• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread 4: Chant His Name!

Crap. My notification went bunk, I never noticed yous were posting.

In any case, have you guys heard of Trigger's 3 week long dark times? Which is probably gonna happen 4 times?

Right, I just remembered. Is there anything about Himala, a Dyna alien? Because his episode had him taking Dyna into a pocket dimension containing a sun, which probably won't be anything but would be a good supporting feat. I just wanna know if there's any further confirmation on whether he created it as the most we have is him saying "Welcome, to Himala World!".

Right, I just remembered. Is there anything about Himala, a Dyna alien? Because his episode had him taking Dyna into a pocket dimension containing a sun, which probably won't be anything but would be a good supporting feat. I just wanna know if there's any further confirmation on whether he created it as the most we have is him saying "Welcome, to Himala World!".

How can i forget about this feat ? We need a databook about Himala.

Watching Ginga Movie Eterlgar shocked to see Cosmos transform into Eclipse Form. According to Musashi actor there a chance for Cosmos to beat Eterlgar if he use his full power.

@Mr.Cutlery Wait what 3 week long dark time? Also I’ll try and look for Himala stuff once I finally get home tonight.

@Tripleaccel555 Yeah that’s pretty much why Cosmos is considered the second (Technically third if you include Justice) strongest Heisei Era Ultra behind Zero. He literally has a fusion form (Eclipse) with a 30x boost that he can access whenever he wants on top of that he has another even stronger form (Future) with another 3x boost.

Look not trying to be rude but i really don’t understand what you’re trying to say here.
Sorry for wrong word. I disagree about Cosmos is second strongest Heisei Ultraman because The New Generation is stronger than him.

Future Mode Cosmos needed 80 , Neos and Heisei Seven to beat Reugosite.

Meanwhile Ruebe can destroy Reugosite and Ultra Dark Killer without anyone help.

If we take scaling himself.

All of New Generation ( Ginga - Z ) >> Future Mode Cosmos.

@Mr.Cutlery Dang it so a break than.

@Tripleaccel555 That was Cosmos from the New Generation Era (Pre-Crisis Impact) fighting a final boss from New Generation Era (Post-Crisis Impact). So of course they were gonna struggle. Also that entire fight is kind of a huge outlier as nobody during Pre-Crisis Impact not even Zero at the time should scale high enough to even hurt Leugocyte.

Also Ruebe was getting stomped by Leugocyte even after getting a huge emotion amp. Previously Ruebe got casually one shot by Grigio Regina who is inferior to Leugocyte. But after the emotion amp Ruebe was able to somewhat keep up with Leugocyte and even tank a few attacks from it. They only beat Leugocyte with an emotion amp on top of the True Vortex Buster which is 10x stronger than their normal Vortex Buster.

Also I was actually referring to Old Heisei when I’m talking about Cosmos being the second or third strongest.

Last edited:
The New Generation Climax movie was literally just a scaling disaster.

Full Power Tri Squad can fight a weakened Tregear. But a weakened Tregear can also hold off all the other New Generation Ultras in their strongest form. Even though previously Rosso and Blu we’re shown to be stronger than Full Power Photon Earth Taiga.

And Taro who is comparable to Full Power Tri-Strium Taiga is somehow able to block and tank attacks from Grimdo who nearly one shot Tri-Strium Taiga and the other New Generation Ultras in their strongest form.

Also all the monsters were amped by Grimdo so we should just treat all of them as comparable rather than one being stronger than the other. Not to mention Ginga and Victory being the weakest in the Reiwa Era makes no sense as they were literally treated as the strongest New Generation Ultra in Base during Post-Crisis Impact who is far beyond everybody else.

Also all the monsters were amped by Grimdo so we should just treat all of them as comparable rather than one being stronger than the other. Not to mention Ginga and Victory being the weakest in the Reiwa Era makes no sense as they were literally treated as the strongest New Generation Ultra in Base during Post-Crisis Impact.

In UFG : New Generation Dark Killer kidnapped Grigio to prevent Rosso and Blu to fuse into Gruebe , that form can threaten Tregear plans.

