• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tourney Match. The great Detective vs The Conqueror.

Same rules as before.
I will try to argue for Holmes. Alexander was recommended and should mostly be debated by Apies. Since this is inverse I don’t mind being a bit looser with this though.

In the center of the arena stood a lone warrior, tan with red hair covering his face, robes as royal as they can get, a chariot made from only the finest metals driven by the strongest bulls in his empire, and best of all a smile in his face. Suddenly a voice was heard from the stands.

“If it isn’t the King of Conquerers; Alexander the Great. a surprise to be sure.” A pale man covered in black detectives’s garb walked onto the stage smoking a pipe. His opponent the aforementioned Alexander was shocked that his identity was found out immediately. He tensed a bit, so did the crowd; but his tension gave way to respect as he held out a handshake.
“Another servant huh, quite a surprise to me you can understand.... Hercule Poirot? The detective merely shook his head at that.
“JFK?.”
“Do I look American to you?”
“Uhhh Sherlock Holmes?” The detective shook his head again.
“Ah damn. You win this time let’s make it a good fight” The chariot began swirling around the detective, trailed by lightning. The detective merely watched, waiting for his time.

Is Ioniai Hetairoi allowed for Iskandar?

A no-Noble Phantasm allowed fight would be pretty competitive I feel, but I don't see how Sherlock could ever match Gordius Wheel and IHetairoi

Usually I would for the sake of fairness but since this is a tourney I feel like I shouldn’t.
It isn’t like that is an instant win anyway.
Holmes has enough skill and Luck to last a while and his NP (both passive and active.) make it so a win-con does exist.
The question isn’t if Sherlock beats him in a straight up fight but if he can last long enough to find the “solution.” To beating Alexander (the fact that they likely know about each other in-verse makes this easier.)

Holmes has enough skill and Luck to last a while and his NP (both passive and active.) make it so a win-con does exist.
How exactly Elementary, My Dear does anything against Ioniai Hetairoi? It's not a mystery/enigma, there's no amount of Elucidation that will solve the 10.000+ Servant-level Fighters vs 1

1 That assumes that his first act is NP, when has he ever done that?

2 Sherlock’s NP would be activated in response or even before hand considering how wide he is. It allows him to beat even unbeatable enemies (taken from the description.)

3 In a straight fight Sherlock actually can match him. Better Luck and Agility (you can check the stats.) and Baritsu (under the right circumstances is comparable to a full NP, and he uses this in his base moveset.)

1) No, it doesn't. It assumes Iskandar will use it, and unless Holmes can do something about it, he will lose. And given Iskandar used IH in almost all of his fights, even JUST TO SHOW OFF (against Assassin), why wouldn't he open with it? He is a Commander, not a fighter, his words.

2) It says it can be even beat an unbeatable enemy, but the problem isn't the enemy strength, but the fact he is alone fighting an army. An army with some who are better fighters than even Iskandar. Plural.

3) I said that before, so ???. 1v1, no NP is inconclusive. Therefore, NPs are win-cons.

1 This is Sherlock we are talking about, he will understand all of this quickly. He would probably NP first and could easily react to his via clairvoyance.
2 A large army would still count as “unbeatable enemy.” For all intensive purposes. I fail to see how just being a group instead of one strong person changes how his hax works. His passive NP would still create a solution to the problem. His active would probably help find out that solution anyway since it reveals weakness anyway. His high luck and agility, combined with clairvoyance, should allow him to find that answer and win.

Back