• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Superstar vs The Gambler

Kinji Hikari vs Mettaton
METTATON
8-B/17.75 Tons, but he scales higher than Asgore.
He has piror knowledge of Hakari.
Mettaton will be in NEO.
He will also have 5 days' worth of prep.

HAKARI
8-A/114.36 Tons.
No prior knowledge.
He has Jackpot.

BOTH
Speed is unequal.

Battle takes place in a large stadium.
WHO WINS

The Gambler:

The Superstar:
Incon:

Besides the ap difference being how Hakari wins, if those soul and dura neg hits from Mettaton are severe enough then he should win.

Besides the ap difference being how Hakari wins, if those soul and dura neg hits from Mettaton are severe enough then he should win.
Hakari has resistance to soul manipulation and MTT doesn't use dura neg in his EX or NEO form. His NEO form is featless but judging by its stats, anything Hakari throws at MTT has a 99℅ chance of oneshotting him.

He has resistance to soul reshaping specifically. Getting his soul smacked around in several hits should kill him as we know several attempts to reshape Nanami's soul would've killed him.
Something something STUPID CRT makes it so it's not really dura neg and Mettaton still has to be able to deal physical damage for Soul Damage to do anything.
Why use it then?
Ya don't lol

Yeah, Hakari should have quite a few advantages here. Something I found interesting when looking at the JJK specifics is that, the soul protection comes directly from the flow of cursed energy moving in the target which has always lead me to believe Jackpot Hakari probably gets that resistance boosted like crazy due to his unlimited cursed energy flow. Probably not be applicable to this fight since it's not on his profile but it's something I wanted to see second opinions on.

Yeah, Hakari should have quite a few advantages here. Something I found interesting when looking at the JJK specifics is that, the soul protection comes directly from the flow of cursed energy moving in the target which has always lead me to believe Jackpot Hakari probably gets that resistance boosted like crazy due to his unlimited cursed energy flow. Probably not be applicable to this fight since it's not on his profile but it's something I wanted to see second opinions on.
That's because Nanami is subconsciously aware of his soul. Other's being aware is completely unknown, we even see someone like Todo who is aware still very susceptible to the soul manip.

That's because Nanami is subconsciously aware of his soul. Other's being aware is completely unknown, we even see someone like Todo who is aware still very susceptible to the soul manip.
Yes.... but we have Hakari classified as having the resistance anyway and his normal cursed flow is more comparable to Nanami's than Todo. My point was just that his Jackpot self should likely have a much better resistance to it than his normal self under the assumption he has the limited resistance

Yes.... but we have Hakari classified as having the resistance anyway and his normal cursed flow is more comparable to Nanami's than Todo. My point was just that his Jackpot self should likely have a much better resistance to it than his normal self under the assumption he has the limited resistance
The page is outdated and most of it won't be there with crt a I made. The overall point though is that the resistance even being on page, in manga is shown that people can be effected by it. Jackpot would have no change to this either.

The page is outdated and most of it won't be there with crt a I made. The overall point though is that the resistance even being on page, in manga is shown that people can be effected by it. Jackpot would have no change to this either.
Fair enough then, can't wait to see the new versions

Back