• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Wielder of the Rave Stones Vs the King of Dragons

so the only thing i can say now is that in this key Haru has Ravelt his now main sword, which is made of Anti magic wich can negate magic so Haru has a pretty good advantage

If I don’t assume Haru just seal away Natsu’s magic
then 5 forms of Haru’s swords are pretty much rendered useless against Natsu

Natsu can absorb fire In order to gain more power as well as stamina
So Explsion and Blue Crimson would be useless here

Natsu has higher LS so Haru’s gravity core is pretty much useless here as well

Natsu’s fire can manipulate air currents so Mel force is also pretty much useless

Haru’s million suns blade could temporarily blind Natsu with a flash of light

However Natsu has Enhanced senses so he would likely smell and or hear Haru approaching even if he is temporarily blind which also means that Haru’s smoke screen won’t work here

it’s also possible that Natsu could use his LFDM to temporarily blind Haru with a flash of lighting like Laxus is able to do and take down Haru at that point

Haru still has Silfarion which will give Haru a speed amp that is capable of blitzing opponents he is comparable to in terms of speed

However it’s kinda implied that the angrier Natsu gets the more nimble he becomes so he would eventually start to dodge Haru’s sword strikes

On top of that this Natsu has information analysis which allowed Natsu to understand Imitatia state of mind just by looking her in the eye and he could also read and memorize Sting and Suzaku’s fighting style after only seeing them for a few moments So he would eventually memorize and adapt to Haru’s fighting style

And even then the Silfarion sword isn’t really a sword that is known for its powerful strikes it’s more so used in conjunction with more powerful swords such as explosion and so on

really only Rune Save and Ravlet which resist magic and can nullify magic and seal away someone’s magic would actually be useful here

Ravelt resist magic but DS magic has resistance negation

so really I think the battle comes down to if Haru just nullify’s all of Natsu’s magic attacks and seals off his magic

When is it ever implied the Angier Natsu gets the more nimble he becomes? Also Natsu isn't the hulk, his Rage power usually comes from outside sources such as being wronged or having a friend get hurt so that amp likely won't do much.

really only Rune Save and Ravlet which resist magic and can nullify magic and seal away someone’s magic would actually be useful here
Haru always start with Ravelt in this key

also his magic resistance negation: (Users of this Magic can damage characters and objects which are normally immune to Magic)

just because it can damage those things, doesn't mean that Haru still can't negate Natsu magic, also yeah Natsu doesn't resist sealing so Runesave can be used as well

When is it ever implied the Angier Natsu gets the more nimble he becomes? Also Natsu isn't the hulk, his Rage power usually comes from outside sources such as being wronged or having a friend get hurt so that amp likely won't do much.
He got his rage amp in the battle with Erigor due to not being able to defeat him and happy teasing him about it

Ya He gets the amp mostly whenever his friends are in danger but he does get it in battle when he is on the losing side

And where It’s kinda implied is during the battle with Zero as despite Natsu being “Fired up” and sensing Zero’s magic and noting that he is the most evil person he has ever encountered by that point in the story

and even seeing gray get one shot by Zero right in front of him(so that would amp him right there)

he rushes Zero and gets 1 shot him self

But yet when he returns in an even worse state he goes and meets zero at generator 1 and they battled where Zero notes as him being more nimble as he is able to actually dodge Zeros attakcs and block his magic rather than being one shot like he was before
Haru always start with Ravelt in this key

also his magic resistance negation: (Users of this Magic can damage characters and objects which are normally immune to Magic)

just because it can damage those things, doesn't mean that Haru still can't negate Natsu magic, also yeah Natsu doesn't resist sealing so Runesave can be used as well
True I have to re read the chapter where he sealed Ellie’s magic real quick

he just "stabbed" her with Runesave,

also Haru can use Runesave and Mel Force together so he can cut Natsu fire at long distance too
Ya I just reread the chapter he just “stabbed” her and sealed away her magic so he could do the same to Natsu

If he seals Natsu’s magic then the other 5 forms of sword would actually be effective

He got his rage amp in the battle with Erigor due to not being able to defeat him and happy teasing him about it
That's an outside source, Natsu doesn't get angry in the middle of a match for no reason and suddenly amp himself. Using one instance from the entire manga isn't enough evidence for his rage amp to be consistent.
Ya He gets the amp mostly whenever his friends are in danger but he does get it in battle when he is on the losing side
Such as? The only other instance I can think of is whenever Happy teased him. Natsu gets his ass kicked all the time without suddenly Amping out of sheer rage.
And where It’s kinda implied is during the battle with Zero as despite Natsu being “Fired up” and sensing Zero’s magic and noting that he is the most evil person he has ever encountered by that point in the story
I fail to see how that means that Natsu becomes more nimble.
and even seeing gray get one shot by Zero right in front of him(so that would amp him right there)
Again, outside amp.
he rushes Zero and gets 1 shot him self

But yet when he returns in an even worse state he goes and meets zero at generator 1 and they battled where Zero notes as him being more nimble as he is able to actually dodge Zeros attakcs and block his magic rather than being one shot like he was before
That's due to the Magic increase that mages get out of emotion. It's the typical friendship power up that Natsu gets, not one out of sheer anger. Once again, Natsu isn't the hulk who gets more powerful via anger out of the slightest of reasons.

That's an outside source, Natsu doesn't get angry in the middle of a match for no reason and suddenly amp himself. Using one instance from the entire manga isn't enough evidence for his rage amp to be consistent.
Ya he wasn’t angry for no reason it was due to him not being able to damage Erigor at all

He was getting angry prior to Happy saying anything

him getting angry and his fire negating Erigor’s wind armor is what tipped Happy off to the fact that if he makes Natsu more angry it could work to Natsu’s advantage

Such as? The only other instance I can think of is whenever Happy teased him. Natsu gets his ass kicked all the time without suddenly Amping out of sheer rage.
I would have to check back over the manga

but off the top of my head I remember during the battle with Hughes in Edolas he got a rage amp due to Hughes damaging him and Natsu feeling it which allowed Natsu to scare him and then one shot him

I’m also pretty sure him overloading sugarboys mucus magic was due to him being in a state of anger due to not being able to find away around his magic
I fail to see how that means that Natsu becomes more nimble.
Zero stated Natsu became more nimble in their second encounter

That's due to the Magic increase that mages get out of emotion. It's the typical friendship power up that Natsu gets, not one out of sheer anger. Once again, Natsu isn't the hulk who gets more powerful via anger out of the slightest of reasons.
I get what you mean I think it’s been a misunderstanding on my part

now correct me if I’m wrong but you treat his POF amp and Rage amp as different amps??

Which I get why you would as each amp has a different source

I never really saw difference between his POF amp or his Rage amp as in both instances of either amp he typically gets angry and or “fired up” and becomes more powerful

like he became angrier and got a power up due to Ignia threatening his friends

and in the battle with Erigor he became angry at the fact that be couldn’t get past his wind armor which powered him up

the only difference between either amp is the source of what made him angry

so I get what you mean

He did better in the 2nd battle with Zero not due to rage amp per say but due to his anger that stemmed from a POF amp

Back