• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Bone Crusher Tournament (2022): Manjiro Sano vs Kai Satou

Round 1 Match 3:

Rules
:
  • Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 10 meters.
We move on to round 3 Tokyo Manji Gang Founder is making his debut here in Bone Crusher tournament can he scare his opponents away or will the former assassin get the best of him, I have a feeling this is gonna get bad real quick !

Adem_Warlock69 vs Spinoirr

Results:
Manjiro Sano:
Kai Satou: 6 (Adem, Random, DD, DT, Darkness, Psycho, Jibz)
Inconclusive:
UrKWN0G.png

Last edited:
Kai seems to hold almost every advantage
Kai has an x3.3 AP advantage (Probably higher since Kai scales a fair bit above Sara)
Kai has the LS advantage (Class 1 vs At least Average Human)
Kai also has his Trusty Frying Pan, while Manjiro has nothing
They seem even in Stamina and Skill

A possible wincon i depends on how Kai acts in character. But im not getting an actual answer.
You mean like his personality?

Kai has a seemingly aloof and absentminded nature. He's often quiet, even during intense discussions and accusations. He's easily one of the most reserved participants, maintaining his cool in the face of various unpleasant developments.

You mean like his personality?

Kai has a seemingly aloof and absentminded nature. He's often quiet, even during intense discussions and accusations. He's easily one of the most reserved participants, maintaining his cool in the face of various unpleasant developments.
Put them both down in a fight. Whats the first thing Kai’s doing?

If I'm going to be completely honest, I have no idea how a frying pan would be useful in this fight.

Though, the way Kai carries himself in a fight should be enough to make up for that flaw.

I need more info on what Manjiro can do before I can make a verdict.

If I'm going to be completely honest, I have no idea how a frying pan would be useful in this fight.
A frying pan (particularly if it's made of cast-iron) can actually make a decent weapon and can also do quite a bit of damage.
Because a good skillet is considerably heavier than most war maces, it would take a considerable amount of arm strength to effectively wield one as a weapon, so one can safely assume that getting hit over the head with a slab of iron weighing five to ten pounds (or more) would cause a concussion at the very least.
Kai also knocked out Keji and Q-Taro on two separate occassions with a single frying pan smack, so yeah

A frying pan (particularly if it's made of cast-iron) can actually make a decent weapon and can also do quite a bit of damage.
Because a good skillet is considerably heavier than most war maces, it would take a considerable amount of arm strength to effectively wield one as a weapon, so one can safely assume that getting hit over the head with a slab of iron weighing five to ten pounds (or more) would cause a concussion at the very least.
Kai also knocked out Keji and Q-Taro on two separate occassions with a single frying pan smack, so yeah
Leaning towards Kai due to this.

Still waiting for further input on Manjiro.

When speed is equalized, what matters most is which weapon is easier to wield. And in this case Manjiro has the clear advantage.

Legs vs Pan

Range: =
Manvouriability: Legs
Positioning: Legs
Adapting: Legs

Speed is equalized, so when Kai tries smashing Manjiro round the side of the head, whats stopping Manjiro from kicking it out of his hands?

Speed is equalized, so when Kai tries smashing Manjiro round the side of the head, whats stopping Manjiro from kicking it out of his hands?
Kai has a pretty big LS advantage, and was raised as an assassin since he was young, so I doubt he's helpless without his frying pan (He even has a Kitchen Knife)

While the ease of wielding weapons is important, weapons are also meant to be a force multiplier.
Weapons through a number of different properties can increase the force we would generally be able to produce just by ourselves, for instance, through leverage, a frying pan is able to move at a faster rate than normal punch and because of that we can generate more with any type of lever that we're holding. (Kai knocked out 2 dudes who're stronger than him with a single smack thanks to this)
Adding to that, if the frying pan has been recently used, it could also be red hot while it's being slung around and it might also have some blisteringly hot oil inside to fling at the opponent
The frying pan can also be used as an shield due to its large surface area

Weapons through a number of different properties can increase the force we would generally be able to produce just by ourselves, for instance, through leverage, a frying pan is able to move at a faster rate than normal punch and because of that we can generate more with any type of lever that we're holding. (Kai knocked out 2 dudes who're stronger than him with a single smack thanks to this)
This fails to account that for a pan to have said leverage it needs to be swung back first. A kick from Manjiro doesn’t need such a thing.
Adding to that, if the frying pan has been recently used, it could also be red hot while it's being slung around and it might also have some blisteringly hot oil inside to fling at the opponent
The frying pan can also be used as an shield due to its large surface area
Well does he have said attributes? You can’t just bring it up, but never make a definitive answer, not exactly fair for the opposition.

Its not on his profile, and the scan u sent literally lacks all context, so its best we presume he doesnt have it. Less contrived that way.

Its not on his profile, and the scan u sent literally lacks all context, so its best we presume he doesnt have it. Less contrived that way.
I don't think we list "has a red hot frying pan" in P&A, but sure, it's not gonna change anything anyway

I'm convinced Kai can take this.

I still haven't seen any good enough points to show what Manjiro can do about that AP (which is 3.3x) and LS disadvantage (Class 1 vs At Least Average Human).

Kai FRA for now.

Yeah, as I initially said, I have a hard time seeing that stat gap getting overcome between relatively regular fighters.
Even if we assumed Sano to have an advantage in fighting style due to legs vs pan, I just don't think that's enough. Kai can also tank things better, after all.

So voting Kai.

Back