• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tourney match: Joan of ark vs Gabe.

Same rules as before.

Ruler, a designation seemingly denoting power and influence. When Jeanne first walked into the stadium, those unaware of who she was didn’t see that in her. She looked to be a humble soldier in cloth and metal garb. Her first act on the field was to kneel and pray, for her strength, for forgiveness, nobody knew. She then faced the crowd, holding out the Fleur de Lis. Her fans, quite few in number but not in volume, cheered and called out to her. She merely waved to her friends and smiled at their kindness and support. All was silenced when her opponent came onto the scene.
He didn’t even appear human, his eyes were blank and his was alight with power, seemingly made of a liquid as it shifted and swirled. Jeanne put out her hand to him but he ignored it, only chuckling at the thought. “I will enjoy this, slowly tearing you apart.” Jeanne was shocked, what did she get herself into with this man, no this transcendent monster. He then striked, beginning the battle.

Profiles

Last edited:
Questions:

Are we using full power Subtilizer?

How does Servant's intangibility and Invisibility work? They possess bodies to manifest into the world. Does th host body become intangible and invisible too? Or do they leave the body to enter spirit form? I've read that she can't use these powers whilst possessing Laeticia. Are we assuming that Ruler is possessing her in this match?

Can Subtilizer's reality warping bypass or alter the functioning of Servant's invulnerability?

Both resist soul manipulation, Ruler resists mind haxes.

Ruler doesn't have a way to bypass elemental intangibility combined with mid regeneration, aside from the suicidal concept attack (which, for what I see, erases someone from existence) and if Subtilizer can't bypass her invulnerability, then this match becomes a long standstill to who runs out of stamina first and collapses.
But, in this scenario, I can see Ruler winning, since Subtilizer starts to take damage to his real body if he finishes his stamina.

Unless it breaks any rules then second key is fine (even if it does considering that Zhong is in he should be fine.)

Both can't kill each other, due to invulnerability on one side and elemental intangibility + mid regeneration on the other.

If Subtilizer can remove Ruler's invulnerability with his reality warping, then he likely wins, otherwise he loses when he finishes his virtual stamina and starts taking damage in the real world.

Intangibility isn’t used much in Servant battle though, that is just in spirit form or whatever. Can he resist La Purcel?

Servants can't be intangible and fight at the same time, but switching from one form to another is thought based afaik (at least in the animes).

Is Sub's stamina able to fight for hours? Jeanne has A rank Mana (iirc it is related to how much a servant can fight without a master), which puts her Mana above Lancer who has C rank Mana and is able to fight six 1v1 in a row, and could fight Gilgamesh for many hours ( it was probably due to his A rank Battle Continuation more than his Mana, tho), so Jeanne should also be in the many hours range.

Also, just as a reminder, i am not an expert in Nasuverse, i watched many animes, played a bit of the VN and other things, but from a Vs Battle perspective my knowledge is pretty basic

Last edited:
Intangibility isn’t used much in Servant battle though, that is just in spirit form or whatever. Can he resist La Purcel?
Isn't La Purcel a suicidal attack?
It it erases things from existence/destroys concepts then it works, but would be a defeat on both sides.

Jeanne's stamina doesn't really matter if she is invulnerable against everything Sub can throw at her, she could even sleep during the battle. She also resists haxes like mind and soul manipulation

On the other side, Sub's stamina isn't infinite and even if Jeanne can't normally kill him, Sub will start to take damage in real life and die or at least faint.
Also I don't know if Sub's reality warping can cancel Jeanne's invulnerability

Ok, then.
And how that works? When changing form they leave the body they're possessing? What if the host dies? Do they disappear? For how much they can maintain the other form?
Sorry for the flurry of questions

The one being used is Servant Jeanne or the Jeanne in the body of that girl? If its the first there is no body/host, if it is the second i don't think she can use spirit form, Jeanne would probably use Eternelle since the start in that situation tho, as for the time limit, iirc it is their version with less Mana consumption, so it would actually be more time than their physical versions.

If she's the Servant it means that she has all the powers listed in the physiology page? Or she still needs to change form?
I'd say that her invulnerability is the only wincon she has

She still needs to change forms.

But what exactly should be impressive in Sub's profile? Afaik SAO's reality warping isn't impressive even at the top tiers, much less at his level, and unless he has feats of removing Invulnerability/invisibility from someone, there seems to be no reason to assume he can, and even if he can, does he have precog to know he needs to do that, or does he power null via RW all his enemies as first move? I need to search for feats of Magic Resistance blocking RW, but since Jeanne's EX rank is noted to protect her from god level magecraft (which would include RW iirc) she should resist Sub's RW with no problem, that and A rank Revelation will warn Jeanne that she needs to avoid fighting and not wasting mana, as well as warn her of possible wincons she has

Well, I know nothing of both series, I just tried to argument.
I saw that Jeanne mostly fights with her spear, while Sub seems to be more versatile in terms of powers. He also has intangibility and regeneration, and I don't know how Jeanne can get pas them.
If you say that the powers she has from Servant Physiology need to be activated and she doesn't use them in combat, I don't really see how she can win

She has A rank in an ability that tells her most things that are needed to reach a goal, so she can choose the Charisma rank-up of her Saint skill if Revelation says that she can mind hax her opponent, or the HP recovery and fighting until her opponent has no stamina. Also, it is interesting to note that Servants can use energy manipulation to walk in water ( i.e treating a liquid as a solid), so Jeanne can probably interact with him even tho he is a liquid metal.

Unless you can find some really good feats for his RW, i don't see how he can deal with Jeanne's precog and EX Magic Resist.

Well, as I said, I'm just making assumptions because I don't know the series and I thought that regen + elem intangibiy would have been hard to bypass
Ionlisite, who's the one who chose Sub, should comment here

Her Invul only tied to using her NP though. Not sure how many time she can spams that before her mana just ran out

I know, 7-B from the Herc statement? She probably will lose anyway so it doesn’t matter, (This will cause some trouble since I have a servant vs servant match later, we will cross that bridge later though.)

Her Invul only tied to using her NP though. Not sure how many time she can spams that before her mana just ran out
Yeah, this is a bit hard for me to answer since every stamina feat i know the servant had a master or a skill that allowed to surpass this necessity for some time. Her invulnerability isn't from her NP tho, her NP (Eternelle) is a barrier, her, and other servants', invulnerability is related to the Mistery of things, so it is passive (not useful here since it seems this guy is a magician).

I dont think elemental intangibility would pose a problem, when they can hit ghost and NEP2 no problem. I think that regen is her only problem outside of her suicide attack.

The more he regens, the faster his stamina goes, i think, so it isn't a problem and will work against him in the end. d'Arc FRA?

Yep, tho it may be revised again in the future, since it seems the Lion King may be 6A, i didn't read anything after someone said this, tho.

Ok, so two more matches might end early do to elimination. It’s fine, things will move along quicker then. (What should I do for Rider vs Ruler?)

Back