• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread 4: Chant His Name!

For power forms I think the only one that isn’t considered a several times boost is Burnmite Orb (During Ultraman Orb) and Solid Burning Geed. Since those two are the only ones that have never been compared to other power forms on screen before.

Also how exactly do we treat multipliers for forms that are considered stronger than a form that had a several times multiplier? Cause Exceed X has a many times multiplier and scales above the Zetton Armor which is stronger than the Gomora Armor which is considered several times stronger than Base X.

Nope I have not seen a single statement about the Gua Siblings being amped. And in fact in series the opposite is kinda implied with how Orb said so this is the true complete power of Gua when facing the complete Gua.

Also the problem with Regulos is because in the prequel Ultraman Regulos it’s clearly shown that even after gaining the Red Dragon White Tiger Fist Regulos was getting beat up by a Baraba given to Volcan by Showa Era Yapool. Yeah you heard me right. Showa Era Baraba was beating up complete Regulos until he got the other fighting style orbs that he later used against Diavolo with Leo and Astra. and it’s clearly impossible for Regulos to have gotten stronger under captivity.

For power forms I think the only one that isn’t considered a several times boost is Burnmite Orb (During Ultraman Orb) and Solid Burning Geed. Since those two are the only ones that have never been compared to other power forms on screen before.
There’s Mebius’s Burning Brave too if you count on the Heisei Phase 1 Ultras.

Also how exactly do we treat multipliers for forms that are considered stronger than a form that had a several times multiplier? Cause Exceed X has a many times multiplier and scales above the Zetton Armor which is stronger than the Gomora Armor which is considered several times stronger than Base X.
We kinda have to rate them as “far higher” or we could just stack the multipliers like “several times stronger than an armor several times stronger than an armor”.

Nope I have not seen a single statement about the Gua Siblings being amped. And in fact in series the opposite is kinda implied with how Orb said so this is the true complete power of Gua when facing the complete Gua.
Yeah we need to rework alot of things 💀 and do you have the scan for that?

Also the problem with Regulos is because in the prequel Ultraman Regulos it’s clearly shown that even after gaining the Red Dragon White Tiger Fist Regulos was getting beat up by a Baraba given to Volcan by Showa Era Yapool. Yeah you heard me right. Showa Era Baraba was beating up complete Regulos until he got the other fighting style orbs that he later used against Diavolo with Leo and Astra. and it’s clearly impossible for Regulos to have gotten stronger under captivity.
We still have the last resort of just listing it as PIS cause to me it really seems like that at the moment. Or there’s a possibility, that they’ve always been Low 2-C or something, but that too wouldn’t make sense. PIS it is.

@WanderingGecko I was thinking of formatting it something like this. Since the Ultra Series does have like a long list of scaling so we might as well list the value on the profile since some people are too lazy to look through the blog and figure out who scales to who.

Also I’ve been thinking and I feel like we should just consider all the power forms to be several times stronger than the base forms at this point. Cause like it feels weird to treat some power forms as an unknown boost when almost all other power forms are considered a several times boost in power when compared to base.

And if I’m being honest with all the timey wimey shenanigans that the series has done recently. I’m really starting to question whether or not all the scaling we have here are correct. Cause it feels like the actual creators don’t consider some of the characters to be that much stronger than past characters. Like the whole Regulos and Gua Sibling stuff has honestly made me question our scaling since they were from the Showa Era and are still individually comparable if not superior to Reiwa Era New Gen Ultimate Forms/Ultra Brothers.
There is a similar case with this one. Take Dragonball GT for example, they have the same frieza and cell from the DBZ series but can somehow put a decent fight against GT Goku

@WanderingGecko Burning Brave isn’t really considered a power form. It’s honestly closer to Gomora’s Reionic Burst which is below the several times boost forms.

Yeah I guess. Also that reminds me the several vs many times multiplier thread I made was never concluded. And I’ve been waiting for that the conclude to downgrade the many times multiplier to 3x instead of 4x since the lowball of several and many are both 3x in Japanese.

It was UGF3 episode 4. Orb or X was pretty much at awe about how powerful the complete Gua was and talked about how this was the complete version of Gua. But point is there are no mentions of them getting stronger. It’s just the same version of them from the past. Only Belial and Tregear got the Absolutian Amp.

There’s also the whole thing with Night Fang getting defeated by Showa Era Taro in UGF2. Though I think we just treated that as a Showa Era Night Fang.

@DestrudoD4Ray That’s different. Cell and Frieza were still the present day version of them and not the ones from the past. So they could’ve just trained and gotten stronger during all those years.

@WanderingGecko Burning Brave isn’t really considered a power form. It’s honestly closer to Gomora’s Reionic Burst which is below the several times boost forms.
I mean why not? He even makes those fire symbols on his body just to signify it being a different form.

Yeah I guess. Also that reminds me the several vs many times multiplier thread I made was never concluded. And I’ve been waiting for that the conclude to downgrade the many times multiplier to 3x instead of 4x since the lowball of several and many are both 3x in Japanese.
You can just conclude it already I guess or bump it.

It was UGF3 episode 4. Orb or X was pretty much at awe about how powerful the complete Gua was and talked about how this was the complete version of Gua.
I guess the versions before were not really their peaks then.

There’s also the whole thing with Night Fang getting defeated by Showa Era Taro in UGF2.
Yeah I’m still suggesting for us to treat stuff like that as PIS or if it has like a massive impact then we have to make a full rework.

Yeah I guess. So I guess that’s a no for the power forms that are explicitly treated as a power form? Mebius’s Burning Brave just seems to be an exception to all this.

Might bump it some time later

Probably

Yeah like there’s this whole thing with Showa top tiers vs Reiwa high tiers that kinda shows they aren’t that much stronger than the past enemies. And than there’s the thing with the exact same Darclops Zeros from Belial Galactic Empire being treated as fodder in UGF3. So it’s clearly shown that the Ultras have gotten stronger as even New Gen Base can casually destroy hordes of Darclops Zero that are equal to Zero during his initial appearance who is above Belial who is by feats, statements, and scaling above Armored Darkness who is equal to Alien Empera who is in turn often considered comparable if not superior to Juda via statements.

There’s also the whole thing with Night Fang getting defeated by Showa Era Taro in UGF2. Though I think we just treated that as a Showa Era Night Fang.
Wasn't that during Heisei? Considering it takes place after Hikari's transformation, which takes place shortly before his debut in Mebius

It was after Taro but before Mebius. Not sure how long before. I think we currently treat it as Showa likely Heisei since we don’t know the exact time of when it happened. Which is kinda the case with every event during the UGF series. Still don’t exactly know when the Leugocyte fight of UGF2 occurred. I think we currently we consider it as an event before Crisis Impact but I kinda forgot why. Think it had something to do with Orb but I dunno.

Pretty much yeah. The UGF series screwed over the scaling real hard. Like there’s also the whole thing with Diavolo being outright stated by one of the director to be on par with UGF2 Tartarus who defeated Ultimate Shining Zero as well. Like I don’t even want to think about the headache that scaling would bring if we accepted that statement. UGF has way too much circular scaling if we combine and use all the feats and statements in it.

Pretty much yeah. The UGF series screwed over the scaling real hard. Like there’s also the whole thing with Diavolo being outright stated by one of the director to be on par with UGF2 Tartarus who defeated Ultimate Shining Zero as well. Like I don’t even want to think about the headache that scaling would bring if we accepted that statement. UGF has way too much circular scaling if we combine and use all the feats and statements in it.
Yeah it was a right decision for us to not accept it, I mean WoG pretty much dies when it kinda contradicts what happens in the series.

Back