying it anymore is far above than warping it when you want.
Sure but there's no proof of Flowey affecting more than just the timeline you're in tbh.
Also, with 7th soul Asriel can destroy the barrier unlike Photoshop Flowey.
Cool.
And I’m pretty sure that Asriel should become (at least 2-B, likely far higher) due to upscaling from 2-B Frisk.
But again, not feeling particularly strong about it.
Techically we do not allow the "At least, likely far higher" anymore for Tier 2/1, as that implies higher tiers.

Wrong link, but I remember it, so fine I guess, I can see Flowey holding back and playing around with us and then stomping once he gets serious.
In the same scene Flowey's attacks get blocked from Sans, come on. He was holding back massively here.
2-B Sans let’s go! I mean, fair enough.
Although wait, if this Frisk is 8-B and Flowey’s holding back bullets make damage to them and Sans can block them, would this make Sans 8-B…? (I feel like I’m becoming Shion when it comes to Sans lmfao)
Sure but there's no proof of Flowey affecting more than just the timeline you're in tbh.
Fine
Techically we do not allow the "At least, likely far higher" anymore for Tier 2/1, as that implies higher tiers.
Is this written somewhere? Just curious,

Wrong link, but I remember it, so fine I guess, I can see Flowey holding back and playing around with us and then stomping once he gets serious.
How did I...

Man my keyboard playing jokes.
Although wait, if this Frisk is 8-B and Flowey’s holding back bullets make damage to them and Sans can block them, would this make Sans 8-B…?
I'd call it an outlier for Sans tbh. Though I don't think this scene matters too much, it's only made to be a cool thing ngl.
Is this written somewhere? Just curious,
Tbh it's pretty implicit, otherwise Dragon Ball profiles would be all "At least 2-C".
Couldn't he affect multiple timelines with the 6 save files of the human souls?
Tbh SAVEs are not timelines, they only allow you to jump to new ones and represent the timeline you have control on. I just think he has multiple SAVEs over the same timeline ngl, he definitely wasn't jumping through timelines in the fight.

How did I...

Man my keyboard playing jokes.
Lmao
I'd call it an outlier for Sans tbh. Though I don't think this scene matters too much, it's only made to be a cool thing ngl.
What if @Monsters_fight 8-C+ calc gets accepted?
Tbh it's pretty implicit, otherwise Dragon Ball profiles would be all "At least 2-C".
Ninjago pages have a lot of at least and likely far higher for Tier 2 and nobody said anything tbh…
Tbh SAVEs are not timelines, they only allow you to jump to new ones and represent the timeline you have control on. I just think he has multiple SAVEs over the same timeline ngl, he definitely wasn't jumping through timelines in the fight.
Isn’t this a headcanon though-

What if @Monsters_fight 8-C+ calc gets accepted?
Unlikely af ngl.
Ninjago pages have a lot of at least and likely far higher for Tier 2 and nobody said anything tbh…
Time to edit them then.
Isn’t this a headcanon though-
I mean, he definitely wasn't jumping in new timelines, at least visually. Normal RESETs have the benefit of the game over screen being in between, this not.

And? It's evidence of him being able to completely warp the timeline to his whims. No one said that he destroyed the timeline.
I thought the SAVE file point was that it was the timeline and him erasing it was basically erasing the timeline?
If not, I don't quite get how crashing the game and adjusting its title is enough to warrant Low 2-C? Mettaton kinda does the latter in his Theater play lol

Time to edit them then.
All of Tier 2 will get downgraded soon regardless so no need in that, it’s just weird that nobody pointed that out tbh
I mean, he definitely wasn't jumping in new timelines, at least visually. Normal RESETs have the benefit of the game over screen being in between, this not.
We have mechanics on how SAVE works, and this would be a simply appeal to visuals… besides, we aren’t even supposed to see the screen in between, Flowey would see it.
Sans 2 B makes sense
Low ball fr

I thought the SAVE file point was that it was the timeline and him erasing it was basically erasing the timeline?
If not, I don't quite get how crashing the game and adjusting its title is enough to warrant Low 2-C? Mettaton kinda does the latter in his Theater play lol
Because in Flowey's context he's manipulating it at his will, overwriting its data and replacing the information with his own.
We have mechanics on how SAVE works, and this would be a simply appeal to visuals… besides, we aren’t even supposed to see the screen in between, Flowey would see it.
I mean, do we have a better evidence than that 🤷‍♂️

Damn didn't notice he lacks memory hax on the God of Hyperdeath key...

Added to OP.
Sans’ dialogue and cosmology blog goes over SAVE jumping between timelines, so it should be like that by default, I think?
I do think that Flowey's case is a bit different tbf, given that Sans' dialogue applies to the base DT ngl.

Damn didn't notice he lacks memory hax on the God of Hyperdeath key...
Shouldn’t it be limited?
I do think that Flowey's case is a bit different tbf, given that Sans' dialogue applies to the base DT ngl.
But do you have any solid proof of it though, because if not we’re taking what the cosmology blog says as it is accepted currently
Just noticed this… does this mean we’ll have Tier 1 Undertale several years after this upgrade?

Shouldn’t it be limited?
idfk we don't give to monsters a limited to their extrasensory perception only for being able to perceive the emotions of the SOULs within them either.
But do you have any solid proof of it though, because if not we’re taking what the cosmology blog says as it is accepted currently
The cosmology blog does not really tackle Photoshop Flowey stuff (I'll wait @Roachman40 for it due to him having made it after all, I know it'll also have to be updated after this CRT methinks).

Frisk becomes 2-B in AP (for real)

• "Frisk couldn't harm Asriel, this is evidence of their DT not amping their AP anyway."
1 i agree, but Frisk would gain the abilities like Fear Manip that is currently on Chara's profile as you are arguing they aren't in control all the time, so we would need to see which ones Frisk would gain

2 since Frisk's DT = the players, i guess Frisk would also gain an "absolute" AP like Chara since that is how they reach it? Would also gain an "higher with more LV" i guess

3 another thing is that Asriel has both Human and Monster souls, which are combined stronger than Human souls as Humans were scared of a monster absorbing a human soul enough to start a war with the monsters

4 the spare buttom seems more like Emphatic manip tbh, since it is a supernatural aura or whatever

I agree with everything else

1 i agree, but Frisk would gain the abilities like Fear Manip that is currently on Chara's profile as you are arguing they aren't in control all the time, so we would need to see which ones Frisk would gain
I'd argue it being more an effect of Chara's influence, as Flowey could perceive it. Though I don't care enough if Frisk gets it.
2 since Frisk's DT = the players, i guess Frisk would also gain an "absolute" AP like Chara since that is how they reach it? Would also gain an "higher with more LV" i guess
I'd just say that's Peak DT given it's easier to list it as such.
3 another thing is that Asriel has both Human and Monster souls, which are combined stronger than Human souls as Humans were scared of a monster absorbing a human soul enough to start a war with the monsters
Eeeeh. I just think his feats over Frisk's would be enough.
4 the spare buttom seems more like Emphatic manip tbh, since it is a supernatural aura or whatever
Aura and Social Influencing work fine here.

I'd argue it being more an effect of Chara's influence, as Flowey could perceive it. Though I don't care enough if Frisk gets it.
i mean.........i guess? but at the same time, it is more of the player controlling Frisk and Chara just being on the ride doing small stuff

i would be ok with a "possibly Fear Manip"

I'd just say that's Peak DT given it's easier to list it as such.
yeah makes sense

Eeeeh. I just think his feats over Frisk's would be enough.
more evidence never hurts, right?

i see, i agree then

Back