• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Those Borne With The Fruit Of Hatred (Injustice Superman vs. Galarian Moltres) (Voting Completed)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
Many a sin can snuff the light in any soul, but none more so than the act of hatred. People can be driven to perform terrible acts out of pure malice, and even the greatest symbols of light can be snuffed when pushed hard enough. Of course, some are just born with malintent in their hearts, and can't help but act in spite of others, despite having perfect examples in far away lands of the good hearts they could have. Today, both of these types of hearts will be pushed to the edge, so let's see whose rage burns brightest, and which of these enraged souls will be snuffed out for all time.

In the blue corner, we have Superman from Injustice, and in the red corner, we have Galarian Moltres from Pokémon.

Superman-Injustice-Gods-Among-Us-superman-38057041-800-1000.png
gmoltres_2x.png

• This is a battle to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
  • Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.
  • Neither character are allowed any outside help.
  • This battle takes place in Metropolis within the Injustice universe, giving the home-field advantage to Superman.
  • Base Superman and Galarian Moltres will be used.
  • Speed is equalized.
With all this being said, let the debate begin!

Superman: 0

Moltres: 7 (ShockingPsychic, ThisThingisReallyBroken, FinePoint, SamanPatou, Ecstasy_Amphetamine, Popted2, Naitodesu)

Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
So if Moltres was to Dynamax and use its Ability Nullification what would Superman be left with?

Probably lose his Flight at the minimum, maybe more. I was about to say that Dynamaxing isn’t its first move, but Dynamaxed Moltres is indeed its strongest form by SBA, and Dynamaxing just sort of happens in the presence of Dynamax Energy, so... hm.
Well, from the cutscene, first thing Moltres does is blast a volley of Fire at the enemy. This Fire and stuff makes enemies incredibly fatigued, which is saying something for Pokémon. What’s Supes got?

Uh...Has any actual votes even been made to FRA? Because I don't think anyone came to a conclusion.

No. No we did not come to a conclusion. In fact, I specifically asked for someone to tell me what Supes does, since im not familiar with the form of media he comes from.

I wanna say Moltres via more versatility, a way to negate most of Supes' main powers, and especially the flames that cause fatigue.

I would like to see an argument for Supes though.

So, guess I’ll try something.
Supes scales to 1.06587330768147 Teratons, while Moltres scales to 3.82 Teratons. Moltres has the AP Advantage, but it’s not that high.

Could Supes potentially blow out the Fire that Moltres flings out with his Freeze Breath? Freeze Breath should also be super-effective against Moltres, exploiting its weakness. Supes’ Flight also seems better, as it doesn’t need Wings whereas Moltres does- Could He potentially take out its wings using his Laser Vision or something?

Oh right. Forgot about Galarian Moltres not being a Fire Type. In that case he has some issues to deal with, but he still holds the AP and Versatility Advantage so I could see him whipping out something that can screw over Supes. Like if it started spamming Stat Boosting Moves.

Moltres’ starting move is his Fire from what we see in the cutscene. The Site Also says it ‘never lets anything get close’ and ‘It has a haughty personality, and conducts itself to its own whims’. This implies it tends to go mainly Offensive rather than Mechanical

Could Supes potentially blow out the Fire that Moltres flings out with his Freeze Breath? Freeze Breath should also be super-effective against Moltres, exploiting its weakness. Supes’ Flight also seems better, as it doesn’t need Wings whereas Moltres does- Could He potentially take out its wings using his Laser Vision or something?
Might as well restate my question.

Bump.

And to answer the questions, I'm not sure, but considering the AP difference, Moltres would probably outpower his freeze breath. As for the laser vision, that could be a possible move that Superman could pull, though I don't know how it would align with his typical battle style.

Just noting that Dynamax can't happen, as Metropolis doesn't have Dyanamx Points in it, and this Moltres doesn't breath fire, but it's stamina/soul absorbing aura which resembles flames.
How prone is Supe to go for a physical approach? As touching Moltres' aura has the absorption effect, which would be terrible for Supes.

Moltres also has stat amps, reduction and receives a boost in AP upon being brought at half-health.

I'm prone to vote Moltres for amps and sucking aura, which is troublesome both at close and far range.

Hmm I'm going to try to start an argument here for Supes to make it less one-sided. I'm remembering some of my memories reading through the IGAU comics and here's what I'm going to ask.

What's the range of most attacks that the bird can use against Supes? Because he may or may not have an advantage over him.

Can the bird survive being thrown into deep space? Superman did use this pseudo-BFR technique against opponents overwhelmingly stronger than him, especially when his opponent here is stronger and can drain his strength as well.

What does he normally start with? And how do those attacks work?

About range, the profile says hundreds of kilometers but I never got why Pokémon have such high range, but it should be at least hundreds of meters.

It probably can't live in space, there's nothing that implies it.

It starts, as seen by the in-game cutscenes, with Fiery Wrath, a volley of projectiles made of his soul/stamina-sucking aura, which can also make the opponent flinch.

About range, the profile says hundreds of kilometers but I never got why Pokémon have such high range, but it should be at least hundreds of meters.

It probably can't live in space, there's nothing that implies it.

It starts, as seen by the in-game cutscenes, with Fiery Wrath, a volley of projectiles made of his soul/stamina-sucking aura, which can also make the opponent flinch.
Flinching is fear manipulation so that alone negs

I'm going to assume that the super high range comes from the Pokemon's weather manip, which is I honestly think is hardly useful in this fight. As for the projectiles, Superman is very good at dodging and he can pretty much fly out of Moltres' range outside of his weather powers. From there, he can accurately pinpoint his location even from afar and start shooting his heat vision to wear him down.

He can even fly Moltres into space or just throw him there to deal with it. He can even take it to the extreme by lifting up the ground that they're fighting in from below and toss him out into deep space. Kinda doubt the flinching thing would affect Superman in the slightest, if you're going to affect him with that much fear manipulation then it won't work unless it absolutely disables him from fighting.

Huh. Well, we've gone to grace at this current moment, but Ecstasy may have some good points about Supes, if he wants to follow up on them.

Back