• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Liyue Chapter Traveler and UBW Shirou Emiya.
Both Low 7-B.
Speed is equalized.
Both start just 25 meters away and they are in the burning city Fuyuki.

AP:
Shirou is 9-A with 1.9 megaton Swords.
The Traveler is 2 megatons.

The Traveler: 4
Shirou Emiya:
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Well shit. It's a battle of the old and new for me. My oldest verse vs my newest one.

The Liyue Traveler has a massive AP advantage here, since he scales equal to or above Childe, who scales above Signora, who scales massively above Venti, who is equal to or above the Mondstadt Traveler, who is about equal with Razor, who casually performed the 2 megaton cloud feat. Suffice to say that the Traveler close to one-shots with anything if it's a direct hit if Shirou really only has 1.9 megaton swords.

The gap in skill is unlikely to be very wide since the Traveler kept up with Childe, who's a master of nearly all forms of weaponry, and the Traveler can spam long-range elemental AOEs to wear away at Shirou, who won't have the breathing room to cast UBW. That said, if Shirou does manage to cast UBW, it's game over for the Traveler, who won't be able to keep up with the sword rain. Shirou isn't likely to use his insta-win hax like Gae Bolg, but on the off-chance he does go for it, that's another win-con.

Overall, I'm leaning towards the Traveler, 7/10. The Traveler's elemental AOEs are far stronger and more consistent than Shirou's own powerful moves without UBW. Caladbolg is costly so he'd prefer to save it and Gae Bolg isn't something he'd be likely to use in-character in his UBW key. The Traveler can easily pile on the pressure with his own attacks, and Shirou will be too busy defending to have the time to cast UBW, especially since the Traveler wouldn't be stupid enough to stand still and try to break through Rho Aias when they could easily attack around it.

Fair enough! Thanks for the reply. Vote counted.

All counted.

I plan to do more Genshin vs Fate battles since they're both the same tier now.

Traveler seems to use a sword as it's in their standard equipment so once Shirou traces that sword he will know everything about traveler and because of that he will go for his best move right of the start something like rho aias+ ubw or gae bolg so voting Shirou

People seems to forget tracing allows Shirou to receive complete knowledge of the weapon from it's history to the user's skills so yeah Shirou will know everything Traveler can do with his limited info analysis via tracing so Shirou pretty much starts with the complete knowledge of Traveler

complete knowledge of Traveler
i thought it was the weapons history, does it really allow him to know everything about the traveler,
doesnt the traveler use magic or anything else or does he fight exclusively with the sword?

i thought it was the weapons history, does it really allow him to know everything about the traveler,
doesnt the traveler use magic or anything else or does he fight exclusively with the sword?
The weapons history will cover traveler's history too and no the traveler doesn't just relays on swords

These are the things tracing does
1)Judging the concept of creation
2)Hypothesizing the basic structure
3)Duplicating the composition material
4)Imitating the skill of its making
5)Sympathizing with the experience of its growth
6)Reproducing the accumulated years
7)Excelling every manufacturing process
Meaning anything that the user has done while being in possession of the weapon will be known by Shirou but he can only copy the skills related to the weapon he traces the rest is just knowledge of what the opponent can do

im aware of the ability its just tracing the weapon, doesnt literally allow shirou to know everything about the opponent.

im aware of the ability its just tracing the weapon, doesnt literally allow shirou to know everything about the opponent.
The sixth step( Reproducing the accumulated years) means all of the years with the weapons will also be learnt by Shirou

Plus heaven's feel anime makes it even more clear when Shirou herc's labours

The sixth step( Reproducing the accumulated years) means all of the years with the weapons will also be learnt by Shirou
i don't disagree. everything link between the swords history to the traveler he will know
its why i asked if the traveler fought with anything else...

Back