• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was looking for a good opponent for 'Umr at-Tawil to fight.

Then I remebered how hyped up the Pressence is, so...

'Umr at-Tawil vs the Presence!!!

Who wins, and why?

Note: I have never read comic books. I just know the Pressence seems really hyped up. I don't know whether this is is stomp or not.

'Umr at-Tawil: 1 (Dreaming Serpent, Jockey-1337)

The Pressence: 0

Inconclusive: 2 (Paulo.junior.969, Udlmaster)

Well, aren't the Cthulhu mythos characters like ungodly strong, like even for their own class? Since this is an Avatar of Yoggy, I'm going with inconclusive, since they both know how this fight will pan out and would most likely lose interest in each other anyway.

Thought I put my opinion earlier but oh well, I guess the system glitched.

On a completely biased and personal note I would say Umr at-Tawil/Yog Sothoth over The Presence because I actually get the sense that this entity is truly omniscient and omniprescent, probably because Lovecraft actually did a good job conveying the magnitutde of this massive entity which is no easy task. Yog Sothoth encompasses everything from the smallest of atoms or elections entirety of the Multiverse and Space-Time, all are one within Yog Sothoth and literally everything is merely a facet of him. Every concept, every world, every thought, every battle, it's all a war within this Entity. And so because of this, outsmarting or outmatching this opponenent would be completely impossible because you're a part of its Dominion, its Ebb and Flow.

The Presence is extremely powerful, and I mean extremely powerful, but to this day I see little proof that the guy was ever supposed to be omniscient or omnipresent given how even he admits he doesn't know everything. If he's being hoenst then Umr most definitly takes it, if not and he's lying then the they're either at a stalemate or the Presence can best this aspect of Yog Sothoth. I guess?

While neither is above talking to tiny, petty, little insignificant mortals akin to fleas, I always got the sense Presence had more in stake during the situation whereas Yog Sothoth is just behaving by his Alien nature/ Plus Yog Sothoth never needed to be replaced unlike the Presence. Btw I'm more then willing to admit that I'm wrong but I'm just having spit-balling ideas here. I just feel like Yog Sothoth felt more like an entity that truly elevated his status and if taken to the extreme, if the Presence was having some sort of beef with Lucifer/Samael, by decree of who and what Yog Sothoth is, he'd encompass both the Presence and Lucifer and more being the Ultimate Archetype.

On a more serious note, I'd say it would have to be a stalemate if I was being serious. But IMO it's Umr.

'Umr at-Tawil takes this because he's the direct aspect of a High 1-A who is likely > the Overvoid, which Presence is nowhere close to being as powerful as, as well as being Outerverse level, possibly higher, aka the absolute highest end of 1-A possible, whereas Presence would simply be maybe higher end, but probably high middle end.

Maybe. I think this is a logical enough thread; it's not like it's an ungodly stomp in one direction or a inconclusive (at least IMO)

It's not that they can't be added, just that it's a rare occurence that they will because most of the time it's inconclusive. Also, I would argue that the arguments used are well enough to be taken into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back