• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Typos on the front page

Hey all. I'm new here. When reading over the front page, I noticed some typos/grammar problems that made reading portions of it a little awkward. Here's what I've found.

Rules and Regulations:

Rule 1 should read, "If you make an original character and compare it to others' original characters, please do not start a flame war as they can happen here. When it comes to a battle between two or more OC's or Fanon characters, there's bound to be a flame war that can and/or will occur. So, again, be advised when we say to not start flame wars here — ever."

Rule 7 should read, "If you ever plan on using someone else's art for use on your character's profile page, please put a disclaimer saying something such as "this art does not belong to me; the rights of the art goes to the respective owner(s)" in order to avoid any possible copyright issues. If you're not sure you have the rights to use others' art, you may always use your own original art."

Rule 11 should read, "Please refrain from disputing the Tiering System page we have here. It is based directly off from this wiki, which in turn is directly based off from this wiki which uses a more logical ranking system than what was used in the past. Any attempt to change or circumvent the tiering system will lead to a warning. Further offenses will be given a temporary ban from the wiki."

Rule 15 should read, "Please refrain from insulting other Wikis and/or communities. We prefer to not have any bad blood with others. Any kind of derogatory remarks aimed at other Wikis and/or communities will lead to a permanent ban."

Rule 18 may be a little delicate and I believe should read, "Do not discuss suicide, nor post suggestions or encourage others to do so. If you see threats of harm (including self-harm), treat it seriously. If you are in immediate danger, call your local emergency services. You may also contact an administrator privately and include the page name or diff where the threat was made. Jokes or making light about personal threats or suicide will result in an immediate ban without any warning." (Most of this I copied from Wikipedia's article on "Responding to threats of harm.")

Important pages:

Should read, "Here are some of the important pages which we recommend you to look at before getting started:"

Help Section:

1. 2 should read, "For versus match-ups of various sorts, you can visit this forum board. Also, please read the rules here when making matches."

That's all I have for now. There's some other minor issues but they read well enough to not warrant changing. Thanks for keeping this Wiki up!

Yo, Head Bureaucrat here.

Ah this one. It's been brought up quite a bit in the past here and there so it's no surprise that another would bring this up again, although it's the first among it to be that in an actual thread no less.

Anyways, most if not all of this are pretty good. Although the mention of the suicide mentions prevention(?) and calling local ememergencies thing is i think something we haven't truly been directly contacted by anyone here within this wikia. But perhaps that can be added with that JUST IN CASE if anything of that nature truly pops up here in the future.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Yo, Head Bureaucrat here.
Ah this one. It's been brought up quite a bit in the past here and there so it's no surprise that another would bring this up again, although it's the first among it to be that in an actual thread no less.

Anyways, most if not all of this are pretty good. Although the mention of the suicide mentions prevention(?) and calling local ememergencies thing is i think something we haven't truly been directly contacted by anyone here within this wikia. But perhaps that can be added with that JUST IN CASE if anything of that nature truly pops up here in the future.
Yeah like I said, that one I was a little uncertain about. After all, I did copy a lot of that from Wikipedia's statements about posting suicide/threats of harm on their site. I'm not sure how much legal protection would need to be stated in the guidelines of a Fandom Wikia. It might just as well suffice as "Don't make light/jokes about suicide or you will receive a permanent ban."

Mmm, yeah. Well i'm not sure either as to how Fandom Wikia deals with this other than asking those over at Community Central wikia about it (probably preferably done in private, of course).

But anyways, i can at least add everything else on here. The one of the ememergency thing maybe can have a sort of rewrite or something perhaps?

Edit: Done except for the ememergency one...for now.

Back