• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Town of Salem: The Potentially High 6-A Verse We Have At 9-B

Pikaman

He/Him
So let’s talk Town of Salem.

It’s a social deduction game, and we currently have it at 9-B, Mostly Human Tier characters and a few have guns.

However, the profiles are ridiculously barren, and recently I got thinking about the verse after it nearly got deleted.

So, generally the profiles are based on in-game abilities etc. But there’s actually a lot more to the verse than this, there is lore and backstories to characters outside of gameplay.

That comes from this big old wall of text. First I want to clarify something

Yes, I know it looks sloppy, but this isn’t a fan work, it’s officially created by the developers of the game, and you can find this lore on both the app’s homepage, and on their website, which is where I’m linking it from.

So, what about this lore pushes the verse up from 10-B? Never-mind entering into the upper areas of Tier 6. Well I present to you my friend Jack Frost. Jack Frost is a character that is exclusive to these stories, outside of a skin in-game, however, we can do scaling chains thanks to the fact there are in-game characters that appear in this story and that can wound him. Also helping out is ToS’ incredibly simple in-game AP scale (more on this later)

So it’s stated that Jack Frost is the spirit of Winter, and that the four spirits of the seasons together nearly destroyed the Earth fighting until they eventually agreed on peace, considering they themselves were nearly at death’s door, and it was evident that no winner would arise from the conflict. So, pretty simple AP for Jacky, Destroying the Earth/4 = His AP, and we’ll get to scaling from there. So I’ll just use the common feat page’s number for destroying the surface of the Earth and divide by 4 to get ourselves the figure of 45.810658000000004 Petatons, Multi-Continent Level. Later in the story, Jack Frost gets beat damn near to death by the Plaguebearer. An in game character meaning we can scale from Jack’s feat 🥳 (Note that Plaguebearer had infected the entire Town at this point, meaning he had become Pestilence, further shortened to Pest)

So now onto that AP Scaling, Town of Salem in game assigns each character/role a designated Attack Ranking, unless there is direct evidence to the contrary, it will be assumed that those that share an Attack Ranking share an exact AP, since this is the way the game treats it. So, here is that system:

None
Basic
Powerful <— Pest here
Unstoppable

So we know that Powerful Attack is around 45.81 Petatons now, pretty big upgrade from scaling to regular guns right? Here’s some extra scaling for you, the six coven members all combined their magical might and managed to pretty decently harm Pest. So again, divide by 6 Pest’s AP and get the AP of the Coven Crew Individually. 7.63510966667 Petatons, still Multi-Continent. Of the Coven Gang, w/out the Necronomicon everyone has Basic attack or attacks through controlling others using their magic, so we can conclude that this level of power aligns with Basic Attack. As for the other two ranks, None = Human Level. Completely Featless. Usually not supernatural or with weaponary capable of harming the supernatural, so the massive gap in AP between them and the people with higher Attack Stats is to be expected. As for Unstoppable, we can’t really slap a number on it, but it is vastly above Powerful.

So the AP for this verse that used to Peak at 9-B would be:

None: Human Level
Basic: 7.63510966667 Petatons
Powerful: 45.810658000000004 Petatons
Unstoppable: >>> 45.810658000000004 Petatons

So that’s the AP scaling sorted, now for ability additions (I think some of these abilities might already be there, and not every character here has a profile yet.)

Witch: Biological Manipulation, Mind Manipulation and Death Manipulation through Zombification. Possible resistance to extreme cold, possible limited creation, possible corruption aura, time travel portal creation and mind manipulation through ashes, invisibility, Heat Manipulation, Empowerment on Halloween, Danmaku through Hellfire and Summoning through Hellfire portal (Requires prep time and outside help) Preparation, Smoke Manipulation with certain potions, Body Puppetry, Social Influencing (Convinced several people to join her Coven, persuaded the Town Sheriff not to kill her despite her several attempts to destroy the town)

Medusa: Petrification and Light Manipulation

Potion Master: Possible Acid Manipulation, Healing, Statistics Enhancement

Necromancer: Summoning, Resurrection, Body Puppetry of those they have revived

Poisoner: Poison Manipulation, Healing, Statistics Enhancement

Jack Frost: Ice Manipulation, Resistance to Fire Manipulation, Sealing, Air Manipulation, Creation, Transformation

Pest: Disease Manipulation and Smoke Manipulation, Light Manipulation

So yeah that’s pretty much it

Last edited:
Ok added the link to the lore page since I forgot to do that initially 💀

Can you paste the exact text where it says Jack Frost destroyed the Earth?
Will get the scan soon, Imgur blocked me for a bit, to clarify the scan is not Jack Frost himself destroying the Earth, it’s the four seasonal spirits (Jack being one of them) being on the brink of destroying Earth in their battle before agreeing for peace. Had the battle continued, it’s heavily implied the world would have been destroyed

Oh you just need the text copy pasted, here it is

“The seasonal spirits almost tore the world apart in ancient times fighting over which one of us would be left to rule. When the world and each of us were on the brink of death we all decided to seal away our relics of power to rule together.”

