• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series - A long overdue revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there.
As per the discussion with fellow verse supporters, we've decided that it's time we perform the revisions previously left stagnant from before the forum migration.

*To make things short, we will be overhauling the current pages; compressing excess info, correcting grammar and format mistakes if any, as well as adding tabber to necessary pages to refine them.

*The second thing is the tiering of Ultras past Ultraman Orb. It's been discussed before, and the conclusion we reached was that:

Because Ultraman Geed's Royal Mega Master (RMM) form possesses a small portion of Ultraman King's power, who is Low 2-C, this and subsequent forms and appearances will be rated, "High 3-A, possibly Low 2-C". The possibility of Low 2-C is due to the fact that the King Capsule from which RMM was formed from is part of the Childhood Radiation, King's essences which were responsible for stabilizing and healing the space-time of universe, as well as the fact that Geed has cultivated his own form of Childhood Radiation which later materializes into Ultimate Final (UF), a transformation that exceeds RMM.

List of characters who directly scales from Geed:

*Ultraman Zero
*Ultraman Orb

On that note, one key of Ultraman Belial would also be upgraded to Low 2-C for having absorbed enough Childhood Radiation to start causing instabilities in the universe. A statement from Ultraman Zero says, "At this rate, the old man (King) and the universe are gonna be destroyed" during which Belial was simply absorbing the Childhood Radiation. Nobody else scales as the form was weakened before being defeated.

*Third, we will be removing all traces of statements saying the Ultras' beam are capable of tearing through atoms and all resistances involving it.

*Finally, carrying on with the request of the previous major CRT, Ultraman Zero's page will be split into two; one covering his time in his prime, the other detailing subsequent major appearances.

UPDATES:

Since I have never once explained the full context of the feats in question, I have prepared and gathered statements plus scans involving the feats.

As per the staffs’ suggestion, here are some scans that should help with getting a more solid idea on the topics discussed in this revision.

Just to set up context of the source feats, here are scans from episodes 1 and 3 of the series in question.

bOCFzpT.png

RChE5fL.png

The translation is correct as far as it goes, but I feel that it’s an oversimplification to an extent. By decoding the statements, I have extracted some parts of it:

(By no means am I an expert in Japanese, as most of these are done and interpreted as personal understanding of the words used in the series)

“With Earth as the center, a dimensional discrepancy/fault (*1) spread throughout (*2 the entirety of) the universe.”

*1: As in a geographical fault, used in an analogical manner to describe the collapse of space-time, which is substituted with Dimension (次元/Jigen).

*2: The specific word was 全体/Zentai, used in conjunction with the word Dimension in order to specifically refer to the space-time of the universe.

In short, the destruction, though not instant, was still powerful enough to cause an entire space-time continuum to become unstable.

Following that is King, who performed this feat:

ZHHkYPb.png

6MkfT5q.png

4JlobaE.png

d054El0.png

I am aware that the statement says that King’s being becomes too scattered across the universe, but I believe that’s merely a case of range limitations as opposed to strain from performing such a feat.

By performing this feat, King’s body becomes scattered in the form of the Childhood Radiation, which circulates the entire universe, keeping it stable while King’s consciousness pulls itself together.

C4QR9Qs.png

Finally, getting back to Ogbu's primary concern, the scans for causing the instabilities in the universe. As we’ll see later in part 1 of the finale, at Episode 24, the Childhood Radiation is essential to the balance of the universe’s space-time.

Statements of it are as following:

ODQ6aRn.png

2fu3Fxn.png

rAEycCk.png

o68qGrJ.png

gvJzJF3.png

Not only that, but the effect was powerful enough to be felt in an entirely separate universe as the one from Geed. I am aware that this is merely a range thing, but I believe it’s also to serve as further solidification that his power is beyond the range of a material universe.

MexDPfQ.png

Last edited:
Personally I think High 3-A might be fine if having a portion of a Low 2-C’s power is still considered High 3-A. But I’m honestly not sure about giving it a possibly Low 2-C for having a small portion of a Low 2-C’s power. Belial even noted how little of King’s energy Riku had compared to him after he started absorbing King’s energy from the universe.

