• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thor Love and Thunder Downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'm going to give some reasons why current Thor in the MCU should be downgraded from Star Level. So, I'm going to look at the reasons for the Star Level rating. The first one is that Gorr can possibly move a star. The only issue is that that's simply an assumption of what was happening in this scene. We don't know that he was doing that.

The other reason for star level is that Gorr scared Zeus, who stated they would need to recruit all the gods to fight him, including Ra, the sun god. The issue is that we have no reason to believe Ra can attack with the sun. We could assume he could move it, similarly to how Khonshu can move the moon, but he only seems to be able to move things in their rotation, not blatantly attack with it. And even if Gorr moved that star, it's not like he showed to be able to use it in combat.

The last point is that Thor still uses mjolnir, which was destroyed by country level energy. A weapon like that should be the equivalent of paper to a Star Level being. You could argue it got stronger, but we've seen no signs of that.

Last edited:
The first one is that Gorr can possibly move a star. The only issue is that that's simply an assumption of what was happening in this scene. We don't know that he was doing that.
And that's why the 4-C tier is just a possibly
The other reason for star level is that Gorr scared Zeus, who stated they would need to recruit all the gods to fight him, including Ra, the sun god. The issue is that we have no reason to believe Ra can attack with the sun.
This reasoning has never been used for the 4-C tier, it is the first time I have heard it
And even if Gorr moved that star, it's not like he showed to be able to use it in combat.
Assuming Gorr moved the star, which again is why the 4-C tier is just a possibly, it's thanks to the power of the Necrosword, and Gorr is empowered by it in the same way Jane is by Mjölnir
The last point is that Thor still uses mjolnir, which was destroyed by country level energy. A weapon like that should be the equivalent of paper to a Star Level being. You could argue it got stronger, but we've seen no signs of that.
The power of Mjölnir varies along with Thor's power, if Thor becomes stronger the same way Mjölnir will, that's why it has a variable tier

This reasoning has never been used for the 4-C tier, it is the first time I have heard it

Assuming Gorr moved the star, which again is why the 4-C tier is just a possibly, it's thanks to the power of the Necrosword, and Gorr is empowered by it in the same way Jane is by Mjölnir

The power of Mjölnir varies along with Thor's power, if Thor becomes stronger the same way Mjölnir will, that's why it has a variable tier
Basically this

I agree with the thread (At least the premise) and 90% of sure that a lot of mods agree that the current rating is bullshit

Ok, I can understand using that as just a possibility. And the Ra thing was just my assumption, as they mentioned Egyptian gods. It overall jut seems a bit strange. Where does the Large Planet Level come from? Khonshu?

Ok, I can understand using that as just a possibility. And the Ra thing was just my assumption, as they mentioned Egyptian gods. It overall jut seems a bit strange. Where does the Large Planet Level come from? Khonshu?
It came from them upscaling from Khonshu moving the moon

It came from them upscaling from Khonshu moving the moon
Well, I'm glad I at least understand where the rating comes from now. But I'd still argue that relies on the assumption that Khonshu can generate enough energy in normal attacks to do that, rather than just simply being able to manipulate the moon's rotation since he's god of the moon

That's headcanon, we already know how Khonshu's space hax works when he moved the night sky, and it's completely different from the eclipse feat
But even then, he still moved the night sky in its rotation, it wasn't used combatively. Everything is headcanon when we're not given explicit information about how something works

Saying that Khonshu moved the moon just because he is the God of the Moon doesn't make any sense, as is saying that Ra being the God of the Sun means that he can move the sun

Saying that Khonshu moved the moon just because he is the God of the Moon doesn't make any sense, as is saying that Ra being the God of the Sun means that he can move the sun
I decided to rewatch the feat. I actually do agree with that one on a second watch, as it seems he potentially did that physically. I'm still not sure about the Star Level part, but since it's listed as "possibly star level", it's more understandable

I decided to rewatch the feat. I actually do agree with that one on a second watch, as it seems he potentially did that physically. I'm still not sure about the Star Level part, but since it's listed as "possibly star level", it's more understandable
Good that we reached an agreement. Do you want me to request for the thread to be closed since your doubts were answered, I think, or do you want to address something else?

Good that we reached an agreement. Do you want me to request for the thread to be closed since your doubts were answered, I think, or do you want to address something else?
Yeah, I think you can close it. There still seems to be people on different sides of this, but the Large Planet Level in my eyes is pretty definite, and the site seems to agree the Star Level is a maybe. I don't think there's much way to change the controversy with it, so I think this can be closed

But even then, he still moved the night sky in its rotation, it wasn't used combatively. Everything is headcanon when we're not given explicit information about how something works
Things not being used combatively is mostly irrelevant to them being used for scaling. The point is not that they fought using whatever level of power, the point is that they're capable of using that much power, so they should be able to fight with it.

Things not being used combatively is mostly irrelevant to them being used for scaling. The point is not that they fought using whatever level of power, the point is that they're capable of using that much power, so they should be able to fight with it.
I see the point you're making. Like if someone can move a mountain, clearly they have that force. But I meant, if we assume someone, let's say, has the ability to only move the sun in its rotation. Then it would take extremely specific circumstances for that to be used in a fight. However, I'm convinced now that that isn't the case here

I see the point you're making. Like if someone can move a mountain, clearly they have that force. But I meant, if we assume someone, let's say, has the ability to only move the sun in its rotation. Then it would take extremely specific circumstances for that to be used in a fight. However, I'm convinced now that that isn't the case here
This'll be my last comment to not take this off the rail too much, but that is a specific ability. Abilities like that aren't assumed unless it's implied or stated that's how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back