• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier of Sol Badguy and Guilty Gear as a whole

The_Everlasting

VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
After looking through various calcs for Guilty Gear, I need to ask, why is Sol rated so low? His punches literally generate 11.365 tenakilotons of energy in base, and with his Limiter off, he can fight That Man on equal ground (And That Man is a top-tier of the verse who slapped around a partially transformed [Not Limiter Off] Sol with little difficulty).

From what I've looked through, the Justice information density calc is likely an outlier, considering how the best feats in the verse are otherwise Solar System level.

Also, considering how the MFTL+ Slayer considered Sol capable of challenging him, shouldn't Sol be MFTL+ as well? To further prove this, Jack-O (An otherwise mid-tier in Guilty Gear) is 32,000,000,000,000 times the speed of light, meaning base Sol (And by extension characters like Slayer and That Man) should be this fast.

Any thoughts? Note that I haven't played Guilty Gear in my entire life, so feel free to correct me on any errors I made.

Well, we don't tend to recognise Black Hole feats in fictio, as the black holes do not remotely have the same properties as real ones, and from what I vaguely remember from a discussion long ago it was considered as an outlier. However, he is rated at multi-solar system level at full power.

To be honest, I don't even understand what the barrier feat is supposed to be.

Well, I could restore the page to the previous state of "Solar System level, possibly Multi-Solar System level" if you think that is more appropriate?

Sounds good to me, as like I said, I think the information density calc is an outlier.

Okay. I have done so.

How is the feat not legit?

That Man specifically mentions a Schwartzchild radial limit, I calculated the solar masses of the black hole around Sol's fist, and That Man also specifically says that he is there for damage control so it doesn't destroy the earth. He also says that Sol's fist will carry more force than anything on the planet is capable of producing after the matter is converted into energy (yes, he specifically mentions mass-energy) including rotational kinetic energy of the earth which is 650 zettatons or easily multi-planet level.

And given that the value for Slayer's punch was in the kiloFoe (thousands of supernovae) and Slayer outright tells Sol if he wins "find a few thousand vacant kilometers, then we can have a true contest of power" there is no way this isn't consistent

http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=20496&page=3

Comments on page 3 there ^

Hmm. If the black hole does behave like a real one it may in fact be acceptable. I don't know anything about Guilty Gear, so I cannot say for certain.

However, please take note of the Black Hole feats in fictio page, and be completely honest in evaluating whether the black hole truly behaves like real ones do.

However, a few thousand vacant kilometres is nowhere near thousands of supernovas range, and neother is multi-planet level.

Just pointed out the multi-planet level thing because it was obviously beyond that in power as specifically pointed out

The black hole was going to destroy the earth, that's why That Man contained it within Sol's fist. He also mentions very explicitely the schwartzchild radial limit, so we can determine the solar masses, and we can also apply e=mc^2 because he outright says that he converted the matter into energy.

And attack potency =/= area of effect. Plus it was just Slayer's way of saying that if he finds the right place, he is up for a true full powered brawl between both of them

All right. Feel free to appropriately upgrade Sol's page then. I will unlock it.

I'll change it then if ClassicGameGuys doesn't do it first. After that, I'll probably make some more Guilty Gear profiles.

Back