• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toriko's Calcs

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Yeah they seem to have calcs on him in AP department at least
Although we have differents keys...

(Here) Key: Regal Mammoth Arc | Ice Hell Arc | Bubble Fruit/Four Beast Arc | Cooking Festival Arc | AIR Arc | Pair Arc | Another Arc

(OBD) Key: Regal Mammoth Arc | Ice Hell Arc | Death Falls Arc | Food Honor Arc | Cooking Festival Arc | ANOTHER Arc

Something like this?

Attack Potency: At least Multi City-Block Level (Resisted the bite of a Regal Mammoth for several seconds ), higher via combination attacks | Multi City-Block Level, Town Level via combination attacks (Destroyed a small town's sized iceberg and matched the energy of its fall with a combination, before learning the 13-Ren Kugi Punch) | Country Level via powerscaling | Country Level, higher via combination attacks (At least this high, his casual Flying Forks are a great threat to monsters strong enough to laugh off country busting onslaughts, can potentially send out thousands of country busting attacks at once) | At least Continent Level normally. Likely Large Planet levelwith The Blue Oni (Is able to match the Horse King Heracles) | Moon Level via powerscaling | Likely Small Planet level

Key: Regal Mammoth Arc | Ice Hell Arc | Bubble Fruit/Four Beast Arc | Cooking Festival Arc | AIR Arc | Pair Arc | Another Arc

This are the arcs we dont have:

Death Falls Arc = http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=18514 Singles punches / Combination http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=18085

ANOTHER Arx = http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?bt=221149

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Isn't he large planet there and I'm fairly certain are energy scale is the same as theirs
Toriko's Jet Knife is 0.96 - 5.6 Ninatons (Large Planet Level here)

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Yup that's an upgrade we only have him as moon lvl iirc
Yeah...

Massive Toriko Upgrade in coming (?

And we should probably use the same keys as OBD

I am pretty sure the reason the wiki hasn't used these stats yet is because of problems with KE calcs. I think the Jet Knife calc has been brought up before. I can't remember the specifics.

Promestein said:
I am pretty sure the reason the wiki hasn't used these stats yet is because of problems with KE calcs. I think the Jet Knife calc has been brought up before. I can't remember the specifics.
That can be discussed

But link the others to Toriko page when we use the SAME explanation... seems really reasonable

Ant already explained in another thread why we should not upgrade Toriko to Large Planet level. Mainly because the calc relies on the insane speed of torikos attack to make it as powerful as Large Planet level. Since the writer usually doesn't have this fact in mind when making up the story, it's more likely to be incorrect to upgrade Toriko to such a level because of a misunderstood scientific principle.

That, and because it would mean semi non-serious Toriko and Starjun are on the level of the disciples, which they are not.

Sheoth said:
Ant already explained in another thread why we should not upgrade Toriko to Large Planet level. Mainly because the calc relies on the insane speed of torikos attack to make it as powerful as Large Planet level. Since the writer usually doesn't have this fact in mind when making up the story, it's more likely to be incorrect to upgrade Toriko to such a level because of a misunderstood scientific principle.
That, and because it would mean semi non-serious Toriko and Starjun are on the level of the disciples, which they are not.
But... apart of that...

As long as the calcs don't create inconsistencies with our own statistics, then they can be added.

Sheoth said:
As long as the calcs don't create inconsistencies with our own statistics, then they can be added.
As I said, we used the same justification/explanation as the OBD (but with our Tiering) but we never linked the calcs

He should be at Large Planet since he's going against the stongest of the 8 kings I doubt he was holding back at all and we already have him at that level because of Blue Oni so he just improved over the timeskip where his Red Oni has now become as powerful as the Blue one mostly from drinking Bambina's Pair and of course the Calc is there to support this, so him using Blue Oni in this post-timeskip now would be God-Like.

Please read the Kinetic Energy feats rules page. We try to keep near lightspeed feats separate from destructive capacities, as most fiction writers do.

In addition, the displayed scale of destruction from his and Starjun's combined attack was only shown as Continent level if I remember correctly.

I would appreciate if this topic is not brought up again. That said, Toriko and company are currently eating 4 more dishes from Acacia's full course, so I think that they might reach the level of Acacia's disciples afterwards.