Grimdo amped those monster which result all of New Generation need stronger form to kill them. Even without boost itself Ginga and Victory need to team up against hellberos. You need rewatch that movie.

In term of scaling.

Taiga Tri Storioum = Gruebe > Ultimate Geed > Orb Trinity > Beta Smark Armor X > GingaVictory.

Tregear doesn't get weakened in movie.

Tri Squad Movie > Tri Squad TV series because movie is pointed all of them restore their full power. Which why despite all of Tri Squad in base form they can harm Tregear compare to tv series.

Last edited:
I don't see why Tri-Squad getting restored means Tregear didn't get weakened. He was literally losing half of his power source.

And Peter already said, Ginga and Victory teaming up on Hellberus is just because of the scaling mess up from the movie.

@Tripleaccel555 We literally don‘t have any information on the current scaling between the New Generation Ultras in the Reiwa Era. So your scaling is just straight up headcanon until we have further information. All we can say is right now the New Generations should all be comparable in their strongest form.

Tregear literally lost half of Grimdo who is the literal source of his power. So he was clearly weakened. Also you pretty much contradicted yourself Tregear saying Groob is a threat to his plans and yet in New Generation Climax a weakened Tregear who was having trouble against the Tri Squad could somehow hold back Groob and the other New Generation Ultras in their strongest form. So yeah like I said the scaling in that movie is a mess.

Also Tregear saying Groob was a threat was during UGF which was during the end of the New Generation Era (Post-Crisis Impact) not the Reiwa Era. In the Reiwa Era the SCW said a weakened Tri-Strium Taiga was his greatest enemy and therefore stronger than Groob from the previous era. In the new era the scaling between the New Generation is a complete unknown other than the fact that the senior New Generation Ultras are all stronger than Photon Earth Taiga.

So yeah sorry couldn't find any databook entries on Himala. Can't find much databook stuff on Dyna's series since he's much less popular than Tiga and Gaia. But he did say he created his world in Ultraman Dyna so we could just write that on his profile as a supporting feat.

Wait what? He did say he created that pocket dimension? I mean it kinda makes sense, but was it explicitly stated?

Actually nevermind. He never said that. Also it seems like the sun doesn’t move and the sky is just fake in the small pocket dimension where he held the town. So I assume the Himala world might be something similar so it might not even be an actual tier 4 feat as the sky and stuff might just be a fake background.

So new episode is out. And I think now we are officially done with the prologue of Ultraman Trigger. Sucks that there is going to be a two week break though.

Overall, Trigger is pretty much at a average 7/10 for me. Really hope it gets much better starting with episode 5 when Z appears. Or was episode 6 when Z appears? Ehh whatever at least it seems like we’ll learn more about where Trigger scales whenever Z appears as it’s confirmed that Z will appear in all his forms including Delta Rise Claw along with Beliarok.

Nah, 3 weeks. 21st is when we're back to it.

I'd say more of a 7.5 for me since I actually enjoy it more. I don't get too critical during early season, and I guess that sometimes is detrimental to me, but it's not exactly priority for me to change that. Also, I think it was episode 8 for Z.

Technically a normal wait between episode is just one week so it’s actually just a two week break as we still have to wait one week either way.

For me the ratings so far for each episode are

Episode 1: 7/10
Episode 2: 6.5/10
Episode 3: 7.5/10
Episode 4: 7/10

So far I liked episode 3 the most but even that episode didn’t have any really memorable moment that could bump it up to an 8 for me. And today’s episode was just kinda okay to me. A bit more introduction to Ignis and that weird beacon thing but that’s about it nothing that could leave an impression really happened.

In all fairness, yeah. Episode 4, while finally giving further tease on Trigger Dark, does fall short on many other things. Characters for example were too sidelined just to make room for a pretty minor development in Kengo's goal.

Yeah I just really hope all this set up pays off by having something amazing happened sometime around the halfway point of the series.

