• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Strongest FOX's Marvel Villain: Jean Grey vs Doctor Doom (7-0-0)

Jean Grey:
-Mind Manipulation
-Depending on her integration, illusion creation could throw Doom off
-Resists Radiation Manipulation
-Regeneration
-Greater telekinesis LS

Doctor Doom:
-AP
-Intelligence
-Range
-Better Matter Manipulation that Jean can't resist (Sub-Atomic level)
-Resists Matter Manipulation and Fire Manipulation
-Can absorb a good amount of attacks
-Is superior to, and can negate Jean's forcefields
-Intangibility can be used to avoid attacks
-Would notice Jean if she made herself appear to be invisible

One thing I'd like to note is that I didn't note the Electricity Resistance Jean has due to the the sheer AP/Durability gap. Jean would certainly have to go with her mind based options here, which isn't something she'd hesitate to do. Given her TK LS advantage, she actually does have a chance of restraining and getting into Victor's mind. Doom won't be an easy opponent to take down still. He's got some good resistances and has more wincons here. Given the fight location, he'll be taking advantage of the asteroids as projectiles (I imagine Jean will do the same tbf). His intangibility could let him escape Jean's hold. I'm not saying it'll let him outright bypass Jean's wincon, but the potential exists.

I think I'll be voting Doom here. I believe his AP advantage, use telekinesis with the surroundings, and Matter Manipulation could let overwhelm Jean first

Last edited:
Better Matter Manipulation that Jean can't resist (Sub-Atomic level)
May I ask where Sub-Atomic level comes from? Because Silver Sulfer's profile only says that his Matter Manipulation can affect molecules
Is superior to, and can negate Jean's forcefields
Jean's forcefields are telekinetic, so to negate them Doom would need to negate Jean's TK, anyways he can one-shot with any attack
Intangibility can be used to avoid attacks
How does his Intangibility work?
Would notice Jean if she made herself appear to be invisible
Jean's invisibility is based on manipulating her opponent's perception with mind hax, which is very different than Sue Storm's invisibility, so I don't think Doom can notice her
Given the fight location, he'll be taking advantage of the asteroids as projectiles (I imagine Jean will do the same tbf).
Jean has far more LS than Doom so anything he will use as a projectile she would easily counter with her higher TK, plus her energy aura can disintegrate said projectiles

Jean's wincons would be her far higher LS and her though based mind hax, since her Matter Manipulation and Deconstruction is resisted by Doom

May I ask where Sub-Atomic level comes from? Because Silver Sulfer's profile only says that his Matter Manipulation can affect molecules
The statement on the sub-atomic level Matter Manipulation comes from Reed during this scene. I really should edit that into Surfer’s page…
Jean's forcefields are telekinetic, so to negate them Doom would need to negate Jean's TK, anyways he can one-shot with any attack
Right. That's my bad, somehow that slipped my mind. But yeah, like you said, he'd one-shot.
How does his Intangibility work?
The Intangibility works like this.
Jean's invisibility is based on manipulating her opponent's perception with mind hax, which is very different than Sue Storm's invisibility, so I don't think Doom can notice her
Regarding the invisibility, I should expand on why I believe Doom could still detect her. It's true that Jean would be manipulating Victor's perception, but AFAIK that is only in relevance to his sight. When Silver Surfer detected Sue, it didn't appear to just be through the sense of sight, but through his other senses that could pick up on her presence. If I'm downplaying her Perception Manipulation and she's actually affecting each part of a target's senses when using that ability, feel free to correct me.
Jean has far more LS than Doom so anything he will use as a projectile she would easily counter with her higher TK, plus her energy aura can disintegrate said projectiles
Unironically, I began to ponder that after making my post. I agree, her aura would be very useful in taking care of oncoming asteroids.
Jean's wincons would be her far higher LS and her though based mind hax, since her Matter Manipulation and Deconstruction is resisted by Doom
Agreed

I'll wait for your response before continuing on if I'll alter my vote or not

The Intangibility works like this.
He can do that at will at any time or only when he wants to go through matter?
Regarding the invisibility, I should expand on why I believe Doom could still detect her. It's true that Jean would be manipulating Victor's perception, but AFAIK that is only in relevance to his sight. When Silver Surfer detected Sue, it didn't appear to just be through the sense of sight, but through his other senses that could pick up on her presence. If I'm downplaying her Perception Manipulation and she's actually affecting each part of a target's senses when using that ability, feel free to correct me.
That's fair, although Jean's first mind hax move wouldn't be her perception manipulation in this key or against an enemy like Doom (Since she only uses that when she wants to be stealthy, plus she never used it in Dark Phoenix), she would use her sleep inducement or attack his mind like she did with Apocalypse

He can do that at will at any time or only when he wants to go through matter?
Nothing implies Heralds can't do that at any time, but it seems to be more likely they'll do it in instances where its easier to become intangible to avoid obstacles or harm rather than dodge. That's why I said I don't think the ability straight up bypasses Jean's wincon
That's fair, although Jean's first mind hax move wouldn't be her perception manipulation in this key or against an enemy like Doom (Since she only uses that when she wants to be stealthy, plus she never used it in Dark Phoenix), she would use her sleep inducement or attack his mind like she did with Apocalypse
Yeah, I definitely assumed Jean would got for something more offensive against Doom

Reevaluating the fact that Jean has a lot more defence over the environmental projectiles that could be used against her, this is definitely closer. Pretty much another fight that comes down to "who gets in their wincon move first?"

Jean's first move is Deconstruction + TK, the former wouldn't work due to Doom's resistance but her TK likely would, with which she can restrain or even crush Doom, once she notes that her matter manipulation doesn't work she would user her mind hax since she doesn't have other stuff

Sounds about right. Doom's starting Matter Manipulation (which yes, is in-character) would certainly grant him a win, but I'm thinking Jean's TK grab would stop him in the nick of time. Like I said, it comes down to who gets that move in first. Voting Jean Grey

Back