• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thor (Marvel Comics) vs Accelerator

Well it's Thor. You'd assume he starts off with lightning bolts & hammer strikes. I don't think he'd use Hax powers right off the bat unless he's OOC. Doesn't he hold back on humans?

DestinyDude0 said:
Well it's Thor. You'd assume he starts off with lightning bolts & hammer strikes.
I don't think he'd use Hax powers right off the bat unless he's OOC. Doesn't he hold back on humans?
Have you ever read Thor's profile?

According to Thor's intelligence : Thor is a veteran warrior with thousands of years of experience using different weapons and fighting many different kinds of foes across the universe, and will exploit an enemy's weak points to his advantage in the midst of battle

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
He cant exploit something in the middle of the battle if he is alresdy dead as soon as the match starts
How confident are you in your opinion?

Thor already has projectile reflection and power nullification(Can negate mystic forcefields and certain types of intangibility)

If Thor uses his power nullification to nullify Accel's AIM field. What will happen next?

And does Accel have resistance to power nullification?

How confident are you in your opinion?

Thor already has projectile reflection and power nullification(Can negate mystic forcefields and certain types of intangibility)

If Thor uses his power nullification to nullify Accel's AIM field. What will happen next?

And does Accel have resistance to power nullification?

Power Null wont help here unless its passive. Besides, the vector shield is High 1-C, so I doubt Thor can null that

Offin said:
DestinyDude0 said:
Well it's Thor. You'd assume he starts off with lightning bolts & hammer strikes.
I don't think he'd use Hax powers right off the bat unless he's OOC. Doesn't he hold back on humans?
Have you ever read Thor's profile?
According to Thor's intelligence : Thor is a veteran warrior with thousands of years of experience using different weapons and fighting many different kinds of foes across the universe, and will exploit an enemy's weak points to his advantage in the midst of battle
Why yes, yes I have. I obviously wouldn't have made that statement without evidence.

According to Thor's weaknesses: "Thor's tendency to hold back against foes of Earthly roots, as he fears his full might may destroy them, sometimes results in Thor being caught by surprise."

Your turn.

WOffin said:
Well, do you think what is Thor going to do first during the fight?
What he usually leads with which is either using his combat experience or using lighting attacks etc. with Mjolnir. Thor, very rarely uses things like time stop. I mean I've read Thor and I can't say I remember him even using time stop.

Does anyone even know how Thor's time stop works? His profile doesn't give much information on it. Does it completely stop time as in everything stops in time or does it work on an axis basis where time does stop but not everything.

I don't think so >>> Thor won't hold back against Accelerator.

By the logic, if those humans really have a strong power.Thor will use his full potential to defeat them

Example >> He used full power when he was fighting against Sentry(Human who enhanced by super serum) or mutant-human such as Juggernaut

Actually, Accelerator is not normal human but awakened Esper/Angel

DO NOT QUOTE WALLS OF TEXT it is a meaningless and clogs up the thread

Thor has no idea Accelerator is that much stronger then him. Nor how strong he is or if his shield

Even then, Thor has only one ability that works, and unless he uses Hax while time is stopped he can't kill Accelerator

Until its revised, Accelerator even without his shield has far superior Durability

Why would Thor use time stop and how would he know the abilities of some random cripple albino kid with a squid? He'd probably toss lightning first. It doesn't matter how much experience he has. He'd never figure out what Vectors are, let alone survive the initial first attack.

While time is stopped he can't kill Accelerator?

Time stop is being used, could Thor use atomization vacuum creation or something like BFR?

Also Acc can't counter BFR during time stop, right?

This seems stompish if it wasn't for the fact that Thor /may/ lead with Time stop, which I highly doubt he would considering Thor's character.

I'd like to point out that Plat Wing Accel also posseses Anti-Magic capabilities, so there's a strong chance he might simply nullify the time stop (in the rare event Thor does use it)

Regardless, Accel has the AP advantage, range advantage, & counter-Hax. He easily wins.

Well it's on the profile, so feel free to disagree but it's staying valid. And Thor's powers are mystical in nature. Time Stop would also be mystical. Ergo, it can be nullified. Amirite?

DestinyDude0 said:
Well it's on the profile, so feel free to disagree but it's staying valid. And Thor's powers are mystical in nature. Time Stop would also be mystical. Ergo, it can be nullified. Try again.
No Limits Fallacy

Anti Magic null needs feats or its moot, unless you honestly believe that Accelerator can nullify a Magic from a 1A

I don't need to try again, nailed it on my first

It nullified up to 5-B via feats, and the metaphysical Clonoth tree is theoretically universal by merging the AIM Fields of the Sister's Network into the fabric of reality. (Link is broken btw)

Also, how do you quantify time stop? You'd have to say that it went above planetary to work. Not to mention, on Thor's profile it says formerly time manipulation. What's up with that???

5B AP has nothing to do with Hax, even then Thor is 4B, it's moot.

You rank Time Stop by range or potency.

Thor lost his time manipulation, but this form uses all its abilities

No I'm saying Accel nullified High regen and 1-3 Immortality from a character with 5-B durability. I didn't mean to say AP. So how much range does Thor's time stop have? Does it have infinite distance? How long does it last? There are a lot of variables at play here.

Ive read alot of Thor comics and cant remember him ever using Time Stop so it would be super OOC to use it.

Accelerator doesnt like anything special like at all, he looks like a crippled albino with a crutch, without prior knowledge why would he go all out against that.

Accelerator in this form doesnt job and will go for the kill as soon as this starts.

So overall this is a stomp, sure he technically has a potential win con but its very OOC for him to use and he'll die before he can.

Back