Also Belial Atrocious isn’t normally Low 2-C. He’s only Low 2-C after absorbing King’s energy. So that should be a separate key called with King’s energy absorbed. And honestly even the Belial Atrocious we see in Geed is him in his weakened state. The data books specifically stated that both Belial and Zero were heavily weakened during Geed after they fought for hundreds of years which forced Belial to activate the bomb and cause Crisis Impact.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm also worried about the current proposal, I only included it in hopes of getting a more solid answer about it.

And yeah, I know. Belial Atrocious' key is going to cover for both his weakened state, or technically base state, and after being empowered by Childhood Radiation. On another note, which databook was that statement from? Omega Armageddon took place for over centuries?

Geed Super Complete Works I think that’s what it was called. It’s said that the Omega Armageddon took a long time to end and the fight was in many universes. And that Belial and Zero fought each other for hundreds of years and was forced to use the Super-Dimensional Eradication Bomb due to how weakened he was after fighting Zero. We only saw the ending of the battle in episode 1 of Geed where we see Base Belial defeat Ultimate Zero.

Oh wait nevermind. Just went to find the statement again and it turns out that the guy misinterpreted the statement. The statement actually said the fight happened about 100 years ago not that it lasted 100 years. Also it turns out that before Zero fought Belial he also defeated all the Darkness Five beforehand.

Also it said that Father of Ultra and Zero are the strongest warriors in the Land of Light.

Last edited:
It’s quite a lot of images so I’ll just be posting the thread from tieba with the chinese translation instead.

Last edited:
O-oh? Huh, so there was never any plan for the Darkness Five...

Also, since there isn't much traction here, I'm gonna be contacting staffs to come take a look.

Yeah I know there’s no plans for them but I just decided to mention it since that’s apparently what happened before Geed in case anybody was wondering where the Darkness Five were at even though all of them were supposed to be alive. But yeah there’s quite a bit of information from all the Super Complete Works.

I don't know this verse, and there's no scans in the OP for me to give any reasnoble input. If the OP could update them that would be great.

Although I will say this.

On that note, one key of Ultraman Belial would also be upgraded to Low 2-C for having absorbed enough Childhood Radiation to start causing instabilities in the universe. A statement from Ultraman Zero says, "At this rate, the old man (King) and the universe are gonna be destroyed" during which Belial was simply absorbing the Childhood Radiation. Nobody else scales as the form was weakened before being defeated.
Causing instabilities in the universe isn't a Low 2-C feat, that sounds pretty unquantifiable unless we have some direct feats for those instabilities. And destroying a universe is a 3-A feat unless there's proof they're destroying the timeline itself.

I don't know a lot about the verse but I agree with Ogbunabali's points. There should be some linked evidence in the OP.

Understood, I am currently getting the scans and preparing the draft explaining the sequence of scaling if needed.

I have updated the OP with scans explaining the root source of the feat as well as the part about causing universal instabilities.

Thank you to everybody who are helping out.

Just to set up context of the source feats, here are scans from episodes 1 and 3 of the series in question.

bOCFzpT.png

RChE5fL.png
This seems like a 3-A feat if the collapse of the universe actually happened. If not, not sure we should rate it as 3-A, because "disruption spreading" doesn't mean the blast spread if it wasn't shown.
*1: As in a geographical fault, used in an analogical manner to describe the collapse of space-time, which is substituted with Dimension (次元/Jigen).

*2: The specific word was 全体/Zentai, used in conjunction with the word Dimension in order to specifically refer to the space-time of the universe.
I'm not familiar at all with Japanese so I can't confirm or deny this. You can ask some of our Japanese speaking members to translate the raws.
Following that is King, who performed this feat:
I'm not sure what feat you're referring to here. I didn't see any feat there besides Ultramen getting healing and fusion.
This seems fine, but more as a supporting feat rather than a direct one. If the person preforming the first feat of universe destruction is legit, then I guess I'm fine with a 3-A rating.

I have sent a translation request to a member, ShiroyashaGin, hopefully he's available.

"This seems like a 3-A feat if the collapse of the universe actually happened. If not, not sure we should rate it as 3-A, because "disruption spreading" doesn't mean the blast spread if it wasn't shown."

