• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UNDERTALE/DELTARUNE [shiny new] DISCUSSION THEAD

You forgot that this dude lives in it
5d77f80ae9cb39ad03ecbcfc57faf60472-31-ice-king.rsocial.w1200.jpg
you mean was

Nothing says that Sans has 1 HP in canon given that HPs in Undertale aren't canon either, unless you wanna argue that Undyne the Undying > Photoshop Flowey in dura.

Plus it kinda clashes with the fact that Frisk deals hundreds-thousands of damage to monsters, while the Monsters can deal to Frisk only single-digit amounts of it.
At that point, Photoshop Flowey is almost God. He literally lowers his defense in the fight to make it seems like you're actually beating him. I don't see why he wouldn't do that with HP either.

Anyway, what was y'all 1st run in the game?

I genuinely had 0 idea that 3 routes exist in the game, so I just took it like a normal RPG and made a No Mercy route (I even thought that Papyrus was setting a trap for us when he was sparing lmao). I was also expecting the Sans fight already given his popularity and him being simply the final boss. Then I realized why the game felt so quick when I came to the discovery that 3 main routes exist kek.

I genuinely had 0 idea that 3 routes exist in the game, so I just took it like a normal RPG and made a No Mercy route (I even thought that Papyrus was setting a trap for us when he was sparing lmao). I was also expecting the Sans fight already given his popularity and him being simply the final boss. Then I realized why the game felt so quick when I came to the discovery that 3 main routes exist kek.
Played Neutral, basically blind.

I didn't like the lack of character customization & found it a little puzzling.

I learned that sparing was ideal shortly after starting, IIRC. I think I only used Fight against enemies if I hated them or thought it'd be convenient. It's been literal years.

IIRC, reading about things in part, & this, meant in part hearing Sans was weak & finding him annoying in-game, he was 1 of the few I wanted to kill.
I didn't learn he was a superboss until after being done my 1st playthrough. Sometime around then, before or after, & I learned about True Pacifist, so I went for that. A little tedious, & The True Lab was unnerving, but the spectacle of Asriel was worth it. Vibrant colours, flashy moves, a theme I can enjoy listening to for hours.... It was great.

& since I knew about Flowey's post-pacifist plea via the internet, after completing True Pacifist, I didn't even check for Flowey's message. I watched the credits, playing them to the best of my ability, did the post-credits stuff, & then closed the game & have NEVER played Undertale since.

Last edited:

I pretty much knew about like 70% of the game already, that includes routes and such. Only then did I get the game and play it through properly. I've cleared it two or three times but I always did pacifist runs. I can't bring myself to harm anyone.

I've seen a lot of gameplay prior to actually owning the game, and when my brother played it, I watched him play the Pacifist route. When I got to play it for the first time, I just had to start with the Genocide route as that's the most traditional way to play RPGs. I don't really understand why people say it's sad, because slaying enemies is perfectly normal in these games.

I played it after watching most of a Neutral Route playthrough and "knowing" that there was a Genocide Route. I tried doing the Genocide Route the first time but I messed up and missed some enemies in the CORE/Hotlands so I failed. Then I think I did a Pacifist Route after that then a Genocide Route which took me like 5 days. 60+ deaths to Undyne and 200+ to Sans iirc. I was really bad.

Regarding that, I originally tried to beat Sans on the phone (Iphone) on sans simulator website. Took me several months…
Also, after that I tried Genocide Run on the phone (Android). Couldn’t beat Undyne for a long time and after that forgot about Undertale, so Undyne really saved the world in my phone ig

An interesting video that seems to present multiple theories.

It posits that Gaster made the prophecy as a means to free himself. Banish The Angel's Heaven, The Depths, & he gets freed of them. This happens at the Roaring, & Toby Fox's 1st Tweet, back in 2011, was "The edge of the shadow, where reality and dream meet.". Ergo, for Gaster to be able to enter into the Light World, rather than the Dark World that he's already shown influence over, it must happen during The Roaring, when The Light World & The Dark World(s) are in chaos & the latter threatens to overtake one another; When the fiction/dream-analogous Dark World(s) & the reality-analogous Light World meet.

Further, there is a demon called an angel, Lucifer, who failed to usurp God's power, failed, & was banished from heaven in an event called "Lucifer's fall from Heaven".
Gaster discovered Dark Worlds & "fell into his own creation".

Also, The Dark Fountain theme is called "THE_HOLY" in all caps, like how Gaster speaks, yet Gaster is renowned for his association with darkness, the number 666, & to some extent, demonic imagery. (Like that big metal goat skull thing in The True Lab in Undertale.)

This is evidence said theory uses to argue that Gaster seeks to trick/usurp us. He is in control of the Save Files, & will readily delete or copy any of them, despite ostensibly having little reason to care about or little care for timelines that can freely be rewound, restarted, deleted or copied; What matters is his end goal, which is the one ending of the player banishing The Angel's Heaven during The Roaring, so that he may be freed & get what he wants.
1 possibility the theory posits as an alternative to us battling is Gaster ejecting the player out to the title screen, but with their file overwritten & locked, now with the name GASTER, the name you cannot normally use for your SAVE file.

It also speculates that we may need to hone Noelle's glitches/secrets-finding abilities through the Weird Route to get the freedom we need so that we can free December Holiday, who can somehow help us overcome Gaster.

Or there's some crazy meta hunt.

Although, apparently the video maker has strong, somewhat embittered opinions about theories that put parts together like puzzle pieces & feels fans are often neglecting that sometimes stuff just has mistakes, or is meant to be comedic, or just conveys info, rather than being meant as part of some deeper meaning.

It's time.

You guys are invited ofc.

Not really indexing relevant, since it's modding based on Deltarune's unused content revealed via/from the newsletter & stuff, but still, I think it's neat.

I straight up murdered almost everyone, not because I thought I had to do that, but because I wanted to, and because I could.

After that I did 20 genocide runs, 1 pacifist and 2 or 3 neutral endings

Back