• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

Typically when it says traveling through space-time, it means universe to universe hopping. But it is weird, if you can travel through both, you should be able to travel through them individually. Zero and X displayed this by simply traveling through space in X episode 5. Tartarus diaplays the latter by, well, throughout TAC.

Edit: Not sure if it changes anything, but reading again, it seems that it says "(Noa) helped Ultraman Zero who traveled through space-time".

Mmh, I'm not sure if this is what they really meant, but after reviewing what Gourman said, I think they where only talking about their current space. Because he says "by running something through both" after mentioning only of their present dimensional location, I think they were simply referring to creating local wormholes, which they do.

Typically when it says traveling through space-time, it means universe to universe hopping. But it is weird, if you can travel through both, you should be able to travel through them individually. Zero and X displayed this by simply traveling through space in X episode 5. Tartarus diaplays the latter by, well, throughout TAC.

Edit: Not sure if it changes anything, but reading again, it seems that it says "(Noa) helped Ultraman Zero who traveled through space-time".
Huh sucks. Somebody said it was Noa who traveled through space-time so I assumed that might give Noa time travel. So it was actually saying Ultimate Zero huh.

Oh yeah, rewatched Episodes of X last night, including the finale. And yeah, the Xlugger does indeed have a weird, possibly and stupidly inapplicable, form of Causality or Fate Manipulation.

So yeah in a nutshell. All hail Greeza I guess. Like for real how in the world does Greeza‘s Space Needle even create stuff like the Xlugger (If it really is X’s Space Needle). Like I don’t think Greeza has anything related to fate manipulation, causality manipulation, or reality warping right? Cause the Xlugger is honestly kinda busted if used correctly.

Screw the rule of alchemy; you can create something out of nothing. And yeah, literally nothing else is ever said about Greeza except what we already know and understand. If the Xlugger is indeed a space needle, that's some ridiculous antithesis.

One thing keeping that theory from being true however is the fact that the Xlugger was found as a sort of artifact. Kind of concerning they don't take advantage of that in later portrayals of X because it'd honestly have been interesting to see to what extent the Xlugger's powers go.

True I have seen people bringing up stuff about how the Xlugger can’t be the Space Needle due to it being found outside of Greeza and all that other stuff. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see if they ever mention the Xlugger again.

I swear, there must be a reason for Z being made another single letter named Ultra and the inclusion of similarly circuitry patterned Inner Space. Not to mention Greeza.

So just asking. Should I add the techniques and abilities of the Ultras on their profile? Or should I just update their tier and be done with it for now and worry about the abilities and stuff later? Cause I’ll be honest adding the techniques and abilities with gifs is really annoying especially when quite a few Ultras have so many different forms with different abilities. If you guys still want me to add them all though I guess I’ll still do it.

I don't think that section is too important really, realized that when I was doing X's profile a few years back. But yeah, it's not too necessary and it'd probably be redundant since it's likely going to be more important in versus threads only in which case, we can just link to the relevant section on the Ultra wiki.

Alright. Well that makes things much easier. I should be able to update most of the Ultra profiles today then. Cause the only thing that was really stopping me from finishing them up quickly were the technique sections.

Last edited:
Ah, that's good to hear. I might need to update my draft on that blog. Except I should probably give it a CRT before transferring the necessary info into the final blog. Might be too much steps but I'll have to see how the actual thread goes first.

Btw did anybody ever calc how big Vacuumon was? Like we know that Vacuumon is large enough to swallow the entirety of the Big Dipper Constellation after 10 days so this meant that when it arrived on Earth it already grew larger than the Big Dipper constellation plus it also ate the Cancer constellation. Also it’s said that the gravity in Vacuumon’s body is strong enough to crush Earth to the size of a sugar cube. So I was wondering if any of this would give an upgrade to the tier 4s in the series as Jack could survive being eaten by Vacuumon and later on killed it with the Ultra Bracelet. I'll also post this on the calculation request thread just in case.

Last edited:
Not sure how big he could be, but there is a scene after his death that gives a rough approximation of his size. If I recall correctly he was at least 4 to 5 stars across? That's an extreme lowball, given the distance factor as well. But let's say each of those stars are roughly half of the Sun's, that makes it 690,000 km with a separation distance of roughly twice that for each star.

690,000(4)+1,380,000(4) = 8,280,000 km

Yeah it's horribly lowballed, but I'll try finding the picture for some proper scaling.

Also, is there a scan of that gravity thing? Because that's a real game changer if his gravity could compress Earth into a black hole. At least, I think that was the compression limit, but yeah. Could probably be viable for a calculation as well.

I really don’t think we should use Vacuumon’s death scene. Cause like the perspective and stuff in the Showa Era is rather terrible due to limited CG back then. Not to mention last I checked one of the stars within I think the Big Dipper constellation was like 32x larger than the Sun or something. And there’s like dozens of stars in Big Dipper and Cancer constellation.

The Earth being compressed into a sugar cube was in episode 23 of Return of Ultraman (Vacuumon’s debut episode) but the eng subs on YouTube were terrible and didn’t say that. The Chinese subs and the databook said it’s gravity could instantly compress Earth to the size of a sugar cube.

Last edited:
I know, it's just another possible lowball for it. Probably unneeded though since we have legitimate showings of what he could so yeah. The biggest star in the Big Dipper is the Epsilon Ursae Majoris, or Alioth, is actually only around 4x Solar radius and nearly 3x Solar mass. Nevertheless, still good sizes.

Timestamp for the statement in the episode? I could also try listening to it since I've pretty much been doing that to the other important information lately.

Here's the time stamp of that Earth into sugar cube statement.

