• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two zombie apocalypse survivors fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the looks of Ethan's profile and what I know about the RotD player, their durability shouldn't be too far off from each other. RotD dude can take a serious beating from large creatures and can easily facetank explosions from their own weapons, Ethan can survive similar (being rammed into by a car, explosions). Good question for me to ask is how crazy can Ethan's weapons get? RotD dude can easily shred some of the casual 9-B bosses with their endgame shit. As I've posted in an earlier thread, some of the weaker bosses can easily facetank grenades shot at them - and all three of these guys are stronger than Zomborg.

I'd honestly just wait for the RE dudes to post. I think it just boils down to "Does Ethan have batshit insane enough weapons?". If Ethan can counter machineguns that can tear through huge monsters that can easily facetank grenade explosions, he should be able to take it. If not, probably voting for RotD player.

Yeah should I wait to count this till someone can answer that question?

Last edited:
Ethan just with his current profile can reach 8-C with his strongest weapons, and the profile is actually out dated with the things of RE 8 (which I think should probably mean he will be upgraded to High 8-C because of the bosses in RE 8 but that would be probably another key, though some things of R7 will also be upgraded), but well, currently with the profile if Ethan use his strongest weapons then one shot, the Player will need to kill him before that and although this Ethan is inexperienced he still survived RE7 so I don't see that happening most of the times.

This is obviously a vote to Ethan.

I’ll count this but it raises some questions. They’re more as a result of my curiosity though so I’m not going to pressure anyone about it.

I’ll count this but it raises some questions. They’re more as a result of my curiosity though so I’m not going to pressure anyone about it.
If the questions are about the RE8 then I don't know if can still to early to talking about it here (though I guess it can be used the spoiler thing: a), if about the current profile, in other words Ethan of RE7 then shouldn't be a problem.

If the questions are about the RE8 then I don't know if can still to early to talking about it here (though I guess it can be used the spoiler thing: a), if about the current profile, in other words Ethan of RE7 then shouldn't be a problem.
Yeah, actually I’m mainly curious about the RE7 thing. Aren’t the enemy creatures in that verse in general more physically powerful than the people they’re up against? Cause if so it seems unlikely Ethan could tank very much from them so does he get away with it by outsmarting or outmaneuvering his opponents or something like that while using one of his more powerful weaponry?

Yeah, actually I’m mainly curious about the RE7 thing. Aren’t the enemy creatures in that verse in general more physically powerful than the people they’re up against? Cause if so it seems unlikely Ethan could tank very much from them so does he get away with it by outsmarting or outmaneuvering his opponents or something like that while using one of his more powerful weaponry?
Well, is true that they are physically superior than normal humans, and it's also true that he try to don't let be touched, but Ethan isn't a normal human and it's damaged for them various times, so he resistance of wall level is deserved and his natural regen + recovery medicine help with that, though if the Player could destroy his heart he will be dead, which is obviously possible, but again, Ethan still isn't gonna let be touched easily and isn't gonna hesitate much in use all he have.

Well, is true that they are physically superior than normal humans, and it's also true that he try to don't let be touched, but Ethan isn't a normal human and it's damaged for them various times, so he resistance of wall level is deserved and his natural regen + recovery medicine help with that, though if the Player could destroy his heart he will be dead, which is obviously possible, but again, Ethan still isn't gonna let be touched easily and isn't gonna hesitate much in use all he have.
Okay that makes a lot of sense to me. However, I’m still curious as to the 8-C with certain weapons. Do said characters that the weapons were stated to be able to harm have 8-C feats or are the weapons themselves just insane like that?

Is it just scaling to Jack Baker shrugging off grenades? In that case, RotD has similar feats like Zomborg Prime (and, by extension, the regular Zomborg) surviving grenades from a grenade launcher (even upgraded ones that are plenty more powerful than a standard grenade launcher) or thrown fragmentation grenades with little issue. In which case, the player just uses their crazy upgraded weapons to shred them down faster by shooting their weak point repeatedly, since explosives don't give em' much precision. Likewise, more explanation on the 8-C rating would be very helpful. One of the posts mentioned something about Eveline Baker(?) and I think explaining that more would inch closer to a conclusion.

50 horsepower is equivalent to 37 kilojoules from a quick Google search I did, but that's over a smaller area (punching). Would be wall level but the force could be pretty extreme since it's over a tiny area.

Player and Ethan should be around the same in durability. The player can easily survive Zricera not only launching them into the air, but also the resulting fall. Explosion I'd have to get a video on at some point but CGP just released an update and I wanna play it badly, so I might do it later.

I would say it could probably boil down to how good both are at surviving bullets. The player can have some pretty nasty feats like surviving multiple shotgun blasts in rapid succession at point blank. However, due to the nature of the game working like an RPG, there can be stronger enemies of the same type (e.g, bandits) using the same exact weapon that can kill the player in less hits despite being the same enemy type. Ethan's profile says he can take magnum shots to the heart pretty easily as well, so they could be around even to

If Ethan struggles against weapons that concentrate their force into a very tiny surface area (like bullets) and we upscale from weaker weapons due to how RotD works, then the player would be able to just go Rambo on them with a maxed out shotty/machinegun and spam medkits if they don't get instantly killed by Ethan's stronger weapons. I think a bunch of rounds from a machinegun that is stronger than even a standard sniper rifle would be more powerful than a magnum If we don't consider damage upgrades to be a reason to upscale them from unupgraded weapons, the player would still have that machinegun in hand.

As with the previous post, more explanation on what Ethan can do would be pretty good. If the 8-C feats are valid for Ethan and he can easily pull out something to zap the Player with then that would turn my vote in favor of Ethan. Otherwise, haven't voted yet.

In the case of Eveline she survived a gas explosion that destroyed part of a ship so there is that durability feat for her normal form and after transform is probably even more, so Ethan have the feat of kill her.

To kill Ethan one need to completely destroy his heart, after destroy it he "die", then completely regen after some time and will continue to be alive some hours more, the recover medicine can support his healing and extend the time he can continue alive. It actually even possible that after all that he can continue alive because of something related with the end of RE8, but if that's the case then it's something that will be confirmed in RE9.

Since is needed the input of others for votes then I think is better if is also called someone that remember more of RE7 because most of my memories of Ethan come from the recent RE8, so there is the possibility that I make mistakes about what he had done in RE7 and if his 8-C feats in that part are valid, I know for sure that the ones in RE8 are pretty legit as 8-C and probably even High 8-C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back