• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, this came up in a thread recently. The thread itself is not important but the implications.

For those who don't know what Warrior Madness is, it's a state that Thor can enter that increases his strength and stamina tenfold at the cost of his sanity, being unable to tell the difference between friend and enemy.

1. Thor

Now, we already say that Thor has this ability and we include it as Statistics Amplification. As such, we're missing some things.

One, he should have Berserk Mode, as this is what Warrior Madness is and we list him as a Berserker.

Next, I say we add 'Higher' to Thor's AP, Dura and Striking Strength to reflect his Statistics Amplifications.

2. Thanos

Yes, the Mad Titan is here. See, Thanos actually has a fight with Warrior Madness Thor, who was also equipped with the Power Gem. They go back and forth evenly with Thanos only leaving so that he can retrieve a weapon to end the fight as he's sick of it. As such, I believe this to be a better justification for Thanos' 4-B rating and would like to replace his current one with this:

(Capable of fighting evenly with Thor who was in the throes of Warrior Madness and equipped with the Power Stone)

Thanos was on the receiving end of a beating from Thor with the power gem, and I think that it was revealed to not be the true Warrior's Madness that he was in.

Berserk mode seems fine for Thor though.

Antvasima said:
Thanos was on the receiving end of a beating from Thor with the power gem, and I think that it was revealed to not be the true Warrior's Madness that he was in.
Checking through the comics again...(which is quite difficult due to this taking place in multiple titles), you're right on the Warrior Madness part. As shown here, it's not that Thor is in Warrior Madness, they believe that Odin will think Thor's succumbed to Warrior Madness. Perhaps we should make a Note then, because this is a common misconception and we have multiple people, myself included originally, think that Thor is in Warrior Madness?

That said, I wouldn't call it a beating. Thor got 5 hits to Thanos' 4. See here. I think it's pretty even and it's still a good indication of what you need to fight with Thanos. Thor needed to be equipped with the Power Gem to stand on even ground.

Well, I think that Thanos was shown to be very bloodied and said to have taken a beating off-screen.

A note is fine of course.

Okay. I will unlock the page. Tell me here when you are done.

No problem. Should we close this thread?

Well, the only other thing is Thanos' AP justification. The real reason I brought that up, what with him fighting Thor with the Power Gem is because some people on site think that Thanos scales to Thor. Like they're even. Mainly due to the fact that both of them scale above Surfer. We know that's wrong because Thanos has always been more powerful than Thor and their fight showed that Thor need to the Power Stone to get on Thanos' level or beyond. I just felt that it would clear up that misconception and help define Thanos's level of power better.

Okay. What text segment do you suggest should be changed specifically?

I would change his AP justification from:

(Consistently shown as superior to the Silver Surfer. Was able to put up a fight against Tyrant through being greatly boosted by an external power source)

To this:

(Consistent shown as superior to the likes of both Silver Surfer and Thor)

I also don't think we need the bit about him fighting Tyrant because...well... he was boosted in power for it and does not display that level of under normal circumstances.

I will unlock it. Tell me here when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back