Last edited:
Well crap. I was honestly hoping these were just unconfirmed rumors. But according to the people who posted it the leaker is the same person who leaked a whole bunch of confirmed information.
So Absolute Diavolo is indeed the actual name of the horned Absolutian. And both him and Tartarus will be appearing in Ultraman Trigger which might turn out to be a prelude to Ultra Galaxy Fight 3 as according to the leaker there is almost no Ultraman Tiga elements in the later half of Trigger.

A different version of Woola and Maga Orochi will also appear in the second half of the series.

Here's the english version of the leaks from Reddit.

Last edited:
No Tiga element in later series? That's good, making Trigger isn't truly "Tiga"ish

Now i know why Z would be appearing in Trigger, looks like the series would be the prolouge to UGF3

That mean Carmearra freed from the seal was not just because a mere rocks but becuse the Absolutians interruption

@Mr.Cutlery Ribut I’m not too sure. The chinese forums’ leaks only said the Tartarus and Diavolo and Trigger second half monsters are pretty much confirmed due to the leaker being trustworthy and almost always accurate. But Ribut I’m not too sure. There aren’t any mentions of him so far from what I’ve seen in the chinese forums. Though I could’ve just missed mentions of him on other threads.

@Veloxt1r0kore I mean the problem is Trigger was hyped up to be New Generation Tiga and yet now it looks like it will barely have any Tiga and Old Heisei Era monsters and elements. Plus rather than being a tribute to Tiga and the Old Heisei series it’s just gonna be a prologue to UGF3. All this is not doing well for Trigger’s reputation. Especially not in the chinese fandom where Tiga is everything to them.

Last edited:
I mean, it's like Taiga was supposed to be Taro 2.0 instead being himself, same can be said to Trigger, for tribute i personally don't care that much as long they established Trigger to be unique and himself

Tho now we're questioning the writers choice for this

Taiga honestly felt more like a tribute to the Showa Era rather than Taro specifically. Like there was the episode with Alien Nackle that was a great tribute to Jack. Speaking of which there’s barely anything relating to Jack when it’s his anniversary. Man I feel bad.

Yeah like if they were just gonna make Trigger a prequel to UGF3 I think it’s a horrible idea to call Trigger New Generation Tiga. Cause this is just asking for nostalgia fans to hate on the series when it doesn’t meet their expectations. They should’ve just said it was a new series and will use some elements of Tiga rather than straight up calling it New Generation Tiga.

Huh, that's weird. I remember that same leak mentioning a Ribut Hyper Key so I thought it'd also be a possibility.

And on Trigger potentially losing his identity, that's a supermassive oof right there, and I may have out too much faith on Junichiro. Crap.

Huh, that's weird. I remember that same leak mentioning a Ribut Hyper Key so I thought it'd also be a possibility.

And on Trigger potentially losing his identity, that's a supermassive oof right there, and I may have out too much faith on Junichiro. Crap.
Oh right I think there was a mention of Ribut’s Hyper Key. Though it could just be something that will be brought up in the Galaxy Rescue Force Voice Drama.

Yeah I’m kinda hoping that there will actually still be some elements from Ultraman Tiga towards the end of the series so that we can actually call Ultraman Trigger: New Generation Tiga.

Personal bias has me somewhat agreeing, but it's not the director's fault. It's likely Junichiro may have gotten too caught up in tying Trigger to UGF 3, and there's no excuse for that. This is also unlike X which I remember was inherently meant to be a re-introductory series in which every cameo was meant to familiarize new viewers somewhat, hence its more episodic nature.

Trigger on the other hand, has an actual story that requires that focus to be present at all times. It's like what I've said about Geed somewhere else, in that the focus is there but not exactly the storytelling skills, but this time both could likely be absent by the time the show is back on track with how much is probably being stuffed into it.

Welp there’s no use complaining about this right now. We’ll just have to see for ourselves whether or not all the leaks are gonna be true when Trigger is back in half a month.

Also seems like the Hudra calc still isn’t evaluated after two weeks. Should I just contact a calc member to get it evaluated? Like perhaps the same ones that evaluated the 4-A starry sky calc?

Back