The destruction never fully happened, but it was ignited from an item called the Super Dimensional (or Space-Time, if you take Jikuu literally) Annihilation Bomb, the explosion of which actually spread throughout the universe as seen in these scans (I'm sorry that these weren't included in the update):

WmjqhcK.png

3hJB9Ci.png

As seen here, the explosion ripped through the universe, lighting up distant planets or stars before forming a black hole which is seen in the first scan. Said black hole is also a rip in space-time itself, causing its collapse. I recall a similar feat being quantified to a High 3-A to possibly Low 2-C level somewhere, like the Icon of Sin and I thought it would be a similar case here as well.

Also, I'm not sure where exactly to fit this, but there are already 3-A feats before this, and they weren't enough to warrant a direct intervention from Ultraman King himself.

EDIT:

"I'm not sure what feat you're referring to here. I didn't see any feat there besides Ultramen getting healing and fusion."

The feat was that Ultraman King merged himself into the entirety of the universe, including its space-time, hopefully as supported by the statements already provided before.

The destruction never fully happened, but it was ignited from an item called the Super Dimensional (or Space-Time, if you take Jikuu literally) Annihilation Bomb, the explosion of which actually spread throughout the universe as seen in these scans (I'm sorry that these weren't included in the update):
Why didn't it fully happen?

And if this was done through an item why would anyone scale to it?

Nobody scales from the bomb, that was, admittedly, just to provide context for the root feat. The true scaling chain comes from Ultraman King's feat of merging with the universe, who in turn was the reason why the destruction never fully happened as it was reversed before such could happen.

Well if he stopped the universe from being destroyed and he himself merged with the universe, him being universal is fine with me. But I don't see why anyone would scale to that.

Well if he stopped the universe from being destroyed and he himself merged with the universe, him being universal is fine with me. But I don't see why anyone would scale to that.
And that where the problem begin, Geed and Belial iirc using the part of Ultraman King power for their fusion form

(This was written before I viewed the new message) Like said before, him merging with the universe resulted in the creation of the substances called Childhood Radiation, which are his essences which is also what's keeping the universe stable. Over the course of the series, the main character would obtain power that was imbued with a small, but more concentrated amount of those substances.

I'm still not sure about how to treat feats reaching into tier 2, so can you elaborate so I too can get a clearer picture on how to treat this?

In order to get into Low 2-C, he'd need to destroy/significantly affect the whole space-time. As in destroying the universe in all the past, present and future. Which I haven't seen from the scans linked above. If the translations say that it's referring to the whole of space-time in the above scan and there's a more direct feat somewhere I'd be fine with Low 2-C outright. But if it's just the wording, an "At least 3-A, likely/possibly Low 2-C" rating would be safer.

I took it upon myself to translate the raw line stated here:

NOTE: Apologies, but I seem to be unable to get a specific timeframe on the video. The line appears in 1:07 of the video.

Here's what I decoded: "地球を中心にしょじた次元の断層は、宇宙全体に広がる"
The translation I did before remains largely the same: "Centered around Earth, a dimensional fault spreads throughout the entire universe"
Here's what Google Translate gave me: "Dimensional faults centered on the earth spread throughout the universe"

Both seems to share roughly the same meaning. Now from what I understand, the word dimension is normally used to substitute the word space-time, which is what Belial's bomb was meant for. The bomb in question is named the Super Dimensional Eradication Bomb (超"時空"消滅爆弾 | Note that the word in quotation marks says "Jikuu", which literally translates into space-time).

I bring this back in hopes of assuring that the damage caused was already affecting the space-time of the universe. Going by the statement, it appears that the explosion itself is in fact the disruption mentioned before, it just needed the black hole in order cause total collapse. In response to this, King merges with the universe, binding his energy with into it in order to stabilize the dimensional instability. A portion of King's energy is then encapsulated into what is called an Ultra Capsule, which is directly injected into the main character upon usage. And that's the scaling chain me and the other supporters were able to come to.

I have said my piece, I hope @SunDaGamer, @Peter1129 and @Veloxt1r0kore are able to give their two cents as well.

Last edited:
The timestamp worked for me so you're good.

And yeah, I think "At least 3-A, likely/possibly Low 2-C" is safer in this case personally.

So have you reached a conclusion here now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back