• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Revisions with 4-B Beryudora

SunDaGamer

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Now that Beryudora finally got his 4-B upgrade, we can finally get some of the Ultras above "At least High 4-C, likely higher" cycle.
So in the Ultra Galaxy Legend Movie, in the climax of the film; Ultraman, Leo, Mebius and Zero (as well as some other Ultras that don't have profiles on the wiki) all fire their finishers at Beryudora which was able to hold it off long enough for Ultraman Zero to grab the Plasma Spark.

So using powerscaling, Ultraman's AP is 0.94 FoE, in Beryudora's revision we agreed that he was at least 282 FoE as a lowball (each Kaiju that makes it up is around Ultraman's level roughly) by multiplying that AP by 300 (Belial's own AP is far above Ultraman).
This put Beryudora above baseline 4-B more than tenfold so I would propose that we put each Ultra that attacked him at Large Star level+ as they were able to hold him off for an extended period of time but not deal any significant damage. In that time, Zero had also received a power-up from the Plasma Spark and defeated Beryudora (by attacking Belial, who was keeping Beryudora together) and seemingly killed him, though he did survive, he was heavily injured. Zero defeating Belial also caused Beryudora's body to explode.

Revisions:
  • Ultraman: Ultra Galaxy Legend Movie key gets "(held back Beryudora along with Mebius, Leo, Reionics Bust Gomora and Dyna)" added to it
  • Ultraman Leo: Ultra Galaxy Legend key gets "(held back Beryudora along with Mebius, Ultraman, Reionics Bust Gomora and Dyna)" added to it
  • Ultraman Zero: gets "4-B after being powered up by the Plasma Spark (destroyed Beryudora)" added in his Ultra Galaxy Legend key
  • Ultraman Belial: his other keys get bumped to 4-B aswell (his later iterations were shown to surpass Zero from Ultra Galaxy Legend) as well as the other later versions of Zero who also surpass his Ultra Galaxy Legend key
  • Gomora: Reionics Burst key added with "At least High 4-C, likely higher (held back Beryudora alongside Ultraman, Leo, Mebius and Dyna)"

Last edited:
As one of the member pushing for a return to 4-B Ultras, and the one who proposed the basis of the arguments here, I am in full support.

Extra notes: the baseline AP used in the multiplication factor also takes from the Original Ultraman's rating in his first series, which is decades or even centuries before the events of the film during which he is far lesser than he is in the aforementioned film, thus making this a lowball of a lowball.

Well, we can't just eyeball and add a + sign. Our current standards of adding a + sign don't allow cases like these as the original calculation is far from the mid point of the tier.

Even if the High 4-C+ comes from scaling the characters to ones within 4-B? And what about the 4-B characters?

Well, we can't just eyeball and add a + sign. Our current standards of adding a + sign don't allow cases like these as the original calculation is far from the mid point of the tier.
OG Ultraman's 0.94 FoE AP comes from his Original Series key and at the point of the movie is significantly above that, the reasoning behind the High 4-C+ rating is that they momentarily held back a guy with 4-B durability
(Beryudora's 282 FoE AP doesn't take into acc Ultraman's AP increase and Belial's own AP)

Momentarily holding back someone does not mean they scale to his durability (and there were multiple characters involved) and even then, it's purely eyeballing. He can just be "higher" if he scales up from his calc. But that reasoning is not enough for a + rating.

Okay, let me see if I got this right. The characters taking part in holding back this Beryudora can be acknowledged as having likely higher tiering, but they won't be bumped up to High 4-C+ due to having vague scaling with a 4-B character?

I wouldn't say just because they held back someone so they can scale to their durability. But like you said, the calc comes from when the character was a lot weaker, so simply saying "higher" is fine. But yes, the reason in the OP is not enough to make them +.

Alright, got it, thanks for the feedbacks.

With that, I believe that would leave Ultraman Zero as the sole candidate of the upgrade because unlike the others, he actually dealt a finishing blow while the others merely held back Beryudora. Which was, oddly, seemingly omitted from OP.

I think it would be more streamlined if you were to state:
Ultraman Zero: Gets upgraded to 4-B (Received a permanent power-up from the Plasma Spark and delivered the finishing blow against Belial who was the core of Beryudora)
Ultraman Belial: 4-B starting with Ultraman Zero the Movie (Surpassed Zero in every combat parameters)

Ultraman, Leo, Mebius, Astra and Dyna: At least High 4-C, likely higher (Held back Beryudora alongside a few other Ultras for an extended period of time)

That seems mostly fine although I have one more question.
Belial who was the core of Beryudora
Is Belial, the core, as strong as Beryudora? And what is the reasons for it? I am just making sure.

Yes, he singlehandedly kept Beryudora stable while supplying it with his own power. Plus, Beryudora is essentially just an extension of his body.

In that case, it is perhaps fine.

Back