• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Type 1 Abstract Existence For Marvel Abstracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
So I have no knowledge of Marvel, however i have seen scans which prove the abstracts are type 1 abstracts, Eternity currently is listed as type 2 which seems wrong, when his Regenerationn isn't even clarified, and a lot of the marvel abstract pages don't even have abstract existence for some reason, but who knows they might be also be type 2 as well, someone knowledgeable on Marvel would have to confirm that.

So the abstracts are stated to be abstractions, and concepts

Eternity is stated to be an abstract entity with no physical attributes

Based solely on these, they should be type 1 abstracts.

Marvel has too many outdated pages.

If you go to the blog/respect thread in Oblivio's page you'll see that the abstracts fight in a "metaphysical plane" or something like that.

"The feeling of Power coursing through me... Phenomenal... Transcendental... Metaphysical! Not only do I feel Larger than Life -- I feel Larger than Death as well. I sense oneness with Infinity, since she and Oblivion are too Abstract to contend with one another in anything remotely resembling a physical manner -- My actions -- And Maelstrom's -- Are being transmogrified to their level. They are simply mirroring our struggle on the Highest Plane of Reality conceivable!"

Anyway, Marvel tends to play more fast and loose with its metaphysical conceptual entities than DC does as far as I am aware, as it has sometimes been possible to affect or threaten them without actually destroying a concept in itself.

Oblivion is a type 1 of course, but I am not so sure about the others.

Celestial Pegasus said:
That just seems to be referring to the fact they aren't actual people but conceptual entities.
I agree and also it looks it is somone else that made the comment, not the Beyonder.

My bad on the latter thing, I added the link in the last moment when I found it. Another day I will bring some problems I had with Nonexistent Physiology but I abandon that proposal I made here.

Has anybody asked Sandman31 and PrinceOfTheMorning to comment here yet?

One question. Those statements about infinite worlds only includes 3d realities or also 4d realities etc. ? u know those dimensional tierings are too complicated to us 3d beings

"Exists purely as an abstraction. These characters lack a true physical form, and affecting them requires the ability to affect directly the abstraction itself, because eventual physical manifestations are merely avatars."

I might be misinterpreting the definition, but I agree with OP. This seems to blatantly describe Marvel abstracts. Right down to the M-bodies being physical avatars.

Okay. If POTM is fine with this update, I am as well.

Since this CRT looks accepted I can start making the changes tomorrow as it late night for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back