• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

@Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara So i Think in one of the Hifuu CD's its said that, inmortality is an state that lacks from the life and death or the boundary, That does not contradict that Yukari may deny hourai immortality by crossing the boundary of life and death as stated in AoCF?
It's not a contradiction. It's forcing someone who exists outside of a system (in this case, life and death) back within that system, which is why her immortality negation even works in the first place.

Perfect Cherry Blossom is one of the best games to start with, in my opinion. It's fairly easy compared to other games in the series, and is early enough in the series for you to not to know anything about Touhou going in. It also helps that the story isn't too complex.
I'll keep that in mind, though it will feel sort of odd to me due to the fact I like going through things in order for a series (if they have one)

I'll keep that in mind, though it will feel sort of odd to me due to the fact I like going through things in order for a series (if they have one)
Touhou 1-5 are kinda separated from the main series in terms of characters and story. Touhou 6 is technically a fine starting point as well, but as a game it's a bit harder than 7, and it's not like Touhou has a good starting point anyways; No matter what you go with, there's gonna be a bit of a learning curve.

Blog creation is going well.
ZqBl8w9.png

(none of the text here has anything to do with powerscaling)

Been working on a variety of verse power pages recently, and I gotta say, it's really funny how spell cards are by far the single most busted verse mechanic. Over 50 separate abilities, including no less than 3 other extremely busted verse mechanics. Never really took note of how cracked some of these abilities are before now.

Been working on a variety of verse power pages recently, and I gotta say, it's really funny how spell cards are by far the single most busted verse mechanic. Over 50 separate abilities, including no less than 3 other extremely busted verse mechanics. Never really took note of how cracked some of these abilities are before now.
I hope that many of these pages contain refutations to many of the debunks that are popularly made, it would be perfect. Good luck on your work btw

I hope that many of these pages contain refutations to many of the debunks that are popularly made, it would be perfect. Good luck on your work btw
Maybe, depends on if I can work them into whatever I have planned. The spell card verse power page has a section dedicated to explaining why scaling still works under the SCR (shown below, just a rough draft typed up based on what I could remember off the top of my head in a couple of minutes).
ra45Gyg.png

The wall of text regarding youkai lore I shared above is also a draft typed up in a few minutes using what I already knew and nothing else. No doubt it'll be even longer once I start doing additional research to flesh things out.

Unrelated, but revisions are being slowed down by an unexpected source - My mouse is busted as hell and is unable to select text properly (stg it takes like 5 minutes to highlight one sentence), so things are gonna be a bit slower moving until I get that resolved.

Also, I've noticed a disturbing trend where the walls of text I write, even just the drafts that are done with minimal references, somehow end up being just as long if not longer than the Touhou wiki's pages on a topic. The Touhou wiki's entire page on spell cards is about 1000 words long. My description of spell cards, even excluding all the powerscaler nonsense, is somehow 1700 words long. What the hell are they even doing over there?
this is also ignoring how a lot of what they say is just irrelevant or straight up misinformation lol

If I had a nickel for everytime I got trapped by the idea of a possible Grimsokyo considering some details I heard, it would be likely 4 or 5.

Moderate amount, but rather it not have happened twice at all-.

BUY TOUHOU ACE SHOWDOWN!!!
That's one of the few things I know I'm buying for sure! I'm actually planning to buy a lot from the same artist lol

Oh hey, this thread exists. Look at my 18 EX clear...

14 EX clear with MarisaB is on the chopping block next. 8 Lunatic is also in progress Eiren can burn in hell

Hell yes, great job.
also you better take back what you said about Eirin or else......

Back