They said Kakuzatō which is sugar cube in Japanese so I'm pretty sure the translations about it being able to compress Earth into the size of a sugar cube is correct. Also a bit of correction I think it said Vacuumon's pressure is strong enough to crush Earth into the size of a sugar cube not gravity. And I'm guessing gravity and pressure are the same thing when it comes to compression right?

Last edited:
Ah, they did say pressure. Not sure about that, but that's a feat nonetheless since Jack pretty much resisted it while his timer was already blinking. Might wanna bring this up in Q&A, but let's see what else we can get from that.

Can you make the Q&A about pressure and gravity when it comes to compression? Cause I have no clue how to word a question like that. And it would be nice if this compression feat turns out to be a higher end of 4-B than Zetton’s solar system busting statement.

Although I guess it’s probably best if we also get somebody like Qliphoth to translate the exact wording of compression part from the data book to see what it says before making the Q&A.

Yeah, I can try that. Just gotta find time when I'm not busy with housework.

Getting a translation of the databook would be good too, so go ahead.

Ah I see. Well I guess I’ll see if I could write up a q&a that makes sense if you don’t have time.

I have also asked Qliphoth on his message wall.

Btw roughly what tier would compressing the Earth into a sugar cube be anyway? Cause like I’ve seen a few compression feats with rather high results. Like I think I remember seeing a compression feat where buildings sized objects were compressed to the size of a human being around tier 7. So I assume this would be somewhere around tier 4 but how high would it be in your opinion?

I can find time to make it so don't worry if you can't quite come up with something.

Well I don't have any knowledge of compression stuff ao I can't say. I'm hoping for tier 4 as you are, but it could just as likely be within the far ends of tier 6 or well into 5. But you know, I can't say for sure.

I’ll try by posting it here first to see what you guys think of the question before posting it.

Wait a minute compressing a planet can be as low as tier 6? Why?

So I guess our best bet of an increase in AP is still Vacuumon’s sheer size.

Last edited:
Alright then.

I'm probably just spouting because of having attempted luminosity test of the Plasma Spark before. I'm sure I did something wrong but it's made me very cautious of feats that aren't destruction or creation.

Probably, yeah. There could possibly be more since I haven't seen Ace yet so I might be overlooking some stuff.

On a side note, Antimatter in Gaia is ridiculously versatile. By his being alone, he could probably at least annihilate Earth which could yield Low 4-C AP, but there's also likely situation presented from a character that he could also annihilate the solar system, not to mention the 50/50 universe reconstruction possibility.

Oh wow that's quite convenient. Well, I'll see if I can muck around with it and see if I can somehow come up with something. Pretty sure a sugarcube is far less than 1/1000th of Earth.

So uhh I tried plugging in the numbers that the planet compression blog used in a calculator and this is what I got for compressing Earth into the size of a sugar cube.

So the blog used (3GM^2)/(5*radius)

Mass = 5.973e24 kg

Gravity = 6.67e-11

Radius of Earth = 6378 km = 6378000 m

Diameter of an average sugar cube = 1 cm

Radius of an average sugar cube = 0.5 cm = 0.005 m

0.005 / 6378000 = 7.8394481e-10 m

So plugging that in would be

(3*(6.67e-11)*((5.973e24)^2)) / 5*7.8394481e-10 = 1.8212796e48

And they had to subtract it by 1/10 for some reason so if I do that it would be

1.8212796e48 - 1.8212796e47 = 1.63915164e48 joules converting that to KiloFoe would be 16.39151639 KiloFoe

So if I did everything correctly that would mean this feat is 15.56649229x greater than Zetton destroying the solar system from Earth. So if this is correct than it would be a rather large upgrade to the mid tiers as Jack resisted being inside of Vacuumon and killed Vacuumon with the Ultra Bracelet.

Also I recently found out that Ace’s Ultra Guillotine has a statement of being several times stronger than Ultraman’s Dismembering Halo. So that’s another 3x multiplier in the scaling chain as at the time Ultraman and Jack were comparable.

Last edited:
Good ****** god. What the hell. Well... you should transfer those in a blog alongside the video for evidence and put it in the Calculations Evaluation thread. Should be a priority 1 or 2. And keep in mind that this is a likely lowball since it's a very base reference for Vacuumon's power.

Hey but just saying I have no clue if any of this is correct. And I have no idea why they had to subtract by 1/10 of the value. And I'm also not entirely sure if 1 cm is the average diameter of a sugar cube. But I think that's the average diameter right? They do look really small and seem to be 1 cm.

Last edited:
Could always give it a shot, but yeah, I've also seen 1cm being the size of a sugarcube.

Also, I just noticed the Ultra Guillotine, and that's neat. Should probably also collect statements of specific powers having higher output than normal physical stats.

Also I just realize I accidentally divided by 1000 instead of 100 when converting cm to m. So the results is actually 10x smaller.

Edit: Fixed it in my post. And I guess I’ll probably have some calc members take a look here rather than make a blog and maybe embarrass myself for failing at calcing.

Last edited:
Random thing, but Balloonga Bomb? Wiki says the black hole it creates would destroy the universe. But with the SCW I got from Discord, it says that it would onlu destroy a galaxy, the one where the short story took place in.

Rough quote: "銀河全体を破壊する" which is "(the black hole) will destroy the entire galaxy"

Yeah some pages of the Ultraman wiki are quite inaccurate. Like there are multiple several ten times statements that they wrote as just ten times. And the novel summaries also left out some details or have wrong details. And a lot of their profiles don’t use information from the newer databooks and stuff since I don’t think anybody there has read them. Also they were originally missing the Super Ability Monsters category until I brought up the fact that this sub-species is an actual thing.

Last edited:
An feat i found is ultraman cosmos shifting a planet back to orbit.The planet was near crashing earth and he helped to shift it back with the help of the guardian.Its in episode 22.

Back