• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Nameless King vs Korra (Avatar)

Standard Battle Assumption
Results:
Korra (Avatar State): 1 (Brakish)
The Nameless King: 3 (FarerPurple, Demonicdude, Glace)
Inconclusive:

pPuenuJ.png
VS
JF2HFgu.png

Last edited:
The Nameless King has an obvious skill advantage, from being superior to The Ashen One, who not even far after fighting the king (not that he needs to fight the king, as he's an optional boss.), the ashen one fights the soul of cinder, a combination of likely countries worth of warriors and skills inside of one being (being the Chosen Undead, who also matched Gwen).

LS strength is equal, unless the Nameless King gets in close, which is his preferred fighting style.

Mobility is equal, since i guess they can both fly? i never thought she could-

overall, it seems like The Nameless King holds all of the advantages besides ap and durabillity, but it's only a .3x advantage.

Last edited:
Interesting I'll probably explain more of Korra skills I don't know how much info you have on Avatar series, currently busy in the midst of something

In her Avatar state, Korra's skill isn't just her own skills, but also the skills of all her past lives, as well as the Avatar Spirit itself, aka, Raava, who existed since at least a 100 million years and fought Vaatu pretty much constantly until she became the Avatar Spirit, so I wouldn't say Avatar State Korra is outskilled

Getting close will also be tough with Korra's airbending, especially when they tend to have strong winds surrounding her, and Korra is no slouch in CQC either, on top of the skills she getd from Raava and her past lives

Korra also can fly by using airbending to control air currents

Since no one is gonna comment and tournamet is dragging out cause of it I'll go ahead and start

Korra is very skilled in both ranged and hand to hand combat even in Season 1
Being the Avatar she is the master of all four elements Fire, Water, Earth and Air

1-Here is her competing in sports competition (Using her powers)
2-She's taught by Tenzen master of Air manipulation and using it on an enemy.
3-Skilled Martial artist 3:00

Avatar is someone who has skill of all past avatars the masters of all four elements

Here is in full Avatar state mode using the powers (Against Zaheer). She uses Flight and Wind attacks in many creative ways.
Utilzing all four elements to fight against a flying enemy meanwhile being Poisoned.
Since she is in avatar state she has skills of past avatars who gave her a strong will to overcome the poision and win against Zaheer

There were dozens of Avatars in the past, The one the original one was known as Wan
(Here is the clip of WAN battling an evil spirt using all four elements)
so spirit of Wan along with every single avatar that ever lived will Korra essentially.

Korra already as a child was able to use her powers

And as an adult uses Martial art + Four element powers very creatively in fights

Last edited:
In her Avatar state, Korra's skill isn't just her own skills, but also the skills of all her past lives, as well as the Avatar Spirit itself, aka, Raava, who existed since at least a 100 million years and fought Vaatu pretty much constantly until she became the Avatar Spirit, so I wouldn't say Avatar State Korra is outskilled
ah, wasn't aware of that. cool.
Getting close will also be tough with Korra's airbending, especially when they tend to have strong winds surrounding her, and Korra is no slouch in CQC either, on top of the skills she getd from Raava and her past lives
Her airbending is class M, the same as the nameless king, along with the fact the nameless king has a dragon giving him some mobility, i dont think it'd be impossible for him to out maneuver her airbending
and Korra is no slouch in CQC either, on top of the skills she getd from Raava and her past lives
If they do get into CQC, the nameless king does grapple, so not sure that'll end well with superhuman LS vs Class M LS

Last edited:
Her airbending is class M, the same as the nameless king, along with the fact the nameless king has a dragon giving him some mobility, i dont think it'd be hard for him to out maneuver her airbending
I mean, at best that'd make them rather equal, but it'd not be easy for him to withstand Class M winds, so it wouldn't be as easy to get close to her, and besides, she can also use the elements to trap him and restrain him, like how she fought Vaatu in Season 2
If they do get into CQC, the nameless king does grapple, so not sure that'll end well with superhuman LS vs Class M LS
Hm, Avatar State Korra did grapple with Unavaatu, who grew to become tens of meters tall, and besides, Korra can blast at him fire from her mouth to free herself, which is something firebenders (and even Avatars such as Aang) can do. Korra having all of their skills should also know this