Yup. Ant's right. I just read the new chapter like an hour ago and since Toriko has alread eaten two of Acacia's dishs and is now going to eat 4 more, it's only a matter of time before he eats all 8 later and becomes just as powerful as the 8 Kings and Acacia's disciples...

Antvasima said:
Please read the Kinetic Energy feats rules page. We try to keep near lightspeed feats separate from destructive capacities, as most fiction writers do.
In addition, the displayed scale of destruction from his and Starjun's combined attack was only shown as Continent level if I remember correctly.

I would appreciate if this topic is not brought up again. That said, Toriko and company are currently eating 4 more dishes from Acacia's full course, so I think that they might reach the level of Acacia's disciples afterwards.
My thread is for link the calcs to Toriko profile

Now, If someone wants to discuss Toriko as a Large Planet Buster

Create his/her own thread

Well, one of the calculations that they link to was rejected here due to our Kinetic Energy feats regulations/that classifying him as Large Planet level due to his and Starjun's attack against the wolf king strongly contradicted the displayed scale of destruction from the feat.

However, I am fine with linking to other calculations in Toriko's profile page.

Antvasima said:
Well, one of the calculations that they link to was rejected here due to our Kinetic Energy feats regulations/that classifying him as Large Planet level due to his and Starjun's attack against the wolf king strongly contradicted the displayed scale of destruction from the feat.
However, I am fine with linking to other calculations in Toriko's profile page.
Finally.

And one question, Why the calc is rejected? IIRC we have a calc with Relativistic+ KE

Because of the reasons that I explained above, as well as the ones listed in the Kinetic Energy feats regulation page that I keep linking to.

Also, this should be self-evident, but I keep repeating it over and over anyway:

Several wrongs do not make a right. Just because there are mistakes with calculations festured in some pages, does not mean that we should repeat them as much as possible. Rather, we should probably look over the pages in question as well.

Antvasima said:
Also, this should be self-evident, but I keep repeating it over and over anyway:
Several wrongs do not make a right. Just because there are mistakes with calculations festured in some pages, does not mean that we should repeat them as much as possible. Rather, we should probably look over the pages in question as well.
I didnt said, Im just saying that If a similar calc is accepted, why this not?

But ok, at least Toriko will have the others calcs linked

How have I "accepted" a similar calculation? Just because calculations are linked to in various pages, this does not automatically mean that I have checked up and accepted them. I do not remotely have control over everything that has been added to this wiki.

Okay, here it is, and it does seem like both it and the Toriko calculation rely on speeds that can still be calculated by using the regular (m x v^2)/2 kinetic energy formula, without truly relativistic or ftl speeds involved.

However, the Toriko calculation strongly contradicts that the energy needed to pulverise that amount of rock was enormously lower, as well as that it would make no sense whatsoever for him to remotely rival the power of Don Slime, the 8 Beast Kings, and the Disciples before eating Acacia's full course. It was primarily rejected due to these reasons.

The low end was reasonable, and part of the reason why the high end was rejected, but it also did not not make sense for Toriko to only be rated as Multi-Continent, so we dismissed the feat and scaled from his other showings instead.

Antvasima said:
The low end was reasonable, and part of the reason why the high end was rejected, but it also did not not make sense for Toriko to only be rated as Multi-Continent, so we dismissed the feat and scaled from his other showings instead.
Al least he is going to gain some calcs

In one of my comments (https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/246358#4) is a example of how Toriko should looks like

Well, if somebody in the staff wants to help out he or she can insert links to the other calculations, and scale both Toriko and other characters on his level from them. However, it would be quite a lot of work, and I do not have the time and energy to do a Toriko-verse revision myself.

hold on, is this the same calc that uses relativistic effects for large planet result?

if so, ignore it, since the verse has FTLs, relativity will not work at all

Well, we are going to ignore the Large Planet level calculation, but wonder if we should insert some of the other calculations linked in Toriko's OBD profile page into our profile here?

And if so, somebody needs to do the actual work updating the relevant profiles.

The Living Tribunal1 said:
hold on, is this the same calc that uses relativistic effects for large planet result?
if so, ignore it, since the verse has FTLs, relativity will not work at all
Yeah yeah

Dont worry, this is only for the accepted calcs

Back