• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

To slay a Demon; Tokita Ohma vs Baki Hanma

What's the limit to what Baki can copy anyways, Gin mentioned Niko style (don't know what that is) bordering magic so has Baki ever copied something that is considered close to magical?

What's the limit to what Baki can copy anyways, Gin mentioned Niko style (don't know what that is) bordering magic so has Baki ever copied something that is considered close to magical?
Well close to impossible yes but 🤷‍♂️

Even though hes copied mach punch he unproved, flowing fist, hanayama kourus grip attack. Clearly you don't know anything about Baki or I wouldnt have to explain it to you. Good job you played ya self
The amount of babbling in one post is unbelievable.

First off, yes he copied them all but he didn't improve upon any of them, he doesn't even have The Mach Fist on the level of Katsumi. (True.) I also don't recall any Flowing Fist technique in the verse and Vice Grip is simple AP, not a skillful technique.

I've read all of Baki and am caught up, you just overestimate Baki.

Seeing as both of you two have read Baki, what is the most complex thing Baki has been shown to copy? I see varying ranges from Vs match to Vs match so it would be nice to get a concrete standing of his limits so as to not wank or downplay him

The amount of babbling in one post is unbelievable.

First off, yes he copied them all but he didn't improve upon any of them, he doesn't even have The Mach Fist on the level of Katsumi. (True.) I also don't recall any Flowing Fist technique in the verse and Vice Grip is simple AP, not a skillful technique.

I've read all of Baki and am caught up, you just overestimate Baki.
Isn't this better than the original?
Link?
... Actually never mind... I think his Demon dad told him how to use it

Last edited:
I'd give to to Baki, who is far stronger than the likes of Garland, a Russian wrestler who slammed into the side of the wall within the Tokyo underground arena and shook the entire stadium at this time, he also is stronger than Gaia and his squad, whom fight in warzones and demolish platoons of tanks barehanded.

Seeing as both of you two have read Baki, what is the most complex thing Baki has been shown to copy? I see varying ranges from Vs match to Vs match so it would be nice to get a concrete standing of his limits so as to not wank or downplay him
^^^

If I was a betting man I'd place it on Baki.
Being able to learn any technique he sees would be monstrous in this fight against Ohma.
Demon back vs advance would be a sight to see.

Ohma's already more than used to defending himself from other Niko users, so copying it won't be very useful here. Advance vs Demon Back would be ******* awesome to see man, although you'd probably overdose on the sheer testosterone from the fight lol

Also looks like after the Kengan CRT Ohma will have Resistance Precognition, and Resistance to Information Analysis via Demonsbane. So that takes away some of Baki's more prominent abilities.

I love this match! It's a good day to see that this is possible thanks to the recent stat changes. It almost seems like the revisions were intentionally done to this direction- Joking aside, I ain't complaining, I'm all up for a great match.

Ohma's already more than used to defending himself from other Niko users, so copying it won't be very useful here. Advance vs Demon Back would be ******* awesome to see man, although you'd probably overdose on the sheer testosterone from the fight lol
Also, this is true. I'd pay real money to see this.

Sadly, I think this won't be very fair thanks to the AP difference, as much as I love it conceptually. Baki would scale as a bit above 0,02 tons, significantly more with the Demonback. Ohma with Ironbreaker alone, and that before his evolution, scales to 0,45 tons. At a very minimum it is an advantage of a few times, if we assume Baki boosted all the way up to 0,1 tons, and that is Ohma without even using the Advance, and Baki is using all the imaginable buffs.

I'll analyse later, but the AP difference may make this a bit unfair for ol' Baki. From first glance, I'd bet on Ohma taking this. I think that Baki has more raw skill and capabilities, but Ohma is not far from it, and he's way stronger in AP and Durability, and I think he is much more versatile at this point of the manga.

But it's a shallow analysis, I'll need to see it way more in depth.

Could it be argued baki is more skilled in life and death combat?
Life and Death? Baki can definitely kill, but hasn't in canon iirc. Ohma on the other hand has plenty experience in killing his opponents, although he does try not to kill as of the KAT tournament. So I'd say Ohma is better at a fight to the death, although either combatant here would try to kill each other. Both Ohma and Baki would have a mutual respect for one another and want to drag the fight out.

Just finished reading kengan.
Does ohma have an answer for the brain rattle punch? One of the faster characters in kengan needed several successful blows to do what baki can do in one punch. So Baki could most likely land it. Ignoring Ohmas durability and making whittling him down via battle of attrition.

Just finished reading kengan.
Does ohma have an answer for the brain rattle punch? One of the faster characters in kengan needed several successful blows to do what baki can do in one punch. So Baki could most likely land it. Ignoring Ohmas durability and making whittling him down via battle of attrition.
Ohma's already been violently concussed and fought throughout it already. He could also just redirect the blow away so he doesn't get hit at all, similarly to how he countered Gensai's rush which were aimed for vitals.

Also now Ohma has Pressure Point and Resistance to Information Analysis and Analytical Prediction, which seriously renders Baki's more notable skills moot. So he won't be able to predict Ohma's moves or analyze him to find weaknesses in his moves.

Ohma's already been violently concussed and fought throughout it already. He could also just redirect the blow away so he doesn't get hit at all, similarly to how he countered Gensai's rush which were aimed for vitals.

Also now Ohma has Pressure Point and Resistance to Information Analysis and Analytical Prediction, which seriously renders Baki's more notable skills moot. So he won't be able to predict Ohma's moves or analyze him to find weaknesses in his moves.
So it seems like the match is in Ohmas favor then. He can redirect all of bakis hardest punches.

Correct I'd even argue that Ohma stomps now since he's resistant to two of Baki's major abilities, prediction and analysis.

Could baki possibly copy
Baki never copied Aiki and made it better than Shibukawa's usage, so no he doesn't improve upon the copied technique. Let alone him copying something as complex as the Niko Style which is bordering magic levels of bulls shit.
If anybody can rip off a technique they just saw its a hamna

Copy the Niko Style? Most likely not, The Niko Style is insanely versatile, and some Kata's wouldn't work properly even if copied. Ohma controls the Flow of Power itself so Baki wouldn't be able to copy the Redirection Kata.

And Ohma can defend from other Niko Style users.

Yeah redirection is pretty broken against Baki. He won't be able to land killer moves against Ohma when it comes down to the wire. I think baki may just end up getting countered really badly with the demonsbane before he has time to think of something for it.

Demonsbane is basically unavoidable for Baki, it's a formless technique making it resistant to Prediction and analysis. It's hard for even Kuroki Gensai to counter and his Foresight is able to work on Formless moves.

Whats worse for baki is actually wearing down Ohma is also a nightmare for him. Breaking Ohmas bones doesn't matter that much to him as they do baki

Spite
orangutan-baby.gif
😮1k likes

Back