Nvm found it:
"Later? I don’t think you understand the gravity of the situation. The seasonal spirits almost tore the world apart in ancient times fighting over which one of us would be left to rule. When the world and each of us were on the brink of death we all decided to seal away our relics of power to rule together. Now we each take our time to see our perfect vision of the world.” Explains Jack

Couple of issues with this,
  • This is an overtime feat
  • This can very well be hyperbolic, just substantially murdering all forms of life can be equated to a destroyed world or a world on the brink of death
  • Even ignoring all this, no reason this would scale to Jack Frost's physicals unless I'm missing something

ik nothing of town of salem but shouldn't it be at least a higher tier? It needs to clearly be beyond 9-B since that's nowhere near enough to destroy the earth even overtime

This is an overtime feat
Hmm, yeah actually that’s fair, finding a time frame would be tricky but I could rummage around and try to find a way to estimate it. I doubt it’s anywhere close to lengths such as years though. Is there anything like a minimum tier needed to destroy the Earth even overtime? Could go for good old low-balling

This can very well be hyperbolic, just substantially murdering all forms of life can be equated to a destroyed world or a world on the brink of death
I disagree with this, the seasonal spirits are the controllers of the land, they change the seasons, weather, etc. etc. A surviving eco-system of any kind (which should happen somewhere on an Earth’s surface not completely destroyed) is probably enough to leave them somewhat satisfied. Jack Frost doesn’t really have a reason to exaggerate here either, all life on Earth being wiped out would have been more than sufficient of a warning about the threat of disturbing the balance of nature.

Even ignoring all this, no reason this would scale to Jack Frost's physicals unless I'm missing something
It is magic but Jack Frost has elemental summons that use the power of the artefact he used as a weapon and source of power in the ancient battle, these elementals were also only capable of fighting on par with Pest, trading blows and capable of harming him, though individually seemingly weaker even at times. They’re melee fighters, so Jack Frost’s magic has a physical representation Pest was still capable of more than competing with.

ik nothing of town of salem but shouldn't it be at least a higher tier? It needs to clearly be beyond 9-B since that's nowhere near enough to destroy the earth even overtime
^ this, you can’t real-world shotgun a planet to death

It is magic but Jack Frost has elemental summons that use the power of the artefact he used as a weapon and source of power in the ancient battle, these elementals were also only capable of fighting on par with Pest, trading blows and capable of harming him, though individually seemingly weaker even at times. They’re melee fighters, so Jack Frost’s magic has a physical representation Pest was still capable of more than competing with.
Heck, A weakened Pest survived direct magical attacks from Jack’s artefact, so his physicals scale to Jack’s magic anyways

I disagree with this, the seasonal spirits are the controllers of the land, they change the seasons, weather, etc. etc. A surviving eco-system of any kind (which should happen somewhere on an Earth’s surface not completely destroyed) is probably enough to leave them somewhat satisfied. Jack Frost doesn’t really have a reason to exaggerate here either, all life on Earth being wiped out would have been more than sufficient of a warning about the threat of disturbing the balance of nature.
"All life on planet Earth could have be wiped out", far wordier than "world nearly destroyed". Hyperbole isn't purposeful boasts necessarily, it's a poetic shorthand.

Like do you know just flipping between summer and winter over extended periods of time can cause populations to wipe out? That's the implication there, otherwise prove to me they said " oh yeah the planet would be blown up"
All the things you said, unless you DEMONSTRATE me that the verse possesses an explicit universal energy system where Jack's summons NEED TO HAVE the exact power required to destroy the world.

Like if you want perspective, another verse, Dr. Strange, has Strange being capable of using spells High 8-Cs can break out of, AND spells that wreck 2-As, Marvel doesn't have a universal energy system so potency of one spell isn't scaleable to every spell ever.