Earthbenders in particular have Class M with their bending, but Toph also have a feat of holding down a library by herself, and Avatar state users should be stronger than her

Korra can blast at him fire from her mouth to free herself, which is something firebenders (and even Avatars such as Aang) can do. Korra having all of their skills should also know this
His dragon resists fire manipulation, something that will likely take all of that fire for him.
Earthbenders in particular have Class M with their bending, but Toph also have a feat of holding down a library by herself, and Avatar state users should be stronger than her
certified TLoK profile moment.

Korra also can fly by using airbending to control air currents
Out of curiosity what makes Raavaa skilled enough that fighting him for a long time would be a skill feat? If anything that would just be endurance.

The Nameless King has multiple forms of ranged attacks as well, and he is used to being surrounded by strong winds due to the King of Storms having a constant wind storm around it.

King of Storms can also fly, and the Nameless King has fought Everlasting Dragons that are also able to fly.

Also aside from the Soul of Cinder stuff, skill-wise the Nameless King scales well above characters like Hawkeye Gough, one of Gwyn's four knights, who while blindfolded and being years out of practice was able to snipe a dragon out of the air from kilometers away just by listening to the sound its wingbeats made, and did so with enough precision to just cripple it rather than kill it so the Chosen Undead could fight it fairly

I feel like Gough's feat is a bit more impressive in the grand scheme of things, what with it being a much longer distance, from someone who hadnt shot a bow in years, and who had to go entirely on sound from that distance, but that's fair

Out of curiosity what makes Raavaa skilled enough that fighting him for a long time would be a skill feat? If anything that would just be endurance.
Uh yes, they literally have 100 million+ years of fighting experience against each other
The Nameless King has multiple forms of ranged attacks as well, and he is used to being surrounded by strong winds due to the King of Storms having a constant wind storm around it.

King of Storms can also fly, and the Nameless King has fought Everlasting Dragons that are also able to fly.
Alright, but Korra isn't reliant on flight to fight him so sure

I lean towards The Nameless King from what I’ve seen so far, but debate seems to be ongoing so I’ll hold off on a vote

Yeah I need to get around to updating DS2 and 3 but the nameless king, like all major dark souls characters, can shrug off getting impaled through the head and body, getting struck by lightning, standing in lava, standing in acid, etc.

But doing what exactly? What feats of actual skill do they have other than 'they fought for a long time'm
Fighting skills? You ask for feats for combat and they have 100 million years of experience fighting each other. Even brawlers can get more experienced the more they fight even with no martial arts involved

Yeah I need to get around to updating DS2 and 3 but the nameless king, like all major dark souls characters, can shrug off getting impaled through the head and body, getting struck by lightning, standing in lava, standing in acid, etc.
If so, then what is even Korra's wincon? Since he pretty much can take everything she can throw at him

But if he has Class M too, then he most likely could break free. Restraining is also not a wincon since this is not an incap method

Korra can't really get past his regen and resistance to some of her elements

I'm leading towards a stomp then
Since there are no wincons for Korra you can update me on this,
Either way what about Spirit bending ?

Last edited:
Fair enough I'm calling this a stomp then.
But Korra has a couple of more matches in the tournament this one loss shouldn't tarnish anything, There's more chance of her winning and qualifying for semi final in the next match if you are interested.

I'm leading towards a stomp then
Since there are no wincons for Korra you can update me on this,
Either way what about Spirit bending ?
I mean, it's not a stomp if the king doesn't resist soul manipulation.
Plus, it looks like the NK wears armor and has a metal helmet on. Korra could use metalbending to crush him and /or make his armor useless.

Back