• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Strongest Character

Copied from mostly this post,

"
Anyone's probably going to be like, "what ever your imagination wants it to be..." or "there's always a bigger fish." I'll focus on the latter.

Burali-Forti Paradox (Archived)

Russell's Paradox (Archived)

If someone's a mathematician or into set theory, correct me if I'm wrong. In both of these paradoxes, you have a group that ends up including a thing that's bigger than a said group when the group is supposed to intuitively be bigger than a said thing. In short, they solved the problem by rearranging the rules of making sets so that this weird thing doesn't happen.

What does this have to do with having a strongest character? Given that our imagination is infinite & we have no limit to how powerful we can make a character, you're going to end up with a character that solos all characters & is immune to everything, that gets literally pooped from a non-omnipotent character. The opposite is true if we try to make the weakest character.

The best thing we have here is powerless joke characters, or entities that are weaker than any characters & is not one in itself.
"
or in this instance, tier (infinites beyond!) spam characters/entities that are stronger than any characters & is not one in (of) itself.

@H3110l12345I20
I didn't understand anything you just said, but my OC is stronger.
I mean, I don't understand all the symbols in set theory, me trying to explain what I just said is probably going to derail this thread LOL.

I mean our imagination is infinite, we can always make a character that's stronger than the other. Given that this is true, we're dealing with infinites.

Last edited:
I mean, I don't understand all the symbols in set theory, me trying to explain what I just said is probably going to derail this thread LOL.

I mean our imagination is infinite, we can always make a character that's stronger than the other. Given that this is true, we're dealing with infinites.
I mean that's the reality of the situation.
Even if a character "broke math" or whatever these kids say cardinals do nowadays (idk what religion has to do with this but that's what they say), you could still just say "But this character is even stronger than that," or "But that character is just fiction to this one."

Fiction doesn't have to follow any logic, and so in discerning "the strongest character", math is utterly unhelpful.
Technically, you don't even need feats to be the strongest character in fiction, that's only by the Wiki's standards.
It's just that you can only be the strongest character until literally anyone says otherwise.

But yeah, in the meantime my OC low-diffs.

Our lord and savior is Star Butterfly, she is so powerful she solves minor problems with total annhilation of entire species! Isn't that wonderful?

Our lord and savior is Star Butterfly, she is so powerful she solves minor problems with total annhilation of entire species! Isn't that wonderful?
I prefer Spore from Spore. Spore does that same thing, but steals their body parts along with it.

Back