"Far higher Environmental Destruction overtime", there.
Heck, A weakened Pest survived direct magical attacks from Jack’s artefact, so his physicals scale to Jack’s magic anyways
Demonstrate every single attack ever done by Jack Frost can blow up planets

Ok, I’m currently working on some alternative feats but while that’s being done I have uploaded all scans for non-self explanatory abilities, so getting those reviewed would be great

New Scaling Chain:

None: Human Level (No feats)
Basic: 75.4738847693 Tons of TNT (1/8 of the calc value as it took the combined force of 4 characters on this level to harm someone on the above level)
Powerful: 301.895539077 Tons of TNT (Half of the calc value since it was done by two people clashing)
Unstoppable: >>> 301.895539077 Tons of TNT (Far superior to the below level on a level that cannot be quantified)

Once this is accepted I’ll begin applying the changes including the P&A, Witch is about to be stacked

Last edited:
New Scaling Chain:

Basic: 75.4738847693 Tons of TNT (1/8 of the calc value as it took the combined force of 4 characters on this level to harm someone on the above level)
Powerful: 301.895539077 Tons of TNT (Half of the calc value since it was done by two people clashing)
Unstoppable: >>> 301.895539077 Tons of TNT (Far superior to the below level on a level that cannot be quantified)

Once this is accepted I’ll begin applying the changes including the P&A, Witch is about to be stacked
Added explanations to each tier

New Scaling Chain:

This looks fine to me at a glance

New Scaling Chain:

Just one last change that came to mind, should the “None” Tier have a “likely higher” rating on their durability, as The Doctor can still heal them after they take blows from the higher tiers, which should in theory obliterate them in a second if they have 10-B durability?

Something like “Durability: Human Level, likely higher (Although they are effortlessly killed by stronger opponents, the doctor can still heal them and save their lives, implying they are capable of surviving without assistance for at least a few seconds after being struck by opponents as powerful as x”

I’ll begin applying the other changes today, so glad this verse isn’t 9-B anymore...

New Scaling Chain:

After looking over the circumstances that create the calc again I’ve realised that it likely has more to do with Pest’s unstoppable durability, rather than his powerful AP, so I need to adjust the scaling chain again, sorry.

Basic: 75.4738847693 Tons of TNT (1/8 of the calc value as it took the combined force of 4 characters on this level to harm someone on the “Unstoppable” level)
Powerful: <<301.895539077 Tons of TNT (Far inferior to the above tier, but above the below tier)
Unstoppable: 301.895539077 Tons of TNT (Half of the calc value since it was done by two people clashing)

So unstoppable is half of the calculation value, powerful is far less than half of the calculation value, but more than 1/8th of it, and basic is 1/8th of the calculation value.

That should be the last change that needs to be made.

Also, good opportunity now that this needs another staff go-ahead to check this out:

Just one last change that came to mind, should the “None” Tier have a “likely higher” rating on their durability, as The Doctor can still heal them after they take blows from the higher tiers, which should in theory obliterate them in a second if they have 10-B durability?

After looking over the circumstances that create the calc again I’ve realised that it likely has more to do with Pest’s unstoppable durability, rather than his powerful AP, so I need to adjust the scaling chain again, sorry.

Basic: 75.4738847693 Tons of TNT (1/8 of the calc value as it took the combined force of 4 characters on this level to harm someone on the “Unstoppable” level)
Powerful: <<301.895539077 Tons of TNT (Far inferior to the above tier, but above the below tier)
Unstoppable: 301.895539077 Tons of TNT (Half of the calc value since it was done by two people clashing)

So unstoppable is half of the calculation value, powerful is far less than half of the calculation value, but more than 1/8th of it, and basic is 1/8th of the calculation value.

That should be the last change that needs to be made.
it looks fine

Any opinions on this?

Am in the process of updating all of profiles, currently have done Vigi and PB/Pest, Witch is next on my agenda

Am in the process of updating all of profiles, currently have done Vigi and PB/Pest, Witch is next on my agenda
Question, shouldn't have the Necronomicon as an optional equipment? I believe I have a blog that details what each power of it does in Traitors in Salem.

Question, shouldn't have the Necronomicon as an optional equipment? I believe I have a blog that details what each power of it does in Traitors in Salem.
If you could send me the blog that would be great! I believe all Coven members currently have the necronomicon represented as keys atm, but I could see that changing

Ah is this for Traitors in Salem? I have to admit I haven’t gotten around to getting it yet, is it in the same multiverse as Town of Salem or would a desperate verse be needed for it?

Ah is this for Traitors in Salem? I have to admit I haven’t gotten around to getting it yet, is it in the same multiverse as Town of Salem or would a desperate verse be needed for it?
Canonically takes place after the events in Town of Salem.

Edit: For clarity, it's the exact same Necronomicon as in Town of Salem, so all the powers shown here should also be available to the Coven during the events of Town of Salem.

Necronomicon also has its own personal powers that are utilised by it, which are at the top of the page. Don't confuse those with the spells used by the Traitors.

Back