• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Undertaker vs The Demon King Finn Bálor (Will never get booked might as well do it here)

Pikaman

He/Him
The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and is for the WWE Championship!

In one corner, from Death Valley, California.... THE DEADMAN, THE UNDERTAKER!!!

the-undertaker-entrance.gif

And in the other corner, from Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland.... THE DEMON, FINN BÁLOR!

demon-finn-balor-entrance.gif

Standard wrestling rules apply, win by pinfall or submission, wins by disqualification do not count.

The nature of the above stipulations restrict the following abilities from both characters:

Undertaker:

Lightning is restricted
Ressurection is irrelevant, as The Demon can not win through fatal means.
Body Control and Flight are restricted
Possession is restricted
Summoning is restricted

The Demon:

Fire Manipulation is restricted
Immortality (Type 4) is irrelevant, as The Undertaker can not win through fatal means.

This battle takes place as the Wrestlemania Main Event, speed is unequalised, let’s get this show on the road!!!

The Dream Match of many is here, vote for who you think would win this clash of the Supernaturals!

The Demon King: 5 (@DemonicDude @EnnardTrap1987 @B0NeLESB1rth @RandomGuy2345 @Pikaman)

The Deadman:

Reigns beats both:

Last edited:
Undertaker is a far more experienced while Demon Balor powers seems to be unknown, Experience goes to Taker.
As far as hand to hand combat goes I'm sure Finn is gonna be fast enough but Taker is obviously the better striker.
Since their super powers are restricted I don't think Balor quite measure up to Takers experience and him getting in close quarter combat would result in Hells Gate submission Balor can't even escape Samoa Joe's Sleeper and lost "if I remember correctly"
But yeah I'll wait for more input

Undertaker is a far more experienced while Demon Balor powers seems to be unknown, Experience goes to Taker.
As far as hand to hand combat goes I'm sure Finn is gonna be fast enough but Taker is obviously the better striker.
Since their super powers are restricted I don't think Balor quite measure up to Takers experience and him getting in close quarter combat would result in Hells Gate submission Balor can't even escape Samoa Joe's Sleeper and lost "if I remember correctly"
But yeah I'll wait for more input
If you’re gonna bring up The Demon’s only non scuff loss, in NXT, several years ago, then we should also talk about how The Undertaker’s total win percentage is 77.7%, he’s lost 411 matches, including 2 at Wrestlemania to Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns, the latter of which had to scuff a win against the Demon at the height of his career, even above himself when he beat Taker. Taker takes experience, and pure power, but The Demon is a much more agile and slippery foe that will be hard to catch. Also, Taker has won a measly just under 8.7% of his matches at Wrestlemania through submission, it’s far more in character for him to try and win through pinfall, so arguing about The Demon and Submissions is mostly irrelevant

Taker LS should be compare if not stronger to Kane and Strowman who can flip cars and that's also superior to Balor....

so arguing about The Demon and Submissions is mostly irrelevant

Hells Gate if applied can knock people out I find it funny how people are saying Hell's Gate which is a submission which is one of the most dangerous move to all the sudden be irrelevant

Taker takes Experience, LS and skill all 3. Demon Balor is on Taker's level only because he's undefeated.
As far as skill and striking goes Taker in verse is the Best Pure Striker and avoiding Taker isn't gonna give him a win.
My argument is not submission infact it's not even Balor losing as a Demon
What it comes down it is skill and power and Taker via those two will take it.

Oh very well then I thought it would be a pure Wrestling match no powers involved and all moves allowed.
But if Taker is not allowed to use Hell's Gate then I don't think Taker can win.

The point is that Taker has barely ever used it in Wrestlemania matches to end it. It’s out of character
Um, no?

Taker will definitely be willing to use Hell's Gate in a match.

Heck, he's been shown to play possum, and when the opponent least expects it, they're put in the Hell's Gate.

What it comes down it is skill and power and Taker via those two will take it.
The Demon can more than keep up with Taker in both, not surpass, but The Demon is not far behind in either, and where he falls just short in skill and power he makes up for with mobility and also a better record. The Demon has a 86.6666667% win record, and The Undertaker has a 92% win rate at WrestleMania, but discarding Reign’s victory over The Demon for obvious reasons, The Demon’s win rate is around 92.86%. And again, I’m using The Deadman at Wrestlemania here, since that very clearly is him at his best, if I was less nice and gave him his standard win percentage, he doesn’t even break 80%

Um, no?

Taker will definitely be willing to use Hell's Gate in a match.

Heck, he's been shown to play possum, and when the opponent least expects it, they're put in the Hell's Gate.
I’m not arguing Taker will never use Hell’s Gate or will not be willing, I’m just saying he much prefers a pinfall victory and if you run this match 100 times you will probably be lucky to see it 10 times at most

Heck, he's been shown to play possum, and when the opponent least expects it, they're put in the Hell's Gate
Also laying down on the floor with the Demon doesn’t end with him coming up to you and trying to grapple you or something, it ends with him going to to the top ropes

Taker takes experience, and pure power
Yeah I agree too and hear me out on that as well because I personally believe what I'm about to write is a leagues superior "Fighting comparison then previously mentioned above"

I will not use Win loss records in the actual debate for literally any kind on Versus Battle.

When it comes to fights who in combat is better is at least to me better than win/loss and there's a solid reason.

Entire Win Loss schtick actually goes back to the type of people you have defeated and what type of skill in fights they posssses,
X character defeating lower tier guys aka someone like James Ellsworth isn't the best for the said characters win loss but on the other hand combat analysis is where who takes the cake, That's why the term knock outs exists in Boxing or UFC to find out who holds the advantage
With that out of the way my vote is still with Demon.

Demon FRA, he has a better record and almost defeats tribal chief roman reigns if it weren't for a deus ex machina, taker lost cleanly against roman reigns

Hell’s gate is a reliable wincon that may get the Demon to tap, but is not going to have an 100% success rate, and already has a low chance of appearing, The Demon has numerous more reliable win-cons

Hey, so I wanted to bring this thread up again, because it’s about to fall into Necro territory and I wanna try and keep it going since it was pretty cool.

Vote count has been updated

Back